FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedThe American Politics Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101102103104105 434>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
PSIKE, JRF/Canterbury, P Metal, Eclectic

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2018 at 09:14
^ you're speaking from a moral point of view. To understand how evil works is to follow the logic through the laws that have been set up for it to wield its true power. I know this will sound like a bunch of gobbly gook BS. That's exactly what's it's set up to do, namely obfuscate true culpability and intention. It's a system that has been perfected over time and for most who don't undertake the arduous discipline of learning its true nature, they will forever remain in the dark about how this crap works. It's an UGLY monster for sure but a real one :(

https://rateyourmusic.com/~siLLy_puPPy
Easy Money View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2018 at 09:41
^ You lost me at "The Vatican runs the world", on the previous page. I know what comes next; the Illuminati, Jewish banker conspiracies, etc etc.

Edited by Easy Money - November 11 2018 at 09:41
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2018 at 16:17
Originally posted by Easy Money Easy Money wrote:

^ You lost me at "The Vatican runs the world", on the previous page. I know what comes next; the Illuminati, Jewish banker conspiracies, etc etc.

"Conspiracies" is a word used by those who haven't done their homework. Do it and you'll see that the Vatican really does rule the world. Just study the laws.

Did you know that there are two of you? The Vatican claims the afterbirth that is discarded in a hospital and creates a corporation out of it. If you have a birth certificate or social security number then your body is traded on the New York stock exchange. Not conspiracies - the law. BTW, the law is called Maritime Admiral Law based on ancient laws that go back to Rome.

Study the law, dude. It's real. Adding unrelated banker nonsense doesn't negate how crap really flies in this land. 

Edited by siLLy puPPy - November 11 2018 at 16:17

Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2018 at 16:57
Wow.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2018 at 17:11
Originally posted by Atavachron Atavachron wrote:

Wow.

f**king WOW, indeed. Don't take my word for it. I'm just a nerd who studies reality in depth. DO YOUR f**kING HOMEWORK!!!!!  I can't change this world myself. Knowledge is the ONLY key to making this world the paradise it should be. 

BTW, i am in the process of creating my own website that will have a coherent "studying program" that will allow those who want to take the red pill to find info. Although i find great pleasure in escaping through music, my obligation is to make this evil f**king cabal, illuminati or whatever you wanna f**kin call it, see the light and redeem themselves from the dead end they have decided to embark upon. 

Having said that, there are so many more who have already created in depth training courses in truth. All i can ask of you all is to keep an open mind and realize that most of what we hear today is only propoganda.

The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2018 at 20:52
Originally posted by siLLy puPPy siLLy puPPy wrote:

"Conspiracies" is a word used by those who haven't done their homework. Do it and you'll see that the Vatican really does rule the world. Just study the laws.

Did you know that there are two of you? The Vatican claims the afterbirth that is discarded in a hospital and creates a corporation out of it. If you have a birth certificate or social security number then your body is traded on the New York stock exchange. Not conspiracies - the law. BTW, the law is called Maritime Admiral Law based on ancient laws that go back to Rome.

Study the law, dude. It's real. Adding unrelated banker nonsense doesn't negate how crap really flies in this land. 
You almost make Oompha sound sentient. Reasonable even. 

Trying to foist the Roman Catholic Church, and in particular the Vatican, as the sinister leader of the world is as old as the Reformation's Papist plots. Throw in a cabal of Zionist Jews and maybe a sprinkling of Jesuits, and you have the makings of every conspiracy ever dreamed up by racists, bigots and charlatans. It is scapegoating. It is blaming the "Other" for conspiring to keep you poor. 

I would suggest you read Umberto Eco's Foucault's Pendulum, or the more recent The Prague Cemetery. If you are going to blindly mutter about conspiracy theories, perhaps you should learn where and why they are formulated. 

...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2018 at 21:12
Originally posted by The Dark Elf The Dark Elf wrote:

You almost make Oompha sound sentient. Reasonable even. 

Trying to foist the Roman Catholic Church, and in particular the Vatican, as the sinister leader of the world is as old as the Reformation's Papist plots. Throw in a cabal of Zionist Jews and maybe a sprinkling of Jesuits, and you have the makings of every conspiracy ever dreamed up by racists, bigots and charlatans. It is scapegoating. It is blaming the "Other" for conspiring to keep you poor. 

