Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 380381382383384 434>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2021 at 16:58
Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

Yes, but we didn't think Trump election was rigged.
Nope, not for a second. It was the natural pushback against the Obama presidency. I'm not one of those who was surprised that Trump won. Just ask micky.
Add to that Hillary was unlikable, never straight forward and under FBI investigation. That was a terrible election. I couldn't vote for either.
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2021 at 16:59
Originally posted by Easy Money Easy Money wrote:

Yes, but we didn't think Trump election was rigged.
Nope, not for a second. It was the natural pushback against the Obama presidency. I'm not one of those who was surprised that Trump won. Just ask micky.
Add to that Hillary was unlikable, never straight forward and under FBI investigation. That was a terrible election. I couldn't vote for either.
Exactly. You really had to hold your nose to vote for her.
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2021 at 20:01

Originally posted by AFlowerKingCrimson AFlowerKingCrimson wrote:

Originally posted by Atavachron Atavachron wrote:

Well they'll just have to suck it up, like Dems did in 2020.  

I'm not a dem, but I also don't recall sucking up anything, lol. I battled trumpateers endlessly on the internet for the past 4 years. I can retire now.

You might be one of the few republicans in here then. Wink Unless you are a libertarian or some other smaller party member. 
Just an open minded independent who sees good points and bad points in both parties, but I absolutely could not stand trump, and I know lots of repubs who feel the same way.

I was independent at one point but then switched back to democrat so I could vote in the primaries only to not vote in most of them out of laziness. Go figure. Confused I don't think I'll go back to being an independent though. The democratic party represents most of my values and I agree with them on most things so I'll stick with them. 

Edited by AFlowerKingCrimson - January 20 2021 at 20:01
npjnpj View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2021 at 22:02
Sincerest congratulations to the USA. Hope is back!

Edited by npjnpj - January 20 2021 at 22:03
rogerthat View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2021 at 23:05
If the USA managed to let a clown populist get elected, they also managed to unseat him after one term where such populists have previously held power for a very long time. But Biden needs to somehow use his slim House and Senate majorities to act boldly lest Trump Jr runs in 2024.
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2021 at 04:25
Originally posted by rogerthat rogerthat wrote:

If the USA managed to let a clown populist get elected, they also managed to unseat him after one term where such populists have previously held power for a very long time. But Biden needs to somehow use his slim House and Senate majorities to act boldly lest Trump Jr runs in 2024.
He can only try, M. We can't ask for more than that. It also depends on how much pushback he gets from Republicans and in Congress.

Edited by SteveG - January 21 2021 at 05:07
BaldFriede View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2021 at 07:55
I found it ominous that Donald Trump said "we'll be back". What does he mean? He returning as the Marshmallow Man, accompanied by Rudy Giuliani as a ghoul, Ted Cruz and Josh Hawley as Count Dracula and his son and Lauren Boebert and Marjorie Taylor Greene as harpies?

BaldJean and I; I am the one in blue.
Easy Money View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2021 at 07:57
Originally posted by rogerthat rogerthat wrote:

Yeah, its hard to get rid of a populist. If trump had gotten a second term we would have been stuck with him for ever.
As for Don Jr, he comes across as kind of weak. I don't think he is particularly popular with repubs or trumpateers. His main pull with trumpateers though is that they would assume his dad would be telling him what to do.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2021 at 08:00
Originally posted by BaldFriede BaldFriede wrote:

I found it ominous that Donald Trump said "we'll be back". What does he mean? He returning as the Marshmallow Man, accompanied by Rudy Giuliani as a ghoul, Ted Cruz and Josh Hawley as Count Dracula and his son and Lauren Boebert and Marjorie Taylor Greene as harpies?
He has mentioned a lot of possibilities including a new news network and a new political party (Patriot party). A political foundation that fund raises and supports chosen candidates would be likely, as well as a career as a talk show host like Rush Limbaugh.
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2021 at 08:28

He has mentioned a lot of possibilities including a new news network and a new political party (Patriot party). A political foundation that fund raises and supports chosen candidates would be likely, as well as a career as a talk show host like Rush Limbaugh.
Given his feud with Arnold over the The Biggest Loser (or whatever his reality show was called) it is ironic that he would paraphrase one of Arnold's most famous lines.
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2021 at 08:56

Um... isn't "a new political party" the equivalent of what I said? The name of the party would of course be "Monster Mesh".

The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2021 at 08:56

He has mentioned a lot of possibilities including a new news network and a new political party (Patriot party)...

Yes, the "Patriot Party". Because "White Racist Camo-Wearing Trailer Trash Party" takes too long to type.

Edited by The Dark Elf - January 21 2021 at 08:57
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2021 at 08:58
Originally posted by The Dark Elf The Dark Elf wrote:

He has mentioned a lot of possibilities including a new news network and a new political party (Patriot party)...

