Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Help us improve the site
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedTest for robot tests

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 111213
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2017 at 07:54
Originally posted by DamoXt7942 DamoXt7942 wrote:

Originally posted by micky micky wrote:

if I might make a suggestion Keishiro...  I saw your thread before you deleted it...  jumping the gun I suppose as Captcha is still alive.

Post something that M@X is indeed working on this...  I think part of the frustration was it seemed no one in management cared or was even trying to fix this. Let people know that M@X is finally working on this...
Yes he's working. And you should delete such a porg pic above posted ... you will be banned. Angry

LOL

haha....  far worse admins who hated my guts have never banned me.. and for FAR WORSE offenses than that.

micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2017 at 07:55
^ and Captcha cha cha cha on that one.. no emoticons.. or pics
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2017 at 09:21
Originally posted by DamoXt7942 DamoXt7942 wrote:

M@X says the complete removal of CAPTCHA cannot be recommended because of some vicious threats online.

Now he's changed CAPTCHA frequency from "high" or "off" to "medium" ... we should keep an eye upon it for a while.

Removal of the CAPTCHA isn't necessary as far as I'm concerned - they do help protect the site from malicious attack - but he does need to do something to eliminate the repeated 'Access Denied' errors that almost always follow on after you've solved the CAPTCHA. It can take me up to 15 minutes to get a post through these days...often between ten and twenty attempts before it succeeds without the 'Access Denied' message being returned - and clearing cookies doesn't seem to make any difference whatsoever (using Chrome browser in the main, but Internet Explorer behaves just the same if I switch over to that). I used to get the very occasional 'Access Denied' error before the software upgrade to Web Wiz 11.01 was carried out back in the winter of 2014/2015, but since then no problems at all...until now! I don't mind the slight delay of clicking on a few squares with gas stations or street signs in them, as long as the post is immediately accepted afterwards, and I can get on with whatever else I'm trying to do.

Edit:^ Success first time, after clicking 'I'm not a robot' - no CAPTCHA! Big smile

Edit #2: But not for the edit - CAPTCHA's galore, and seven 'Access Denied' failures. Ouch

Edited by yam yam - May 07 2017 at 09:28
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2017 at 12:46
get a new f**king Captcha system.. we've all seen them on other sites.  Match the code.. type it... voila.  This system is silly, stupid and ... apprantly done by someone with 3rd grade Com Sci degree...  what fool makes you choose pictures of cars or signs and doesn't put them in a particlar box but overlaps them all.  Bullsh*t man.. completely bullsh*t haha
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2017 at 13:13
As one who has never had a problem with this Captcha thingie, I have kept an eye on this thread.

May I suggest that Micky posts at least ten images of young ladies flashing their bodily parts per day in the interests of ensuring the site is working to the best of its ability?

I'll go to bed now
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2017 at 13:27
Originally posted by micky micky wrote:

get a new f**king Captcha system.. we've all seen them on other sites.  Match the code.. type it... voila.  This system is silly, stupid and ... apprantly done by someone with 3rd grade Com Sci degree...  what fool makes you choose pictures of cars or signs and doesn't put them in a particlar box but overlaps them all.  Bullsh*t man.. completely bullsh*t haha

Web Wiz themselves offer that type of system, which should integrate perfectly you would think, without all these damned errors occurring...but it wouldn't offer the comprehensive protection from the various types of on line threats out there that M@X is getting from Cloudflare. Maybe he could use the two in tandem? The simple Web Wiz 'match-the-code' CAPTCHA system to foil robots here in the forum (and thus turn the Cloudflare image-based one which is giving us all these problems off altogether), whilst still retaining all the other Cloudflare protection tools which exist against the likes of SQL injection (which I believe the site has already been hit by once back in its early days) and distributed denial of service (DDoS).
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2017 at 13:32
Originally posted by lazland lazland wrote:

As one who has never had a problem with this Captcha thingie, I have kept an eye on this thread.

Please share your secret with us Steve! You must have a squeaky-clean IP address...maybe there aren't any spambots in Wales. LOL
Easy Money View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2017 at 06:21
Originally posted by yam yam yam yam wrote:

Please share your secret with us Steve! You must have a squeaky-clean IP address...maybe there aren't any spambots in Wales. LOL

The answer in on page 4 of this thread.
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2017 at 16:16
Originally posted by js (Easy Money) js (Easy Money) wrote:

Originally posted by yam yam yam yam wrote:

The answer in on page 4 of this thread.

Or maybe page 5...?

I've never had a problem. Is it because I post on the iPad?

I don't think it's specifically due to the fact that so many users (both members and guests) are shown in 'active users' as using the old Windows NT 4 O/S, 'cos both Sean Trane and Man With Hat are shown as using that O/S, and both have said in this thread that they have had the captchas. I'm sure it's just down to the data that exists on line for your IP address - after all that's what the Cloudflare support article that I posted a link to on page 9 said: https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us/articles/203366080-Why-do-I-see-a-captcha-or-challenge-page-Attention-Required-trying-to-visit-a-site-protected-by-Cloudflare-as-a-site-visitor- and THEY should know, after all! Embarrassed
Kepler62 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2017 at 16:24
Infuriating. Sometimes I just say f**k it. 
Jeffro View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2017 at 12:14
It's very annoying at times. there has to be a better solution. other sites protect themselves from external threats without resorting to this captcha bullsh*t
We all live in an amber subdomain, amber subdomain, amber subdomain.

My face IS a maserati
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
PSIKE, JRF/Canterbury, P Metal, Eclectic

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2017 at 12:29
^ it's probably because this site is a little dated at this point and needs an upgrade with the security features becoming more integrated into the overall structure. Unfortunately we will probably have to put up with this for a while. If anyone visits MMA and JMA you will notice that those newer sites don't experience these same issues although MMA has certainly had its issues lately. JMA so far is relatively unscathed as far as i can tell

https://rateyourmusic.com/~siLLy_puPPy
Tapfret View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2017 at 13:30
^True enough from a core website perspective, but the majority of the issues are forum based. Unless webwiz uses a reverse numbering for its versions, PA is the most up to date of the 3 forums.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 111213