Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedMutiny in Jonestown for Neo Prog

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mutiny in Jonestown for Neo Prog
    Posted: April 30 2017 at 12:45
Hi all, about a year ago I suggested my band Mutiny in Jonestown for the Psych/Space category.  I had just released a best-of album spanning the bands 29 year history.  There was very positive feedback (the original thread is located here:

but it appears the nomination became bogged down during the approval process.  One member of the team (Meltdowner) voted yes while 2 voted undecided and it sort of died in committee.  When I originally submitted the nomination I felt Neo Prog might be a better fit anyway, so here I am again LOL

I'd like to propose Mutiny in Jonestown for the Neo Prog category based on their 2016 compilation release, "The Witching Hour".  While the Space/Psych subgenre also seemed a possible fit, I think the actual definition of neo prog is a better description of Mutiny in Jonestown's sound and spirit.  This is another of my one-man-bands (WytchCrypt was added to PA in the Experimental/Post Metal subgenre back in 2015.)  Mutiny in Jonestown was formed in 1988 to carry on the style of prog I always loved best which leans to the heavier and darker side of things and has released many albums so far and remains an active entity.  Following "The Witching Hour", the most recent album was released in late 2016.  The albums have all been available in limited distribution CD format while this compilation is also available for free download on soundcloud at:

Also, the lyrics to the songs on "The Witching Hour" are available on my pinterest page at:

https://www.pinterest.com/dennis1960/mutiny-in-jonestown-the-witching-hour/

If anyone would like any further information about Mutiny in Jonestown, just PM me or reply to this thread.

Thanks,
Dennis
DamoXt7942 View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Avant/Cross/Neo/Post Teams

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2017 at 02:31
They are currently under eval in PSIKE Team. Looks like a controversial case though.

The thread temporarily closed. Let me reopen this if they are rejected in PSIKE.
 Post Reply Post Reply