Yes, the "Patriot Party". Because "White Racist Camo-Wearing Trailer Trash Party" takes too long to type.

"Patriot Party" and "Monster Mesh" are synonyms.

Patriotism is in my opinion for idiots. Let me quote Schopenhauer on patriotism:

“The cheapest sort of pride is national pride; for if a man is proud of his own nation, it argues that he has no qualities of his own of which he can be proud; otherwise he would not have recourse to those which he shares with so many millions of his fellowmen. The man who is endowed with important personal qualities will be only too ready to see clearly in what respects his own nation falls short, since their failings will be constantly before his eyes. But every miserable fool who has nothing at all of which he can be proud adopts, as a last resource, pride in the nation to which he belongs; he is ready and glad to defend all its faults and follies tooth and nail, thus reimbursing himself for his own inferiority.”

Edited by BaldFriede - January 21 2021 at 09:05

moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2021 at 09:18

Hi,

ALL THAT ... and a new PARTY named "Patriots" ... which will hurt the Republican Party in America a lot more than it will the Democratic Party.

I think it will guarantee a Democratic anything for many years ... I doubt that DT can gain enough popularity and money to make a run in a few years ... he owes millions as it is, and is going to file for another bankruptcy now that he is not in office anymore, is the guess ... but I'm not sure that the media will help him much ... some networks are not quite fans of the guy ... but in the end, America has been a 2 party dictatorship for too long, and it might be a good thing ... although I think the confusion as to what anybody stands for is going to be obliterated even more!

But, honestly, I really thought that "Christian Puddings" and "Hallucinatory Custard" might be an even better name for some of these parties!

Remember that DT started out in the primaries as an independent and he was hurting the Republican Party in America big time ... they took him on, figuring that they could not lose and they didn't at that time! 

Edited by moshkito - January 21 2021 at 09:22
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
BaldJean View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2021 at 10:02
Friede forgot to mention Mitch McConnell as Gamera, the giant turtle from Japanese horror movies

Edited by BaldJean - January 21 2021 at 10:12

A shot of me as High Priestess of Gaia during our fall festival. Ceterum censeo principiis obsta
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2021 at 10:12
The Patriot Party is a great way to weaken the Republican Party for decades. And the Patriot Party would be a weakling too. Sounds good to me.

Edited by SteveG - January 21 2021 at 10:13
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2021 at 10:27
Originally posted by rushfan4 rushfan4 wrote:

Given his feud with Arnold over the The Biggest Loser (or whatever his reality show was called) it is ironic that he would paraphrase one of Arnold's most famous lines.

Trump's show was called the apprentice. I don't think Arnold(if you mean Arnold Schwarzenegger)had a show.

Anyway, yes I don't think the public has seen the last of him especially not his supporters. However, I doubt his career and life will ever be the same. Assuming he's not convicted what will he do? TV won't want him. Politics doesn't want him. The media(unless you mean fox news)in general sure as hell doesn't want him. He would have to start slowly by rebuilding his brand(in whatever shape or form that would take). It is possible as someone mentioned a while back here that he could find his way into the right wing talk show circuit(a la Rush Limbaugh)but I'm skeptical if even that would happen. Yes, he has supporters but what are they going to support him as?

Edited by AFlowerKingCrimson - January 21 2021 at 10:30
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2021 at 10:39

Originally posted by The Dark Elf The Dark Elf wrote:

"Patriot Party" and "Monster Mesh" are synonyms.

Patriotism is in my opinion for idiots. Let me quote Schopenhauer on patriotism:

“The cheapest sort of pride is national pride; for if a man is proud of his own nation, it argues that he has no qualities of his own of which he can be proud; otherwise he would not have recourse to those which he shares with so many millions of his fellowmen. The man who is endowed with important personal qualities will be only too ready to see clearly in what respects his own nation falls short, since their failings will be constantly before his eyes. But every miserable fool who has nothing at all of which he can be proud adopts, as a last resource, pride in the nation to which he belongs; he is ready and glad to defend all its faults and follies tooth and nail, thus reimbursing himself for his own inferiority.”

There are plenty of people, reasonable, liberal, and well intentioned people, who would call out Schopenhauer for such an idiotic statement. There is absolutely nothing wrong with having a sense of pride in who you are, or where you come from.

Not all patriots are cheap, imbecilic rednecks. Most liberals, on the other hand, find it utterly impossible to understand anything which makes the common man tick.
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2021 at 10:47
Re Lazland; Yes, you just explained why the dems lost the working class and much of middle America.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2021 at 10:48

The Patriot Party is a great way to weaken the Republican Party for decades. And the Patriot Party would be a weakling too. Sounds good to me.
True, and if he starts a new 'news' network, that will cut into faux news.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 380381382383384 434>