I would suggest you read Umberto Eco's Foucault's Pendulum, or the more recent The Prague Cemetery. If you are going to blindly mutter about conspiracy theories, perhaps you should learn where and why they are formulated. 

As i stated, if you do not study the laws on an esoteric level you are missing out. All the extras you are adding are your own conjectures and utterly irrelevant. Laws are created to control the population and until you understand them then you are controlled. Do you know what a law that governs the actions of human beings is? Is a traffic citation a conspiracy theory? Is property ownership a conspiracy? Get real. You obviously have trouble focusing on a point that had a relevancy. Blindly muttering about conspiracy theories? Gimme a break. Follow the law, the financial money flow and you see the picture perfectly clear. But of course, many choose to simply sit idle, drink their beers, smoke their joints and call anyone who dares dig deeply into the actual structure of the system, a, ho hum, conspiracist. If you can specifically debate any particular point i've made i'm all ears, otherwise you are the just another nebulous commentator who tries to tie every single criticism of how the nation operates on a hatred of jews. Weak, my friend. Very weak.  

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2018 at 21:28
^ To be more specific. Why do you think that Western laws tied to the Vatican are so ridicuosly inconceivable? Words in Germanic languages can be traced back hundreds of years as can virtually every aspect of culture. Even progressive rock is tied to classical music which spans back nearly a millennium. Language dates back to before we even have records, but for some reason in your view, the laws which govern our daily behaviors can't possible have any connection to the pre-American colonization that we experience at the present. Am i missing something? Are you enlightened beyond the normal boundaries of jurisprudence by an exemplary force unbeknownst to humankind? Have you been given powers to see things that we mere mortals who merely study in 3D can't comprehend? Please enlighen me if that is so. If i'm to take the word of scholars who are top in their fields over a simple post on a forum, forgive me. I tend to be biased i guess.

The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2018 at 23:00

As i stated, if you do not study the laws on an esoteric level you are missing out. All the extras you are adding are your own conjectures and utterly irrelevant. Laws are created to control the population and until you understand them then you are controlled. Do you know what a law that governs the actions of human beings is? Is a traffic citation a conspiracy theory? Is property ownership a conspiracy? Get real. You obviously have trouble focusing on a point that had a relevancy. Blindly muttering about conspiracy theories? Gimme a break. Follow the law, the financial money flow and you see the picture perfectly clear. But of course, many choose to simply sit idle, drink their beers, smoke their joints and call anyone who dares dig deeply into the actual structure of the system, a, ho hum, conspiracist. If you can specifically debate any particular point i've made i'm all ears, otherwise you are the just another nebulous commentator who tries to tie every single criticism of how the nation operates on a hatred of jews. Weak, my friend. Very weak.  

Ah yes, the Magna Carta caused me to run a red light, hence the traffic citation and the judgement of the Illuminati (the prosecutor was evidently a distaff member of the Rothschilds). Because damned King John. The inexorable movement of history all leads to the precise moment when the tinfoil constricting your forehead causes the blood flow to cease and your synapses blink on and off as you stare for hours at all the newspaper clippings tacked neatly on your wall with circles and arrows and ciphers clearly showing the Vogue magazine cover links to an advert in Good Housekeeping which leads directly to an opinion piece in a 1990s edition of Popular Mechanics regarding lunar cycles conflicting with the brain waves of schizophrenics.

Papist plots, like the Eternal Jew, have been conspiracies since the Middle Ages. It is not my place to confer upon you historical perspective, or give you any credence for your interwebz searches. Your conspiracy simply doesn't hold water, and has been used by any number of crackpots and charlatans to excise money and power from the simple at the expense of a scapegoat. You evidently are blithely unaware of the historical precedents.

