Topic ClosedMagick/Occultism/Esotericism

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Magick/Occultism/Esotericism
    Posted: March 23 2017 at 19:09
Any of PA into this stuff? I've been occasionally doing the Star Ruby as an experiment recently even though I don't really know how to visualize the divine principles from the Second Order of the emanationist hierarchy of late Neoplatonism and I think my quality of life has improved slightly. For example last night I had a semi-lucid dream where I lived with a cute dark-haired Romanian schizophrenic (female) who respected me as a person and loved me in an erotic way. Shocked
Thatfabulousalien View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2017 at 21:54
I'm interested in Crowley/Thelema and a few mystic philosophers but not in a religious way, no
Classical music isn't dead, it's more alive than it's ever been. It's just not on MTV.

https://www.soundcloud.com/user-322914325
CosmicVibration View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2017 at 09:28

I never heard of Emanationism… However, after some brief digging it seems to be pointing in the right direction.  From wiki:

“Emanationism is a cosmological theory which asserts that all things "flow" from an underlying principle or reality, usually called the Absolute or Godhead.”

I would suggest that any practice that you may want to try be sure it’s rooted on love; listen to the heart, not the brain.  This does not mean to mindlessly fall for anything. On the contrary, use your intellect to its fullest and guide it by your heart.

I would also advocate when asking for help or guidance from the other side make sure you're summoning only upon the masters.  You don’t want send an invitation out to just any tramp soul.  Just like there are many con artists and low life sociopaths here on the material plane, there are also many disillusioned low energy beings on the astral plane.

Edited by CosmicVibration - March 24 2017 at 09:30
Mascodagama View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2017 at 12:25
Originally posted by CosmicVibration CosmicVibration wrote:

I would also advocate when asking for help or guidance from the other side make sure you're summoning only upon the masters.  You don’t want send an invitation out to just any tramp soul.  Just like there are many con artists and low life sociopaths here on the material plane, there are also many disillusioned low energy beings on the astral plane.

I say to you againe, doe not call up Any that you cannot put downe; by the Which I mean, Any that can in Turne call up somewhat against you, whereby your Powerfullest Devices may not be of use. Ask of the Lesser, lest the Greater shall not wish to answer, and shall commande more than you.

CosmicVibration View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2017 at 13:43
Originally posted by Mascodagama Mascodagama wrote:

Originally posted by CosmicVibration CosmicVibration wrote:

I say to you againe, doe not call up Any that you cannot put downe; by the Which I mean, Any that can in Turne call up somewhat against you, whereby your Powerfullest Devices may not be of use. Ask of the Lesser, lest the Greater shall not wish to answer, and shall commande more than you.

Not sure what you mean here.. Did you craft this or is it taken from some other writer?  Seems like it may be taken out of context from something else.

In any case, by masters I’m referring to self-realized masters that transcended delusion.  Mastery of self as well as mastery of nature; masters of reality.  Such as Jesus the Christ, any of the Buddha’s and many of the saints of all faiths.

doompaul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2017 at 15:07
I enjoy reading about chaos magick but I don't put much stock in it.
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2017 at 16:15
well this philosophy works neatly alongside the threesome of Rudolf Steiner, Carl Jung and Alistor Crowley.
presdoug View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2017 at 19:00
Crowley was a lowlife, end of story on that one; I steer clear of magic and the occult. The occult is a path that some take that later regret taking, I guess the road to hell is paved with good intention.
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2017 at 19:40
hmmmmm

don't much about Magick... sounds like some per-pubecent thing you tend to grow out of... like Rush...

don't know much about Occultism.. sounds like some thing the overly intellectual but ultimately losers all the same get into... like Genesis

Esoterism... WTF is that...  sounds like.. oh I don't know... pick any band from the RIO/Avant setion of PA's

I may not know anything about those.. but one I do know and love... Satanic women HeartLOL

The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
PSIKE, JRF/Canterbury, P Metal, Eclectic

