Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Welcome newbies!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedHello from Ithaca, NY

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hello from Ithaca, NY
    Posted: March 14 2017 at 18:42
Hi all,

I just stumbled upon this place and thought I'd register and say hello. What to say about proggish interests... I've been a huge Mike Oldfield since Incantations (heh...had to backtrack to Tubular Bells), though I'm (shhh) not as taken with his latest endeavor. I've gone down a Nordic path in recent years...to Pain of Salvation, Opeth, Gazpacho, Katatonia, Nightwish, etc. When I saw PoS in Buffalo, I was leaning on the stage for the encore ("The Passing Light of Day" from In the Passing Light of Day)--one of my top three concert experiences ever! I also like Steven Wilson/PPT, Blackfield, Mute Gods, Steve Hackett, old Genesis, Rush, Edison's Children, IQ, Dream Theater and all the usual suspects.  I dabble in bass and have a Taylor acoustic that I don't deserve to have. Nick Beggs is my favorite bassist--even beyond Tony and Geddy. Besides, he often plays in a kilt! Hmm....what else to say? Oh yeah--I like to dance to all of this stuff--when I was younger I choreographed the entire Incantations. Shocked  

Tapfret View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2017 at 19:10
Welcome...and best of wishes digging out. ❄️
Replayer View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2017 at 22:01
Welcome, Inkanta(tions)! I've been meaning to explore more Scandinavian prog myself. So far I've only listened to Änglagård's Hybris and Paatos' Timeloss, but I've enjoyed both and look forward to further exploring Ultima Thule.
 Post Reply Post Reply