Poll Question: Are you a musician?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
40 [58.82%]
28 [41.18%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argo2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2017 at 14:31
I do think a lot of musicians like prog for all the nuances and complexities. It takes everything up to the next level and gives the performers the opportunity to truly showcase their talents.

I've been a drummer for over 30 years & most of my favorite players are prog musicians.
However I know many non-musicians that love & appreciate prog rock.
Slartibartfast View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slartibartfast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2017 at 18:42
Originally posted by mechanicalflattery mechanicalflattery wrote:

The only concern here is whether you have a method of separating those who love prog because they're musicians and those who became musicians because they loved prog. I'd bet many of the musicians on this forum were introduced to prog at a younger age (many here attest to having heard their first prog album during childhood) and were then inspired to study music. At what rate would trained musicians, with an ear for composition, come to appreciate prog if they had never heard a single note of the genre before?
This was my experience.  I became a prog fan first.  My Mom took me, my brother, and treated several of his friends to a Kansas concert.  One of them had a beat up acoustic guitar that he gave her for thanks.  It was the first instrument I picked up...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic