Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Help us improve the site
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I'm not a sodding Robot, alright?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2017 at 16:18
I give up.....  it isn't worth it.  3 times.. and I KNOW WHAT A f**kING MOUNTIAN looks like

3 posts in a row rejected... I'm out....
Finnforest View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2017 at 16:45
Ouch

So you guys have to do a Captcha just to post in a thread?   I didn't have to.  Is it just random and occasional?

Edited by Finnforest - March 28 2017 at 16:46

siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
PSIKE, JRF/Canterbury, P Metal, Eclectic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2017 at 16:57
Maybe they're just trying to weed some of us out. I've been having issues with this site for quite some time. Sometimes it takes like 20 times of refreshing before i can post in the forums but i've perservered and still here. Life in the promised land of the internet. Ain't it grand?

https://rateyourmusic.com/~siLLy_puPPy
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yam yam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2017 at 17:08
Originally posted by micky micky wrote:

3 posts in a row rejected... I'm out....

Lol! Seven attempts last night before I got a new suggestion accepted without the 'Access Denied' error wiping it out (I did save it though before my first attempt). And if that wasn't bad enough, I'd forgotten to include the progfreak link. Must have been close on 20 attempts before the edit finally went through. The site is completely broken for me at the moment...and I've tried wiping cookies, clearing the cache, restarting the browser, logging out and back in again - all to no avail. Its just down to pot luck whether or not I'm able to post anything at the moment. Unhappy

Edit:  But this one went thorough first time after solving the captcha! Hallelujah! Big smile

Edit 2: But not the edit...it was rejected after a series of about 10 captchas. Ouch

Edited by yam yam - March 28 2017 at 17:15
Thatfabulousalien View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thatfabulousalien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2017 at 17:34
Hi Captichacha, I'm a robot and I've sold Progarchives to google, I also infected your computer Clap
Classical music isn't dead, it's more alive than it's ever been. It's just not on MTV.

https://www.soundcloud.com/user-322914325
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thatfabulousalien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2017 at 17:35
"Please select all pictures of a dog sh*tting on it's own balls"

"Access denied, you will now be deported to Trumptowers"
Classical music isn't dead, it's more alive than it's ever been. It's just not on MTV.

Nogbad_The_Bad View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Eclectic Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2017 at 17:43
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2017 at 19:16
Originally posted by micky micky wrote:

it wouldn't be so bad... if not for the f**king street signs.... 

I'd swear that last green freeway sign is the Grassy Knoll in Dallas.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2017 at 01:32
Originally posted by Finnforest Finnforest wrote:

Ouch

So you guys have to do a Captcha just to post in a thread?   I didn't have to.  Is it just random and occasional?

It's just like your signature says. That's what will happen here soon, very soon!!
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin and Amateur Layabout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2017 at 03:20
Captcha? Sodding goat-sucking Chupacabras more like.

What can I do to prevent this in the future?

If you are on a personal connection, like at home, you can run an anti-virus scan on your device to make sure it is not infected with malware.

Piss off.
What?
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2017 at 03:58
No, I'm not a Robot, but I have been mistaken for Madame Bovary.  

Edited by SteveG - March 29 2017 at 06:56
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
AEProgman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AEProgman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2017 at 06:59
Only sodding I was familiar with was in yard work, had to look up the proper english slang meaning...appropriate choice LOL

Image result for funny captcha
Image result for funny captcha

Edited by AEProgman - March 29 2017 at 07:03
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2017 at 08:16

Ouch

there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason as far as I can tell.
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2017 at 08:35
Geez...LOL  It really does sound like it is time for the dark lords of the PA underbelly to sit Max down in a windowless room, with coffee and cigarettes aplenty, and have that long heart to heart talk. 

Windhawk View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Windhawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2017 at 08:57

Geez...LOL  It really does sound like it is time for the dark lords of the PA underbelly to sit Max down in a windowless room, with coffee and cigarettes aplenty, and have that long heart to heart talk. 

From the sound of some posts of this thread, cigarettes and coffee may well be replaced with baseball bat and knee caps *chuckles*

It is a bloody annoying feature though.
Websites I work with:

http://www.progressor.net
http://www.houseofprog.com

My profile on Mixcloud:
https://www.mixcloud.com/haukevind/
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2017 at 09:19
Well that's the next step OlavLOL

But seriously, what is the effing plan around here?  Is the site ever going to be fixed up to standards, or, is it going to just be allowed to decline into a site that barely function technically?  It really is past time that this is addressed.  People have and continue to put a lot of their time into this site and have to be asking, is the site's performance ever going to be up to snuff?

Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2017 at 14:11
^ Up to snuff would be a luxury; right now I'd take being able to post without playing tick-tack-toe with a robot-killer.   And now my search function is gone--  completely blown.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
Tuzvihar View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuzvihar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2017 at 15:28
BTW, I just had to confirm I'm not a robot when updating a band via the admin section (it went through smoothly though).

And I begged the God of PA for mercy but I wasn't heard... Cry

Edited by Tuzvihar - March 29 2017 at 15:30
"Music is much like f**king, but some composers can't climax and others climax too often, leaving themselves and the listener jaded and spent."

Charles Bukowski
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catcher10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2017 at 16:48
Damn...got dooshed again!! What is funny is even when I get the PA message, I am still being asked if I want to buy a Dell laptop....the ads don't get dooshed. Stern Smile
I'm done, will head off to another music forum till this gets addressed.

Error
Only members with sufficient permission can access this page.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thatfabulousalien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2017 at 20:26

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>