Topic ClosedWindows Music Player to Complement a Fiio X1

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Windows Music Player to Complement a Fiio X1
    Posted: April 25 2017 at 10:01
Hello everyone,

I recently purchased a Fiio X1 portable music player after spending the last couple of years having music on my phone and hating it. I've tried various desktop music players, but I thought I would ask what the folks here use.

I have a variety of formats mp3, m4a (ACC) and flac. I will most likely re-rip my CD's that are in mp3 format.

I'm looking for something with easy to create playlists, which was the only thing I liked about iTunes.

Also, if you have other methods of organizing your digital music, other than playlists, please share.

Thanks.

Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2017 at 10:37

That's what I did Kent: re-ripped LP/CD to FLAC (the format I buy online, too) and organized everything with FOOBAR which doubles as excellent player (ASIO through USB to external DAC) - the mobile version here

The looks can be specially moded with plenty of themes (mine DARKONE here) and also lots of other plugins/optional components.

Edited by Quinino - April 25 2017 at 10:42
Tapfret View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2017 at 13:08
I stick with the classic Winamp. Playlists are pretty easy and cross platform support is excellent. The key to organizing is making sure all your ID3 tags are accurate up front when you rip. Playing in any criteria relatable sequence is easy, even without making playlists works great as long as that part is done. Sure, you can edit tags on the back end...but ugh!

I also used to hate using my phone for listening. But long commutes and blutoothing to the car stereo for comm purposes made it kind of essential. Now that microsd cards are into the 100s of gigabyte range I can keep all but the least desirable tunes on the phone. This of course does not work with the ever unflexible apple phones. And I am not a lossless purist. 320kbps or even VBR and I can tell zippo difference in quality. For Android I paid $5 for Poweramp app which is feature rich. Buffering options eliminate most annoying aspects of stock phone players.   

But that's not what you asked....winamp was my actual answer.
 Post Reply Post Reply