Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Tapfret View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ragnar Zolberg quits Pain of Salvation
    Posted: May 02 2017 at 21:23
Errrm? Yeah, the article headline being different from the actual content makes me question the story altogether. Either way, it puts a taint on an otherwise good album and rather emotionally heavy closer.
progmanjum View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2017 at 18:58
Seems to be differing stories of quitting and being asked to leave. But in the end this is Daniel's band. Hopefully they can work things out and at least have good things to say about each other. Happy to see Johan back.

heavydrum View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2017 at 04:28
http://worldprognation.com/ragnar-zolberg-quits-pain-of-salvation/

"As it turned out, everybody worked on the album as a team, but as soon as our album was finished last year, the band leader started acting in a very similar manner as what we have been seeing of the band Ghost recently. It was clear that this was not “our” album anymore, but his. I got payed a small amount of 1000 euros for my work for those 2 years, that did not even cover my travel expenses."

i don't know what to think, i've been following the band since 'the perfect element' and they've been one of my favourite bands for a long time, i've seem them 10 times live and even got to play with them (old lineup) at an italian fan club party back in 2003.
i lost them a bit during the 'road salt' years and hated 'falling home' but with 'light of day' they got back on track, wonderful album.
i loved the fact that they seemed like beautiful people, sort of a family, very human and dedicated to their art. but 1000 euros for 2 years of work is a joke, as a musician i would get furious. i'm disappointed, perplexed and waiting for a response from daniel to shed some light on this situation.

Post Reply Post Reply