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2017 at 21:29
I loved Samantha on Bewitched. That nose twitching thing is so hot

Edited by siLLy puPPy - March 24 2017 at 21:30

https://rateyourmusic.com/~siLLy_puPPy
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2017 at 21:36
having spent 10 years married to a witch myself.....  she could have used the sexy nose twitch... would have been much more sexy than having pinpoint accuracy in throwing pots and pans...
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2017 at 21:39
Are satanist goths generally very good in bed?
Classical music isn't dead, it's more alive than it's ever been. It's just not on MTV.

micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2017 at 21:44
*spits beer on screen*

I have to plead the 5th on that question... LOL
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2017 at 03:19
Originally posted by presdoug presdoug wrote:

Crowley was a lowlife, end of story on that one; I steer clear of magic and the occult. The occult is a path that some take that later regret taking, I guess the road to hell is paved with good intention.

I love Crowley, he was a really interesting man and a truly extraordinary writer/novelist/poet. The occult is still too stigmatized in pop culture fantasy witchcraft bull sh*t for the average person to understand at all what it is getting at, which is often far more positive than Christianity or regular Buddhism. 

There are though, many/most branches of the occult that make me laugh my ass off. There is a point where fantasy role-playing goes too far LOL

Edited by Thatfabulousalien - March 25 2017 at 03:19

Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin and Amateur Layabout

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2017 at 04:07
I really couldn't give a crap what it's called, having imaginary friends is something I regard with an extremely high degree of scepticism. All branches of the occult would make me laugh if they were harmless, but even the most benign are not without harm. And by that I see all religions and spiritual beliefs as "occult" in the modern definition of the word.  Religion merely puts the cult into occult and that is where the real danger lies because everything that anyone calls "spiritual" manifests itself within the mind of the believer and nowhere else and the human mind is a fragile thing that is easily mislead. 

What?
Blacksword View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2017 at 06:46
When I was about 14 I would hang out in grave yards dressed in black, then write poetry about it afterwards. I was a t**t. Does that count?
Ultimately bored by endless ecstasy!
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2017 at 06:47
..oh, and me and a freind did hold a couple of seances, trying to contact Bon Scott. Never made contact though. He was sooo rude..
CPicard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2017 at 09:29
This thread having been created by the well-known Vompatti, I'm not sure it's intended for a serious discussion.
But I could be wrong.

Anyway, I've always suspected everything esoteric/occultist as a vast "swindle", for I think most of esoterical doctrines are built on a mash-up of older religions/cults (especially the mysteries of Ancient cults such as the cults of Mithra, Dionysos, etc...), with some more personal (and weird) ideas from the creators of these doctrines.
Reading some articles on Steiner, Blatvatsky and Crowley (not to talk about Julius Evola!) just fuel my skepticism about their theories.

On the other hand, I may have a small interest on Jewish occultism, such as the Zohar or the Kabbalah (QBL), but I'm too much atheist (and I'm goy) to really having the desire to study these matters.
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2017 at 09:35
Originally posted by Blacksword Blacksword wrote:

..oh, and me and a freind did hold a couple of seances, trying to contact Bon Scott. Never made contact though. He was sooo rude..

hah... poseurs..seances... that is why. Bon was nothing but complete hellion when he contacted me after a night of some magic mushrooms, and bottle of Cuervo Gold. In fact he was the one who told me that red dresses didn't match my skin tone and recommended I do black dresses. Best advice I think I ever got... thanks Bon! Beer
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2017 at 10:28
Originally posted by micky micky wrote:

Originally posted by Blacksword Blacksword wrote:

hah... poseurs..seances... that is why. Bon was nothing but complete hellion when he contacted me after a night of some magic mushrooms, and bottle of Cuervo Gold. In fact he was the one who told me that red dresses didn't match my skin tone and recommended I do black dresses. Best advice I think I ever got... thanks Bon! Beer

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>