To be more specific. Why do you think that Western laws tied to the Vatican are so ridicuosly inconceivable? Words in Germanic languages can be traced back hundreds of years as can virtually every aspect of culture. Even progressive rock is tied to classical music which spans back nearly a millennium. Language dates back to before we even have records, but for some reason in your view, the laws which govern our daily behaviors can't possible have any connection to the pre-American colonization that we experience at the present. Am i missing something? Are you enlightened beyond the normal boundaries of jurisprudence by an exemplary force unbeknownst to humankind? Have you been given powers to see things that we mere mortals who merely study in 3D can't comprehend? Please enlighen me if that is so. If i'm to take the word of scholars who are top in their fields over a simple post on a forum, forgive me. I tend to be biased i guess.

I believe the word you are looking for is "civilization", as in Western Civilization. Had you been born in Riyadh, Shanghai or Minsk, you would be rabbiting on about a completely different conspiracy, I am sure.

From a philological and semiotic standpoint, I can guarantee I have the advantage over you. If you'd like to discuss etymologies concerning Germanic words found in the English language, we can do so. Like the difference between "ship" ("a floating vessel or boat", from the A-S scip and scipian, cognate with the German schiff and Dutch schipp), as opposed to the suffix "-ship" ("the quality of, position, condition, office, etc. from the A-S sciepe, M-E sciepe, cognate with Old Norse -scapr and German -schaft). You would like ship and -ship to mean the same thing for your conspiracy, but historically and etymologically they are totally unrelated. Just like the words "berth" and "birth" are not related, given that the term "berth" (as in giving someone a wide berth) means in nautical terms to give a sailor adequate space to bunk on a ship. But you desperately need "birth" and "berth" to mean the same thing so you can prattle on about the Maritime Admiralty Law (humorously, you misidentified the term as "Maritime Admiral Law", perhaps because you're suffering from Stockholm Syndrome and your tormentor has given you all this second hand).

Otherwise, the laws that form the basis of the American legal system are based on English Common Law, and we belong to the British part of Western Democracy, as opposed to the French and their adherence to the Roman Justinian Law or Corpus Juris Civilis

But please, which "scholars" agree with you regarding Maritime Admiralty Law? And I am not talking about bloggers on the Dark Net, but actual scholars, m'dear.
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
npjnpj View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2018 at 01:19
Are you guys just having each other on, or is this serious? (jaw hits floor)
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2018 at 02:53

Ah yes, the Magna Carta caused me to run a red light, hence the traffic citation and the judgement of the Illuminati (the prosecutor was evidently a distaff member of the Rothschilds). Because damned King John. The inexorable movement of history all leads to the precise moment when the tinfoil constricting your forehead causes the blood flow to cease and your synapses blink on and off as you stare for hours at all the newspaper clippings tacked neatly on your wall with circles and arrows and ciphers clearly showing the Vogue magazine cover links to an advert in Good Housekeeping which leads directly to an opinion piece in a 1990s edition of Popular Mechanics regarding lunar cycles conflicting with the brain waves of schizophrenics.

Papist plots, like the Eternal Jew, have been conspiracies since the Middle Ages. It is not my place to confer upon you historical perspective, or give you any credence for your interwebz searches. Your conspiracy simply doesn't hold water, and has been used by any number of crackpots and charlatans to excise money and power from the simple at the expense of a scapegoat. You evidently are blithely unaware of the historical precedents.

To be more specific. Why do you think that Western laws tied to the Vatican are so ridicuosly inconceivable? Words in Germanic languages can be traced back hundreds of years as can virtually every aspect of culture. Even progressive rock is tied to classical music which spans back nearly a millennium. Language dates back to before we even have records, but for some reason in your view, the laws which govern our daily behaviors can't possible have any connection to the pre-American colonization that we experience at the present. Am i missing something? Are you enlightened beyond the normal boundaries of jurisprudence by an exemplary force unbeknownst to humankind? Have you been given powers to see things that we mere mortals who merely study in 3D can't comprehend? Please enlighen me if that is so. If i'm to take the word of scholars who are top in their fields over a simple post on a forum, forgive me. I tend to be biased i guess.

I believe the word you are looking for is "civilization", as in Western Civilization. Had you been born in Riyadh, Shanghai or Minsk, you would be rabbiting on about a completely different conspiracy, I am sure.

