FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedKansas cancels the whole european tour

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kansas cancels the whole european tour
    Posted: May 12 2017 at 03:46
just posted this at the NotP-Thread, but don't know if everyone reads the Live-Subforum and i think this is something worth discussing here as well, because i'm just completely angry with this political stuff going on  ...

Official announcement posted at the NotP-Festival Facebook page:

"KANSAS regretfully announces the cancellation of its 2017 European Tour. The cancellation is based on safety and security warnings issued by the United States government and various U.S. law enforcement agencies concerning Americans traveling in Europe this summer. KANSAS is extremely saddened that the band will not be able to perform for its European fans this year. (Kansas will post this tonight on their website and FB Site)"
Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2017 at 04:15
We all know Europe is extremely dangerous, especially during the Summer...
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2017 at 04:41
Sorry but this seems like a poor excuse. Rather like ditching a tour of Asia due to recent Yeti attacks.
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Jeffro View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2017 at 05:15
Originally posted by Guldbamsen Guldbamsen wrote:

Sorry but this seems like a poor excuse. Rather like ditching a tour of Asia due to recent Yeti attacks.

Doubt it. Yeti are HUGE Kansas fans.
We all live in an amber subdomain, amber subdomain, amber subdomain.

My face IS a maserati
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2017 at 05:22
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
twseel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2017 at 06:26
Poor excuse is an understatement, this is some propaganda bullsh*t, this is what the oh so well-meaning American government is now spoon-feeding its people. Let me also remind you that te US has a higher homicide rate than any European country except for Albania, Ukraine and Lithuania, among other statistics... They'd be safer every moment they're NOT in the US.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2017 at 09:51
Guys think "Eagles of Death Metal" and Paris.....That is what this is about. It's not about Kansas backing out, it is about protecting those that might be harmed at a show filled with innocent people. Yea the guys from Kansas walking around any European city would be fine, no doubt.

Put them on stage, in front of 8-12,000 people in a closed environment and its a tragic event waiting to happen....That's the world we live in.
"American Rock Band Ignores US Travel Warning......hundreds die at one of their shows in Europe due to terrorist act."
You/Kansas don't want to see that headline.......
stewe View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2017 at 10:02
US have apparently plans for Europe in summer. That's a pity, I was looking forward to seeing Kansas in Loreley...Hopefully Yes won't follow this. Btw. Americans themselves who have been in Europe (e.g.Czech Republic, Austria, Poland, Germany...) say it is generally much safer than their homeland.

<a href="http://steveer.ic.cz" rel="nofollow"
Mascodagama View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2017 at 10:06
^^ Dude, there are rock gigs going on in every city in Europe every night of the week with bands coming fron the US and everywhwre else. Cancelling a European tour because of Bataclan makes as much sense as not releasing a new Batman movie because of the Aurora shootings.

Edited by Mascodagama - May 12 2017 at 10:09
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2017 at 10:25
Originally posted by Mascodagama Mascodagama wrote:

^^ Dude, there are rock gigs going on in every city in Europe every night of the week with bands coming fron the US and everywhwre else. Cancelling a European tour because of Bataclan makes as much sense as not releasing a new Batman movie because of the Aurora shootings.

Of course there are, I know that...There are rock shows in every dangerous city in the world every night. And I agree there are arguments on both sides.

There are many, many bands from across the pond that I will probably never see for various reasons, mainly due to the expense of coming to the US and traveling within the country......But I don't get my panties in a wad because of that.
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2017 at 10:44
^ Fair enough, and of course it's up to them where they want to play. I wouldn't have been going to see them anyway (though I will admit that Two for the Show was one of my fave albums when I was sixteen - if they'd done a UK tour in 1985 or so I would have been totally up for it).  I just think it's a shame when decisions like this get made as a result of skewed, media-driven perceptions of risk.

Assuming of course that it wasn't a smokescreen for "we didn't sell any tickets" LOL

Edited by Mascodagama - May 12 2017 at 12:11
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2017 at 10:47
I could understand why they might think that just having the name Kansas could put the band, roadies, audience etc. at more risk.
twseel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2017 at 10:50
For me It's not about not seeing Kansas (they're alright but I wouldn't go anyways) but about warnings concerning Americans traveling in Europe this summer. Watch out for literally the safest place on earth since there are now slightly more Muslims!
Nogbad_The_Bad View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Eclectic Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2017 at 10:54
Home of the brave? I think not. This is very weak.
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2017 at 10:55
I very rarely emerge from my cave either nowadays.

Sandbag and hide!!!
Ivan_Melgar_M View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2017 at 11:37
Originally posted by Guldbamsen Guldbamsen wrote:

That's not new in USA.

Several school trips to Europe were cancelled after the movies Taken and Taken 2.....I'm sure some poor kids in Texas will never know anything past the limits of their county due to a stupid movie.

Recently as December, by the same South Texan schoolteacher who was struggling to take her students to Europe because of parental concern that has been sparked by the trilogy.

Neeson told the Australian press: "These kids had never been outside the state and she was desperate to get some assurance but what I am doing is writing her a letter or a to-whom-it-may-concern letter that she can print out or send to these parents that this is a movie. The chance of your kids being taken in Europe is one in 20 million or something."
The teacher had been trying to take 60 students on a tour of Europe, but parents of 40 of them refused to let them go and cited the Taken films as the reason for their concern.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/film/film-news/11327276/Liam-Neeson-tells-Texans-your-children-wont-get-taken-in-Europe.html

LOLLOLLOL

In the early-mid 90's Michael Jackson and Rod Stewart canceled their Peruvian concerts due to a warning issued by the USA government about Shining Path.

Not that it bothered me at all, but it was absurd Abimael Guzman had already been captured and there was no danger.

BTW: When Kansas was in Lima, I talked to them for a couple of hours, and one of the guys asked me if it was dangerous to leave the hotel because of terrorism, it was 2010, and we had not suffered a  terrorist attack in Lima for almost 2 decades.

He told me that they were warned.

As if the terrorists had a slight idea about who Kansas are....Maybe they will know Katy Perry or Madonna, but Kansas.

Edited by Ivan_Melgar_M - May 12 2017 at 11:47

Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2017 at 12:12
Originally posted by Logan Logan wrote:

I could understand why they might think that just having the name Kansas could put the band, roadies, audience etc. at more risk.

Srsly?
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2017 at 12:32

Srsly?

I like to think that some around here appreciate my odd sense of humour, but I am being serious.

Incidentally: Columbia man charged with plotting Islamic State terror attack on Kansas City
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2017 at 13:55
Yeti attacks?   Finally some real news.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
Nogbad_The_Bad View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Eclectic Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2017 at 14:03

Srsly?

I like to think that some around here appreciate my odd sense of humour, but I am being serious.

Incidentally: Columbia man charged with plotting Islamic State terror attack on Kansas City

Europe is as safe as the USA, time to put on the tinfoil hat, stock up on canned food & barricade ourselves in the basement.Ermm
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>