Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedCoheed and Cambria

Post Reply Post Reply
Poll Question: Is their 3rd album their best?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
4 [80.00%]
1 [20.00%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Coheed and Cambria
    Posted: March 13 2017 at 04:37
Good Apollo I'm Burning Star IV Volume One: From Fear Through The Eyes of Madness is Coheed and Cambria's 3rd album. The album was published in 2005. It remains, in my opinion and in many others' opinions, their best and most notable album.

A graphic novel was published in parallel to the album by Claudio Sanchez. The novel now has very few copies left, and is being remade and reissued. The original sells for $199 on Amazon, though met with some very drastic criticism. His novels are something I look forward to trying in the future.

Coheed and Cambria have been mainly classified as both Progressive Rock and Emo, two genres which in most cases aren't grouped together. They're part of the New Prog scene, also involving bands such as System of a Down, Dillinger Escape Plan, Lightning Bolt, and the Mars Volta. 

Note: I have not yet actually listened to Dillinger Escape Plan or Lightning Bolt yet, nor do I know anything about the bands. I do not understand what System of a Down has to do with any form of prog, but I don't see any point in questioning the Wikipedia.

Anyways, tell me what you think! I've been listening to this album a lot lately!

Is Good Apollo I'm Burning Star IV Volume One: From Fear Through The Eyes of Madness Coheed and Cambria's best album?

miamiscot View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2017 at 14:04
Clearly their best but the next two are stellar as well. (Good Apollo Volume 2 and Year Of The Black Rainbow.)

And do yourself a favor and check Dillinger Escape Plan out. Rad.

Lightning Bolt? Not a fan...

Pastmaster View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2017 at 16:41
Originally posted by miamiscot miamiscot wrote:

Clearly their best but the next two are stellar as well. (Good Apollo Volume 2 and Year Of The Black Rainbow.)

Pretty much agree with this.
 Post Reply Post Reply