From a philological and semiotic standpoint, I can guarantee I have the advantage over you. If you'd like to discuss etymologies concerning Germanic words found in the English language, we can do so. Like the difference between "ship" ("a floating vessel or boat", from the A-S scip and scipian, cognate with the German schiff and Dutch schipp), as opposed to the suffix "-ship" ("the quality of, position, condition, office, etc. from the A-S sciepe, M-E sciepe, cognate with Old Norse -scapr and German -schaft). You would like ship and -ship to mean the same thing for your conspiracy, but historically and etymologically they are totally unrelated. Just like the words "berth" and "birth" are not related, given that the term "berth" (as in giving someone a wide berth) means in nautical terms to give a sailor adequate space to bunk on a ship. But you desperately need "birth" and "berth" to mean the same thing so you can prattle on about the Maritime Admiralty Law (humorously, you misidentified the term as "Maritime Admiral Law", perhaps because you're suffering from Stockholm Syndrome and your tormentor has given you all this second hand).

Otherwise, the laws that form the basis of the American legal system are based on English Common Law, and we belong to the British part of Western Democracy, as opposed to the French and their adherence to the Roman Justinian Law or Corpus Juris Civilis

But please, which "scholars" agree with you regarding Maritime Admiralty Law? And I am not talking about bloggers on the Dark Net, but actual scholars, m'dear.

Are you for real? Any practicing lawyers' law books will tell you what these things mean. This is why i pretty much avoid this thread. Anything that falls outside the scope of the opinions of those who post here is immediately brushed off as a conspiracy, including laws that were set up by the founding fathers back in the 1700s and still apply today. Whatever, live in your own world.

Edited by siLLy puPPy - November 12 2018 at 02:54

rogerthat View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2018 at 03:40

<span style=": rgb248, 248, 252;">To be more specific. Why do you think that Western laws tied to the Vatican are so ridicuosly inconceivable? Words in Germanic languages can be traced back hundreds of years as can virtually every aspect of culture. Even progressive rock is tied to classical music which spans back nearly a millennium. Language dates back to before we even have records, but for some reason in your view, the laws which govern our daily behaviors can't possible have any connection to the pre-American colonization that we experience at the present. Am i missing something? Are you enlightened beyond the normal boundaries of jurisprudence by an exemplary force unbeknownst to humankind? Have you been given powers to see things that we mere mortals who merely study in 3D can't comprehend? Please enlighen me if that is so. If i'm to take the word of scholars who are top in their fields over a simple post on a forum, forgive me. I tend to be biased i guess.</span>

From a philological and semiotic standpoint, I can guarantee I have the advantage over you. If you'd like to discuss etymologies concerning Germanic words found in the English language, we can do so. Like the difference between "ship" ("a floating vessel or boat", from the A-S scip and scipian, cognate with the German schiff and Dutch schipp), as opposed to the suffix "-ship" ("the quality of, position, condition, office, etc. from the A-S sciepe, M-E sciepe, cognate with Old Norse -scapr and German -schaft). You would like ship and -ship to mean the same thing for your conspiracy, but historically and etymologically they are totally unrelated. Just like the words "berth" and "birth" are not related, given that the term "berth" (as in giving someone a wide berth) means in nautical terms to give a sailor adequate space to bunk on a ship. But you desperately need "birth" and "berth" to mean the same thing so you can prattle on about the <span style=": rgb248, 248, 252;">Maritime Admiralty Law</span><span style=": rgb248, 248, 252;"> (humorously, you misidentified the term as "</span><span style=": rgb248, 248, 252;">Maritime Admiral Law", perhaps because you're suffering from Stockholm Syndrome and your tormentor has given you all this second hand).</span>

Are you for real? Any practicing lawyers' law books will tell you what these things mean. This is why i pretty much avoid this thread. Anything that falls outside the scope of the opinions of those who post here is immediately brushed off as a conspiracy, including laws that were set up by the founding fathers back in the 1700s and still apply today. Whatever, live in your own world.

