Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - alan parsons (tales of mystery and imagination)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

alan parsons (tales of mystery and imagination)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grantman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: alan parsons (tales of mystery and imagination)
    Posted: February 14 2017 at 08:45
This is a total masterpiece of prog/rock ,every song very good the musicianship far beyond any expectations,the tracks THE RAVEN is electronic sounding ,THE TELL TALE HEART which features arthur brown is excellent two absolutely standouts are THE CASK OF AMONTILLADO and THE FALL OF THE HOUSE OF USHER also the narration from orson wells is just icing on the cake, a definite to me a 10/10  Clap

Edited by grantman - February 14 2017 at 08:47
omphaloskepsis View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote omphaloskepsis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2017 at 10:18
One of those 8 tracks I purchased the day it debuted.  It's become an October tradition in my home. 
Rednight View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rednight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2017 at 13:31
The Wells narration from the '80's version of Tales' was an add on that ruined the original beginning for me. Also, I recall reading somewhere where Eddie Van Maalox was called in to play a solo over the original track of The Raven. Also ruinous, I'm afraid.

Edited by Rednight - February 14 2017 at 13:32
"It just has none of the qualities of your work that I find interesting. Abandon (?) it." - Eno
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dellinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2017 at 20:51
I really love this album too, my favourite from Alan Parsons. I ended up with the "upgraded" version when I bought the CD... those extra guitars on "The Raven" took some time to get used to, but now I just take them for granted.
Dopeydoc View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dopeydoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2017 at 14:48
I bought this LP in 1976. I liked to blind date friends with The fall of the house of Usher Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic