Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
8 [72.73%]
3 [27.27%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tina Turner vd Bonnie Tylor
    Posted: February 17 2017 at 14:50
Two amazing powers of voice whos the strongest
Tillerman88 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tillerman88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2017 at 16:05
Man........... you just picked two awesome singers, pretty tough task to choose one... , both are still capable of gathering audiences in amazement at their own uniquely strong identity and style......... 😃

This time I'll go with the woman who's gotten the most beautiful 'Bette Davis' eyes I've ever seen.......

Her performance of this Creedence's memorable hit is a must!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sH8oSVs_spg

Edited by Tillerman88 - February 17 2017 at 16:31
doompaul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doompaul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2017 at 16:17
the Divine Ms Turner. Hands down.
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2017 at 18:11
Tina Turner is what I think the closest we got to Janis Joplin, in terms of defining the strong voice of rock n role.
Tina Turners stage pressance is one of a kind.
Magnum Vaeltaja View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnum Vaeltaja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 17 2017 at 20:16
Both fantastic singers, but I voted Bonnie just because I love Holding Out For A Hero so much. LOL
when i was a kid a doller was worth ten dollers - now a doller couldnt even buy you fifty cents
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin and Amateur Layabout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2017 at 01:11
"Turn around bright eyes..."
What?
Blacksword View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blacksword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2017 at 05:52
Sorry don't like either, but I prefer Tina Turner even if just for Nutbush...and her role in Tommy.

Not sure what the point of Bonnie Tyler is. What does a Bonnie Tyler fan look like? Are they the type who listens to Meat Loaf or Barbara Dixon? I think my friend's dad played keyboards for her back in the 70's when she was still playing working mans clubs in Wales.
Ultimately bored by endless ecstasy!
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2017 at 05:56
I like the Tina flick with Laurence Fishburn as Ike Turner...that's about it. Bonnie Tyler sounds like a poor man's Joe Cocker twin *making out with the ashtray*.
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2017 at 08:58
Originally posted by Blacksword Blacksword wrote:

Sorry don't like either, but I prefer Tina Turner even if just for Nutbush...and her role in Tommy.

Not sure what the point of Bonnie Tyler is. What does a Bonnie Tyler fan look like? Are they the type who listens to Meat Loaf or Barbara Dixon? I think my friend's dad played keyboards for her back in the 70's when she was still playing working mans clubs in Wales.

John Young of Lifesigns has played with Bonnie Tyler (in the keyboard sense).
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2017 at 19:50
Originally posted by Guldbamsen Guldbamsen wrote:

Bonnie Tyler sounds like a poor man's Joe Cocker twin *making out with the ashtray*.

LOL oh that is priceless man

Tina all day.. and night long. 
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2017 at 20:54
Tina Turner
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icarium Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 11 2018 at 13:54
Private Dancer is a really strong song, written by Dire Straits for Love Over Gold. featues Dire Straits rythem section - Mark Knophler, but added guitar maestro Jeff Beck. Clocks i 7:30 min and Mel Collins on sax

Edited by Icarium - June 11 2018 at 14:00
 Post Reply Post Reply