Not a lawyer but an accountant who deals with taxes so I read statutes a lot. It says there that the Act deals with navigation and shipping. Care to explain what part of the text are you relying on and how have you interpreted it so that its scope actually extends all the way to birth. And why would a court case against any attempt by the govt to derive such a broad interpretation not succeed?
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2018 at 06:51
^ Did you read the part that it also refers to commerce? ALL commerce. That means any money exchange. Remember that money can be "liquidated" because it is "current"- cy that flows between "banks." It gets even more bizarre as you dig ever so deeper. I don't have the answer as to why regarding how the birth certificate thing operates. I've heard it explained, i just can't remember the exact details but it is real. It has something to do with being born through a birth "canal" which is subject to Admiralty Law. The afterbirth which is discarded is adopted by a ward of the state, which is the Vatican. This second "you" is then given the same name only written entirely in capital letters. That is your corporate doppleganger that is used for all commerce. Have you ever seen a tax return or any other official document that uses lowercase letters for identity? I haven't. Since your "corporate you" cannot be an independent person, it remains a ward of the state for life and in turn means that "You" never own anything, you merely have a financial interest. You must apply for an allodial title to actually own anything and if you form a Corporate Sole then you become immune from any legal threats. That's how corporations get away with murder. It's a fascinating built in protection system of wriggling out of culpability and financial liabilities. They somehow stretch these definitions to suit them. What is legal and what is done remain to be seen but the liberties taken are clearly based in reality. Anyway, i only interjected all this into this discussion because i feel almost no Westerners understand that all the political nonsense that is happening has a basis in these tenets of law. It goes a long way to understand the underpinnings of the legal system as to read the tea leaves so to speak as to how political decisions will be carried out. 

rogerthat View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2018 at 07:45

^ Did you read the part that it also refers to commerce? ALL commerce. That means any money exchange. Remember that money can be "liquidated" because it is "current"- cy that flows between "banks." It gets even more bizarre as you dig ever so deeper. I don't have the answer as to why regarding how the birth certificate thing operates. I've heard it explained, i just can't remember the exact details but it is real. It has something to do with being born through a birth "canal" which is subject to Admiralty Law. The afterbirth which is discarded is adopted by a ward of the state, which is the Vatican. This second "you" is then given the same name only written entirely in capital letters. That is your corporate doppleganger that is used for all commerce. Have you ever seen a tax return or any other official document that uses lowercase letters for identity? I haven't. Since your "corporate you" cannot be an independent person, it remains a ward of the state for life and in turn means that "You" never own anything, you merely have a financial interest. You must apply for an allodial title to actually own anything and if you form a Corporate Sole then you become immune from any legal threats. That's how corporations get away with murder. It's a fascinating built in protection system of wriggling out of culpability and financial liabilities. They somehow stretch these definitions to suit them. What is legal and what is done remain to be seen but the liberties taken are clearly based in reality. Anyway, i only interjected all this into this discussion because i feel almost no Westerners understand that all the political nonsense that is happening has a basis in these tenets of law. It goes a long way to understand the underpinnings of the legal system as to read the tea leaves so to speak as to how political decisions will be carried out. 

I thought you were going to say that.  And here's why I am skeptical of that interpretation.  Because the very first line specifically says "admiralty law or maritime law is the distinct body of law (both substantive and procedural) governing navigation and shipping."  It does not say that it governs anything else and in my view it cannot govern that which it does not expressly mention as governing. Therefore, it follows that when in the next sentence, it refers to commerce, it must refer to commerce in the course of sea trade and not ANY commerce.  Any other interpretation would mean that, for instance, the Fox-Disney deal would also be subject to Maritime Law as it is also commerce.  I do not see anything that suggests that is the case.  I will believe that a very wide interpretation of commerce is being applied when I see proof of it.  Your suggestion that since one is born through a birth canal, it is also covered under admiralty law is again a very broad and, if I may, creative interpretation that cannot possibly be carried out through the legal system without causing utter chaos.  If you say, hey presto, look at the current presidency and is it not chaotic, my counter would be that the statutes that enforce admiralty law have been around for way too long to be judged only by one isolated presidency.  

