Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Help us improve the site
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I'm not a sodding Robot, alright?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2017 at 04:11
Originally posted by Dean Dean wrote:

Originally posted by Sean Trane Sean Trane wrote:

Originally posted by Logan Logan wrote:

I don't need to bother saving before trying to post when using Chrome since I can just hit the back button to get back to the post reply page, which still has everything I typed, and try again.

I've only been hit twice with Captcha, so it hasn't been any real hassle to me.

I get it now, this is Google ploy to force us inti using Chrome... AngryOuchDeadTongueWink

f**k GC >> and f**k Censored google alltogether...PigNuke

As soon as Daily Motion will be as filled with music as YT, I won't use any of their sh*t/crap/stuff anymore...

I use chrome - the back button doesn't recover lost data for me.

I was mostly kidding - I use Bing (microsoft) at home, BTW. (and IE at work)
Because I'd be surprised that there would be a browser that would (be able to) propose this feature... and I'd hate to be spied down to details like retaining every letter pushed on my KB by my browser. Dead

But my point was that 15 years ago, most of us welcomed Google as a precious alternative to the then-evil-µsoft... But nowadays, Google has become soo ogre-like that a lot of us are running back to µs to protect us against the new evil - especially that Gates has become more altruist than in the previous decades.
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yam yam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2017 at 08:27
Originally posted by Dean Dean wrote:

Originally posted by Logan Logan wrote:

I don't need to bother saving before trying to post when using Chrome since I can just hit the back button to get back to the post reply page, which still has everything I typed, and try again.

I've only been hit twice with Captcha, so it hasn't been any real hassle to me.

I use chrome - the back button doesn't recover lost data for me.

Nor for me...
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2017 at 12:40
Probably something to do with my particular settings (think I set high cache limits and I do regularly clear my cache). There have been some add-ons that could help save such data such as Textarea Cache, but I am not recommending it.

Most of the time I visit this site with Safari, by the way (on my Macbook and other devices).

Edited by Logan - April 25 2017 at 12:44
Just a fanboy passin' through.
Ivan_Melgar_M View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ivan_Melgar_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2017 at 13:05
OK I'm now officially poissed

Just wrote a review about JORSJO (Jord), posted it and thge ronot appeared, marked the damn slot and it froze (Has happened before), lost the review.

Fortunately I use word so i had a copy.

But today found that the system didn't read the scandinavian characters, and it was a mess.

Corrected it and again the damn robot test.

Had to correct it 5 times, because the robot kept freezing and sent me back to the main page.

Then it said I can't modify another person's review.

I won't wrote another review until this is foxed.

We will loose the few supporters we have thanks to this crap.

Iván

someone_else View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote someone_else Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2018 at 06:02
My sincere condoleances to all posting members of this forum on the first anniversary of being saddled with this most annoying feature.

Edit: There we went again!

Progkast View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Progkast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2018 at 13:39
This entire bs process of sorting us out vs spammers and robots is f-ing ridiculous. Every time I post something I have to go through this, get denied, go through it again. I get the sh right! and it serves me up a red paragraph of how I am denied and only "certified users" can do this. It is BEYOND annoying at this point. It even does this when I send private messages to people. PLEASE get rid of this sh! It is NOT working!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Evolver View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover & JR/F/Canterbury Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Evolver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2018 at 14:38
It does appear to be getting worse these days.
Trust me. I know what I'm doing.
BaldJean View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaldJean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2018 at 17:03
Originally posted by Evolver Evolver wrote:

It does appear to be getting worse these days.

it is indeed getting worse. sometimes I have to post 4 or 5 times before my message is finally accepted

Edited by BaldJean - July 05 2018 at 17:04

A shot of me as High Priestess of Gaia during our fall festival. Ceterum censeo principiis obsta
Rivertree View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Band Submissions

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rivertree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2018 at 11:41
this site is in such a bad condition, can't edit my reviews anymore ...

Edited by Rivertree - July 07 2018 at 11:42

Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2018 at 11:57
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2018 at 16:40
So...who is the site owner admin and why doesn't he end this nightmare...?
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dark Elf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2018 at 16:51
Originally posted by dr wu23 dr wu23 wrote:

He probably figures if we're stupid enough to talk ad nauseam about prog for 10 years, then obviously adding Captcha really is no impediment to adding another Yes or Genesis poll.
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
Rivertree View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Band Submissions

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rivertree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2018 at 04:14
Originally posted by Rivertree Rivertree wrote:

this site is in such a bad condition, can't edit my reviews anymore ...

after some hours it worked again ...

Jeffro View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeffro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2018 at 05:45

I'm getting flashbacks to a site I was on about 12 years ago. The site admin was essentially an absentee landlord who had no idea what was going on, on his own site 
someone_else View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote someone_else Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2018 at 07:16
I have kept a low profile for the last 9 days or so, but I see that the CrAPTCHA sequence has entered its next stage. Before then, the quality of the images varied from mediocre to rather poor, but now some images are so badly blurred that I have to add some random clicks and hope for the best.

Originally posted by Jeffro Jeffro wrote:

I'm getting flashbacks to a site I was on about 12 years ago. The site admin was essentially an absentee landlord who had no idea what was going on, on his own site 

This may be the case with forum member #1 as well. If not, then things are worse than I can imagine. Anyway, I hope that someone will be able to intervene to rid the site of this horrific feature.

Ctrl-A, Ctrl-C...

Edited by someone_else - July 10 2018 at 07:19
David64T View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David64T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2018 at 17:42
Oddly enough I haven't seen the street signs (etc) for a very long time - instead, after clicking on the checkbox to testify that I am not a robot, I see the screen with the red text saying that only an authorised user can do that.

I am only an ioccasional poster at best of times, but have learnt to backup whatvever I type in (like this post) as almost no post seems to work first time. Seems to be worse if I have taken several minutes to type up a post (which of course makes it the more infuriating if for some reaon I haven't copy what I typed). Am usually using Firefox, Win10.

Seasons Of Change - weekly programme on community radio: http://seasonsofchangeradio.blogspot.com.au/
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567