Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Help us improve the site
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I'm not a sodding Robot, alright?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin and Amateur Layabout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I'm not a sodding Robot, alright?
    Posted: March 26 2017 at 05:12
Really, I'm not.

The new Completely Automated Public Turing test to tell Computers and Humans Apart is currently sodding annoying, much more of this and I'll elevate it to pissing annoying and then finally fu*king annoying.

Edited by Dean - March 26 2017 at 05:13
What?
TeleStrat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeleStrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2017 at 05:25
Every time I post I have to identify images containing street signs, trees or storefronts.
How long is this going to go on? 
Vompatti View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vompatti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2017 at 06:14
By completing the captchas we are helping Alphabet, Inc, train their neural networks. This new feature is actually a great way for us all to contribute to the common good and thus a valuable addition to the site. Smile

Attention Required!

One more step
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2017 at 06:16
one thing it has done... its improved my awareness...

of f**kING STREET SIGNS hahah

yeah... lost 4 posts to a single topic yesterday likely because I didn't consider the post... a part of the sign.
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Tuzvihar View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuzvihar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2017 at 06:16
So, I'm not the only one getting this? I was afraid something wrong had happened on my end. Phew!

EDIT: now it happens only when I want to post a picture (album cover e.g.).

Edited by Tuzvihar - March 26 2017 at 07:25
"Music is much like f**king, but some composers can't climax and others climax too often, leaving themselves and the listener jaded and spent."

Charles Bukowski
CPicard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CPicard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2017 at 07:01
I've experienced that since yesterday, but I thought it was only poppping when I was writing posts for a long time.
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2017 at 07:04
hit and miss today... so beware.. save or back up long posts

and nothing to do with pictures or not
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2017 at 07:49
Originally posted by Vompatti Vompatti wrote:

By completing the captchas we are helping Alphabet, Inc, train their neural networks. This new feature is actually a great way for us all to contribute to the common good and thus a valuable addition to the site. Smile

Attention Required!

One more step
Of course, you're right, I shouldn't have been so hasty in my condemnation of such a wonderful service the ABC warriors at Google are helping us provide: "Every time our CAPTCHAs are solved, that human effort helps digitize text, annotate images, and build machine learning datasets. This in turn helps preserve books, improve maps, and solve hard AI problems". Hopefully they'll soon have enough digitised images of street signs to preserve the Panini Sticker Book of Assorted Traffic Furniture for future generations to marvel at in wonder, thanks to the valiant efforts of Micky and the rest of us.

Now, irony and sarcasm aside, sure I defended Max's use of Goolge Ads and their associated trackers because I can understand the necessity of having to fund this site somehow, but that are transparent and invisible unlike CAPTCHA's which neither bring revenue here nor do they actually deter spammers. 
What?
zravkapt View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zravkapt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2017 at 08:17
I for one except the rule of our robot overlords....

I just tried to post a review and got that. A week ago I had trouble adding an artist. Glad it's not just me but this site is getting a little wonky lately.
Magma America Great Make Again
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2017 at 08:26
And what if I am a robot? it's a prog rock site for Christ's sake. Not the CIA's or MI5's.
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
CPicard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CPicard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2017 at 08:35
Because you believe the CIA's website to have such a sophisticated security system? Bwahaha!
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2017 at 08:35
Quite.
What?
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2017 at 08:43
a cyber Harriet Tubman to anyone who found any of those damn stop signs... they have always tripped me up... then again.. they can be notoriously easy to miss LOL
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2017 at 08:43
got the trees at least.. .to make that last post..
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2017 at 09:02
Originally posted by micky micky wrote:

got the trees at least.. .to make that last post..

Man, only you could put a smile on my face about this boring nuisance/discussion HugHeart

(I wasn't so lucky and got the damned signs)

Edited by Quinino - March 26 2017 at 09:04
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2017 at 09:05
now I"m pissed......
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2017 at 09:07
A sign of the times.
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2017 at 09:40
now I have visions of Sheena Easton in my mind.. thanks Scott...
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2017 at 09:49
Originally posted by CPicard CPicard wrote:

Because you believe the CIA's website to have such a sophisticated security system? Bwahaha!
Not in the least. Only that the CIA and MI5's are more important than then some half assed prog site.

Edited by SteveG - March 27 2017 at 04:05
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
Vompatti View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vompatti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2017 at 09:51
I admit I rarely venture outside the Just for Fun section, but isn't the spam problem on this site pretty minimal?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>