I am more open minded than some of the other folks on this here thread when it comes to conspiracy theories, possibly I live in a way more crony capitalistic nation with an even more cynical and dystopian head of state (Mr Modi) than Trump could ever hope to be.  Trump would probably actually get shot dead on 15th street if he implemented something like demonetisation in USA.  Anyway, to get back to the point, my objection is that by its very nature, any conspiracy would have to be surreptitious and cannot lean on widely used legal provisions for protection.  By its very nature, such an operation would have to reside outside the legal system.  Otherwise, there is nothing secretive about it anymore and it's basically the accepted way of governing. And if it were, then at least some of the recent Supreme Court decisions pertaining to maritime law would feature this highly broad interpretation of commerce/birth canal.  I see none.   That means the Court has no jurisdiction to impose such a law either and whatever secretive system of ruling the masses is there must exist as an overlord.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2018 at 08:00
^ Skepticle you are? Me too, however despite how YOU interpretit it, THEY interpretit it the way they see fit. This is all common knowledge amongst legal circles. It is much more complex and detailed than my mere few words. My goal was not to convince anybody that this sort of roundabout monkeybusiness exists but rather to peak their interest into investigating it for themselves. It's not a theory, it's an analysis, a HUGE difference. The Supreme Court granted corporations personhood in the 1800s which is connected. This is a mult-century entanglement of laws. You have to dig deeper to convince yourself. I'm just bringing it to the attention of anyone who wants to pursue this further. And you're right. It's not a secret. It's just that it's in a body of knowledge that most people don't study. That's why i have discovered this, because i took the time to pursue this. Am just a student in this myself, so i don't claim to have all the answers but the deeper i dig, the more it makes sense. Remember words in legaleze have multiple meanings depending on context so you may not know secondary or tertiary terminology. Admirality Law has its own vernacular so to speak.

rogerthat View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2018 at 08:14

^ Skepticle you are? Me too, however despite how YOU interpretit it, THEY interpretit it the way they see fit. This is all common knowledge amongst legal circles. It is much more complex and detailed than my mere few words. My goal was not to convince anybody that this sort of roundabout monkeybusiness exists but rather to peak their interest into investigating it for themselves. It's not a theory, it's an analysis, a HUGE difference. The Supreme Court granted corporations personhood in the 1800s which is connected. This is a mult-century entanglement of laws. You have to dig deeper to convince yourself. I'm just bringing it to the attention of anyone who wants to pursue this further. And you're right. It's not a secret. It's just that it's in a body of knowledge that most people don't study. That's why i have discovered this, because i took the time to pursue this. Am just a student in this myself, so i don't claim to have all the answers but the deeper i dig, the more it makes sense. Remember words in legaleze have multiple meanings depending on context so you may not know secondary or tertiary terminology. Admirality Law has its own vernacular so to speak.

I am well aware of that.  It is just that it's a real stretch to define something as a subset which is actually a super set of the set.  And if indeed they interpret it in this way, again, I don't see any evidence of it.  I understand that there wouldn't be which is again why I don't see why they would even seek legal sanction for something like this.  Allowing for something like this to be permitted by law would only weaken the interests of a secret cabal by opening the doors for others to challenge them using the self same subterfuge. I will have to agree to disagree on this.  Anything of this sort is more likely to be found in some top secret files that the public is not privy to, not in something that every lawyer is aware of, as you claim is the case.

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2018 at 09:00
^ I didn't quite mean every lawyer but those specialized in these fields like corporate law sure are. It makes a lot more sense when an actual lawyer who has practiced law for decades explains it. I was just wondering if anyone here has heard of this since this site attracts many intellectuals and professionals.

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2018 at 09:01
Also it's a real stretch that the supreme court granted personhood to corporations but that's exactly what they did

rogerthat View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2018 at 09:20

Also it's a real stretch that the supreme court granted personhood to corporations but that's exactly what they did
Makes total sense to me and it secured the large scale employment they needed to create a consumer class for the products that were to be mass manufactured via the new factories.  Without an industrial revolution, there would have been no need for the corporation. And as we move more and more towards automation, large listed companies will disappear and successful companies will prefer to stay private.  It's already happening, actually, and we are just waiting for the old listed behemoths to slowly die out. 
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2018 at 13:04
^ makes sense from a logistical stance agreed but from an interpretive one not so much. The same sort of logic bending occurred when they patented life forms but that's a whole other can of worms.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101102103104105 434>