Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Causa Sui - Live in Copenhagen (triple vinyl / CD)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedCausa Sui - Live in Copenhagen (triple vinyl / CD)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Causa Sui - Live in Copenhagen (triple vinyl / CD)
    Posted: February 13 2017 at 02:35
is out 17th March: 

From the site:

During these three discs Causa Sui aren't merely running through classic cuts from the catalogue. Each track is explored, reinterpreted and given new life – often straying far away from its original roots with a fervent energy. One minute the band is bluesy and heavy, the next they're repetitive and blissed-out or venturing into a cacophony of Albert Ayler-like sax bursts, free-form electronics and feedback. Swedish saxophone player Johan Riedenlow joins both shows and Papir-guitar player Nicklas Sørensen occasionally adds his magic to the Dragens Hule set – including a towering 13-minute version of Eternal Flow, that seems to channel the energy of mid-1970s Popol Vuh, as well as a breezy cover version of Agitation Free's ”First Communication”.

”Ju-Ju Blues” from the Jazzhouse set is Causa Sui at their most fuzzed out and Hendrixian, reaching new improvisational heights, whereas ”Dawn Passage” feels like an obvious fusion of Tame Impala and Allman Brothers. On the Dragens Hule sets the band goes all the way out! ”Portixeddu / Tropic Of Capricorn” turns Bitches Brew-era Miles Davis into a crazed sludge-fest, and fan-favourites ”El Paraiso” and “Red Valley” appear here in their ultimate versions. To cap things off the band delivers a 17-minute exclusive tribute to John Coltrane's ”A Love Supreme” featuring both Johan Riedenlow and Nicklas Sørensen.

Pre-ordered like a bullet.  I have been hankering for the guys to play with Johan Riedenlow again since Summer Sessions, so I'm salivating over this one.

Edited by Mascodagama - February 13 2017 at 02:36
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2017 at 07:18
I am looking forward to this one. Sounds really interesting - especially the chosen covers tickle my fancy.
It's also pretty cool to have my friend Nicklas adding some guitar to the proceedings. He is an understated player with such a cool feel.
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2017 at 13:13
I'm in!
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
Mascodagama View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2017 at 16:13
The postman brought this today and I am soaking it up right now.

I must admit I went straight to Volume 3 and, as I'd hoped, their reversioning of A Love Supreme with Riedenlow and Sorenson added to the band is damn awesome Cool

Edited by Mascodagama - March 13 2017 at 16:14
 Post Reply Post Reply