Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Roger Waters New Album May 2017

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2017 at 18:44
June of which year?
and those with no homes to go to, please dig yourself holes
Nogbad_The_Bad View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2017 at 19:11
I'll need to hear samples before I commit, though I am going to see his show in the fall.
Ian

Anyone who thinks Kansas is Prog get out of the room - Adolf Hitler

Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2017 at 23:55
I have to say that the 'teaser' snippet sounded a bit weak (especially the drum sound, if it's even real drums ??). What happened to the dude who created Several Species and played righteous bass in Pompeii ??
AZF View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AZF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2017 at 02:38
Pink Floyd Tribute Band Member:
This gigs going well! Wait a minute! Roger Waters has just got up from he audience and started singing!

Another Pink Floyd Tribute Band Member:
Just do as he says! He could murder us all!

https://youtu.be/PEh7Ip4yvH8

"Smell The Roses" sounds corny for the first few minutes, but then from 2.20 something happens that if spread across the whole album, would make it the best thing Roger has ever done!
And June 2017!
Sean Trane View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2017 at 02:49
Why not embed the YT right away??

It avoids us to have to go to the Evil-Google owned YT pages

This is rather very promising too. StarClap

Edited by Sean Trane - April 21 2017 at 03:03
someone_else View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote someone_else Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2017 at 03:04
Well, the last three minutes are really a nice listen Approve.
Robert, not Robot
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2017 at 03:59
Anyone tried the slowed down version of Several Species.........??   Some of the evilest, trippiest freaky sounds ever committed to tape - by a f.ucking GENIUS.
octopus-4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote octopus-4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2017 at 04:01
Slowed down how? Not having a 16rpm turntable...

Try the Hare Krshna LPs at 78RPM instead, they rock!! I have one in which Claudio Rocchi was playing the sitar.
Curiosity killed a cat, Schroedinger only half.
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2017 at 04:22
^ Check YouTube (I'm so lame, I can't link anything...)
Someone (there's actually 2) slowed down Several Species. It sounds beyond evil !!
Actually, hats off to Roger for multi-tracking all manner of vocalising and random sounds he'd made and blended up to form the piece. It is a very 'difficult' listen, always has been, always will be, but an incredible amount of effort and creativity went in to the piece. A masterpiece of Avant-Garde if there ever was one.
But this new song from him seems like a totally 'different' Rog to the guy I've held in high esteem for a lifetime...Sorry
Having said that - I flipped when I heard It's A Miracle back in '92. I thought he nailed it (whatever 'it' is) with that one.

Edited by Tom Ozric - April 21 2017 at 04:28
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2017 at 10:00
Smell The Roses smells like crap to me........doesn't have me hangin' for the album at all.......
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2017 at 13:02
Nice.
and those with no homes to go to, please dig yourself holes
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic