Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Aussie-Byrd-Brother View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Magenta (UK): New album - 'We Are Legend'
    Posted: March 23 2017 at 22:35
Anybody else grab the recent DVD (I know you did, Richard!)? While the conert is pretty great (Chris Fry is a seriously underrated guitarist), the packaging leaves a lot to be desired. A flimsy cardboad sleeve with two slips to slide the discs into (sure enough, mine were scuffed), a bland front cover and a crappy sparse menu. The CD only contains some of the tracks too, why bother?!

Richard, I have at least one of Christina's solo albums, I can't recall the title, but it kind of had a green cover if that helps? ). I too remember it being better a bit more fresh than the last Magenta album, although I do wish she'd work with someone else other than Robert Reed to really step out of her comfort zone.
Clepsydra View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2017 at 15:27
Auto-Buy!Wink
Lambsie View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2017 at 05:47

Magenta Release We Are Legend on April 20th

View the trailer at:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzEXkNBJOK8

Pre-order at www.magenta-web.com

Tigermoth Records and Nineteen-73 artist promotions are pleased to announce that the long overdue new Magenta album ‘We Are Legend’ will be released on April 20th 2017.

The album features 3 tracks, opening with the epic ‘Trojan’ which runs in at 26 minutes with ‘Colours’ and ‘Legend’ being the remaining songs. The CD will be accompanied by a DVD containing the whole album in 5.1 surround sound plus interview and performance videos.

Rob Reed says:
“I always think that modern albums are too long. I love the format of the classic prog albums of the 70’s which were around 40-50 minutes, side one having a long epic and side 2 two containing two shorter tracks. Yes made ‘Relayer’ and ‘Close to the Edge’ in that format.”

‘We Are Legend’ can be pre-ordered from www.magenta-web.com

The band will be performing much of the new album at the upcoming gigs.

Cardiff -The Globe March 31
CRS Wath -Montgomery Hall April 1
Bilston -The Robin 2 April 2
London -Boston Music Room April 8
Southampton -Talking Heads April 9
St.Helens -The Citadel May 13

Magenta are available for features and interviews. Reviewers and radio stations - please contact Stephen Lambe at Nineteen-73 Artist Promotions via [email protected] for further details.  
johnobvious View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2017 at 18:48
Auto buy. Just listened to Chameleon after having it sit on a shelf for a few years because I thought it was not up to their super high standards of everything before that but found I liked it a lot more than I thought.  27 Club took some growing but I do need to revisit since there is a lot to digest. I am an admitted fan boy and would probably give everything up through Metamorphosis 5 stars just to put my cards on the table. Can not wait for this one. Hoping Christina has come through her issues and again shows the world that she is one of the best.

Edited by johnobvious - March 16 2017 at 19:09
Biggles was in rehab last Saturday
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2017 at 01:27
The DVD is very enjoyable , good selection of their music. Christina looks a bit different with the short cropped hair but still has that wonderful soaring voice.
Both her solo albums are well worth checking out. I actually prefer those to the recent Magenta even if they are not especially 'proggy'.
Aussie-Byrd-Brother View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2017 at 08:42
I kind of feel the same, Richard....man, I don't know what it is, but no matter how many times I try, I can never make it past the half-way point of `27 Club' without getting extremely bored and switching it off. It's just kind of a `more of the same' Magenta album, without being bad as such. `Metamorphosis' at least had a lot more drama and the heavier elements to make it stand out more.

I've got their recent DVD (why no Bluray?! ) on the way, though, so looking forward to checking that out!
richardh View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2017 at 08:13
Nothing has particularly grabbed me since Metamorphosis ( their last 4 star album before they settled into 3 star mediocrity) but this does look interesting especially a 26 minute epic!

Edited by richardh - March 07 2017 at 08:13
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2017 at 06:42
Great news indeed! - Magenta announce that their first album since 2013’s 'The 27 Club' will be titled 'We Are Legend' - and will be out in April.

"It’s the band’s first studio album since 2013’s The 27 Club, with keyboardist and founding member Rob Reed checking in to say that fans could be in for a bit of a surprise when they hear the new material.

He tells Prog: “It was time to try something different, musically and lyrically. I’ve always kept to a relatively small musical pallet with the earlier albums, but I felt that we had reached a crossroads and wanted to try something new.

“Magenta have gone through a lot since the last album, especially lead vocalist Christina Booth, so I think we feel we have something to prove with this album. So be prepared.”

We Are Legend will feature three songs – two 11-minute tracks and a 26-minute epic, with further details to be released in due course.

Over the weekend, singer Booth was honoured with the Best Female Vocalist accolade at the CRS Awards."

Magenta, who last year issued a live DVD titled Chaos From The Stage, will embark on a run of UK dates later this month. 

Magenta UK tour 2017

Mar 31: Cardiff Globe
Apr 01: Wath Montgomery Hall
Apr 02: Bilston Robin
Apr 08: London Boston Music Rooms
Apr 09: Southampton Talking Heads
May 13: St Helens Citadel

Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply