Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
20 [33.90%]
21 [35.59%]
18 [30.51%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omphaloskepsis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 hours 50 minutes ago at 18:01
Return to Forever
hieronymous View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hieronymous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 hours 19 minutes ago at 00:32
It might be interesting to see if people who play various instruments prefer this or that band - a bassist might be more likely to like WR or RTF since the MO basslines are relatively "simple" compared to the other groups. How many guitarists love Weather Report? I'm a bassist but outgrew my Jaco stage - Stan the Man will always be huge for me, I even got him to sign one of my basses! - but I also appreciate the virtuosity of the non-bass instruments in Mahavishnu Orchestra. Or I could be totally off...
Triceratopsoil View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Triceratopsoil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 hours 8 minutes ago at 00:43
Of those, Weather Report
beeebon View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beeebon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7 hours 12 minutes ago at 05:39
Mahavishnu Orchestra for me, although I need to hear more by the other two
Rushman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rushman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6 hours 35 minutes ago at 06:16
Speaking of Fusion; I tuned into my local heavy metal station the other day (WSOU, out of Seton Hall University), and I heard this fusion song coming out of my speakers, I thought they changed formats!

Turns out it is a band called Nova Collective, with members of Between The Buried and Me, and Haken. It is quite good:

Edited by Rushman - 6 hours 7 minutes ago at 06:44
TeleStrat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeleStrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4 hours 35 minutes ago at 08:16
Probably every J/R/F fan has these three bands somewhere on their top ten list.
My list has Return To Forever closer to the top than the other two. 
Kepler62 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kepler62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2 hours 19 minutes ago at 10:32
This was definitely the first fusion album. 

Magnum Vaeltaja View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Eclectic Prog Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnum Vaeltaja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 minutes ago at 12:36
Originally posted by Rushman Rushman wrote:

Speaking of Fusion; I tuned into my local heavy metal station the other day (WSOU, out of Seton Hall University), and I heard this fusion song coming out of my speakers, I thought they changed formats!

Turns out it is a band called Nova Collective, with members of Between The Buried and Me, and Haken. It is quite good:

Definitely one of the best albums I've heard this year so far. These guys are phenomenal! 
Smarter to bring your own food to the grocery store.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic