Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedThe American Politics Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 399400401402403 434>
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2021 at 20:51
Forever wars will never end.  That's been clear since JFK's assassination. 
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2021 at 21:33
To make this easier to understand, but not condoning it, Biden will do all of the things that Trump refused to do that would have angered his sugar daddy Putin, like bombing Syria. So, it's more of a message to Putin than a retaliation for Syria attacking Iraq. Typical pre Trump US politics and policy.

Edited by SteveG - March 28 2021 at 10:12
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
ExittheLemming View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2021 at 21:48
Originally posted by rogerthat rogerthat wrote:

A dispiriting conclusion but true nevertheless. That said, very few of us should remain incurious to the revisionist air-brushing of serial philanderer JFK's reputation. If anyone truly embodied hope for an entire generation of youth on 22nd November 1963 it was Bobby Kennedy. A Megadeath album title would have made the only honest presidential campaign slogan to date: Killing Is My Business... and Business Is Good!
rogerthat View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2021 at 22:31
Originally posted by ExittheLemming ExittheLemming wrote:

Originally posted by rogerthat rogerthat wrote:

A dispiriting conclusion but true nevertheless. That said, very few of us should remain incurious to the revisionist air-brushing of serial philanderer JFK's reputation. If anyone truly embodied hope for an entire generation of youth on 22nd November 1963 it was Bobby Kennedy. A Megadeath album title would have made the only honest presidential campaign slogan to date: Killing Is My Business... and Business Is Good!

JFK was a philanderer but he was also a philanderer who wanted to pull back troops from Vietnam.  That was the bigger problem for CIA.  Likewise, had Grab-My-Balls not started talking loudly about how wasteful the US forever wars were, he would have been less of a problem for the establishment. 
rogerthat View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2021 at 22:40
Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

To make this easier to understand, but not condoning it, Biden will do all of the things that Trump refued to do that would have angered his sugar daddy Putin, like bombing Syria. So, it's more of a message to Putin than a retaliation for Syria attacking Iraq. Typical pre Trump US politics and policy.

Important also, though, to look at why Syria gets in American crosshairs repeatedly.  Because going back to the 1970s they wanted to stand up for themselves. And their being a Shia state also irks the likes of Saudi who have succeeded in convincing the US establishment that the real problem is all these Shia states like Iran or Syria, not you know, the country which sheltered Bin Laden pre 9/11 and the country which has continuously been funding the spread of Islamic fundamentalism, changing the character of once fairly liberal nations like Indonesia.

It's not like we don't get from the outside what the geo political priorities are.  What we find frustrating is right from the post war years these priorities always 'trump' the purported considerations of preserving and strengthening democracy across the world.  Today, we are being warned that India is turning into an electoral autocracy.  And indeed it is lurching in that direction.  But all these years before when India did try to stand up for democratic values, America was much more interested in Pakistan.  More so, if anything, when the war hungry Zia took control.  Maybe there would be less of these proxy wars overall if war games weren't the biggest priority for the military establishment.  But they are and it's been clear that successive Presidents either won't or cannot overrule them. I hate to say this given how much of a bigot he is but at least Trump pulled out of the full scale Iran strikes that crazed war hawks like Bolton were dreaming of. 
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2021 at 06:24
Originally posted by olgaol3 olgaol3 wrote:

<span -sheets-value=""1":2,"2":"I am very happy that there is now a vaccine. When the pandemic started, everyone panicked. I also had a strong panic. I lost my job and then I was happy. And in a few days I realized that it's really very bad. I started to get depressed. On GoldBee I read about some good ways to fight. I started doing ss regularly, spending more time with my stomach, listening to positive music and taking CBD gummies. Everything is fine with me now and it`s good"" -sheets-userat=""2":771,"3":"1":0,"4":null,2,16573901,"11":3,"12":0" style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Arial;">I am very happy that there is now a vaccine. When the pandemic started, everyone panicked. I also had a strong panic. I lost my job and then I was happy. And in a few days I realized that it's really very bad. I started to get depressed. On GoldBee I read about some good ways to fight. I started doing sports regularly, spending more time with my stomach, listening to positive music and taking CBD gummies. Everything is fine with me now and it`s good</span>
I'm glad you're doing well in this most trying of times. God bless.
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2021 at 19:56
A CNN director just got exposed by a hidden taping of him admitting to the news channels efforts to get Trump out of office by various unscrupulous actions. It's big. When I get a copy of the tape I'll post it here.
JD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2021 at 20:54
And ???
After all the 5hit T***p pulled?
He set the rules, so others finally played by them.
Bravo !

Edited by JD - April 13 2021 at 20:55
Thank you for supporting independently produced music
progaardvark View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Crossover/Symphonic/RPI Teams

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2021 at 04:33
What? And people believe the disinformation and deceptively edited videos of Project Veritas? LOL
----------
i'm shopping for a new oil-cured sinus bag
that's a happy bag of lettuce
this car smells like cartilage
nothing beats a good video about fractions
rogerthat View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2021 at 05:01
Originally posted by progaardvark progaardvark wrote:

What? And people believe the disinformation and deceptively edited videos of Project Veritas? LOL

And when is Veritas going to do a similar expose of Fox?  Oh, that's right, everybody already knows and has decided it is somehow ok for the far right to do so.  It's only murder if the center/left does it.
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2021 at 05:15

Even a broken clock is right twice a day. I saw the tape, no manipulation of it is needed. Now, as a Democrat and Trump hater, I have no beef with CNN or MSNBC doing a Fox and manipulating the news but I'm damn concerned that they got caught as it might put them back into the realm of fair and balanced reporting. Shocked

Edited by SteveG - April 14 2021 at 07:41
Shadowyzard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2021 at 07:55
^ I remember your media (except FOX) tried to stop Trump, as indicated by an article that I saw from a major newspaper entitled: "Will We Be Able to Stop Trump?".

Your (a news medium's) mission is to inform the public, and let them decide who they will vote for. It is not ethical to "fight" Trump. This is treating the public like they are dumbasses that are prone to manipulation. EVEN IF they are manipulated by Trump, your mission is STILL to give the actual news and let them decide for themselves.

Of course, perhaps they did something to prevent a great danger. But in the end, sooner or later; the news should solely be news; in order to attain a just world.

I personally hate when I'm deceived, even if it was intended for my own good.

Edited by Shadowyzard - April 14 2021 at 07:56
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2021 at 09:27
Originally posted by Shadowyzard Shadowyzard wrote:

^ I remember your media (except FOX) tried to stop Trump, as indicated by an article that I saw from a major newspaper entitled: "Will We Be Able to Stop Trump?".

Your (a news medium's) mission is to inform the public, and let them decide who they will vote for. It is not ethical to "fight" Trump. This is treating the public like they are dumbasses that are prone to manipulation. EVEN IF they are manipulated by Trump, your mission is STILL to give the actual news and let them decide for themselves.

Of course, perhaps they did something to prevent a great danger. But in the end, sooner or later; the news should solely be news; in order to attain a just world.

I personally hate when I'm deceived, even if it was intended for my own good.

Yes, I agree 100%. I was just being facetious.
Shadowyzard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2021 at 10:04
@Steve

The "^"  symbol, I think, means that someone is replying to the above post. My bad, it seems. I already appreciate your political stance and fairness, and I meant to state my general view on "how news should be", related to the most recent topic you brought here.
Crane View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2021 at 10:29
“Art is the recognition of the universal presence of God.” —Ernest Hello
Collaborator
Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2021 at 11:40

Even a broken clock is right twice a day. I saw the tape, no manipulation of it is needed. Now, as a Democrat and Trump hater, I have no beef with CNN or MSNBC doing a Fox and manipulating the news but I'm damn concerned that they got caught as it might put them back into the realm of fair and balanced reporting. Shocked

With the history and track record of Project Veritas, the tape you watched was probably already manipulated. This will make its rounds on right-wing media, give dodoheads like Matt Gaetz and Jim Jordan a crude propaganda talking point, and then it will fizzle out until the next right-wing "outrage" appears. They have an outrage every couple of days anymore. Heaven forbid that they let things calm down or some Fox News watchers might wander off and get exposed to some facts somewhere.
----------
Snicolette View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2021 at 11:52
@ progaardvark: LOL, "they have an outrage every couple of days...."  I have a friend who describes histrionic hissy fits as "having an opera....."  Wink
"Into every rain, a little life must fall." ~Tom Rapp
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2021 at 12:21

With the history and track record of Project Veritas, the tape you watched was probably already manipulated. This will make its rounds on right-wing media, give dodoheads like Matt Gaetz and Jim Jordan a crude propaganda talking point, and then it will fizzle out until the next right-wing "outrage" appears. They have an outrage every couple of days anymore. Heaven forbid that they let things calm down or some Fox News watchers might wander off and get exposed to some facts somewhere.
I'm well aware of thier underhanded tricks and have seen probably 20 edited tapes by them. But I believe this one. And CNN is a left wing lapdog so something was bound to come out sooner or later. But as you say, thier credibility is so low that even a real scoop will just be ignored.

Edited by SteveG - April 14 2021 at 12:29
Collaborator
Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2021 at 16:13

I'm well aware of thier underhanded tricks and have seen probably 20 edited tapes by them. But I believe this one. And CNN is a left wing lapdog so something was bound to come out sooner or later. But as you say, thier credibility is so low that even a real scoop will just be ignored.

Well, let's give it a couple of days and see what happens. Maybe I'm wrong. Right now, only right-wing sources are reporting on it; none of them of any credibility at the moment.
----------
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2021 at 16:26
This is nothing new in US politics, people have been 'stealing elections fair & square' for well over a hundred years, and every seasoned journalist and politico knows that... they also have the right to influence politics.   Time/Life did it to Kennedy, the Washington Post did it to Nixon, Linda Tripp did it to Clinton, and now CNN has done it to Trump.   For the media to act surprised is specious.
"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 399400401402403 434>