Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report abuse here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

worst abuse on PA ever

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 28>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Epignosis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2017 at 09:29
I just typed a lengthy reply in another thread and lost it because of this security authorization screen.  I am unhappy about this.
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
PSIKE, JRF/Canterbury, P Metal, Eclectic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2017 at 18:55
Here's an idea. Why doesn't M@X have a premium subscription option for a small annual fee? I'm getting sick of these ads popping up more and more and creeping into every freeking robot free crevice. I'd gladly cough up the dough. Similar to Rate Your Music. Add some perks like being able to decorate our profile page and add lists and crap like that. We'd eat it up like yummy treats

https://rateyourmusic.com/~siLLy_puPPy
Aussie-Byrd-Brother View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2017 at 19:46
Yeah, I'm currently being inundated with ads for `available Russian women in your area', makes me look like a bit of a perve if I'm looking at the site at work, meaning I have to explain exactly what I'm looking at!

Besides, if they really wanted to exploit me and steal my money, the ads might want to propose `women with large rear-ends that look like dorky librarians in your area'..., in which case it would be:

JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JJLehto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2017 at 22:25
For my job I deal with, literally, hundreds of captchas a day (as a background screener I basically surf various court/gov sites all day long) some involving pretty elaborate effort, like flipping through 7 pages until completion or boxing a certain object. 

I come here to unwind as always and after making a long post, I lose it because of the captcha. I used to copy my posts so I can just paste em if I lose it, but ya know sometimes I forget. 
The issue does seem better, and I have less of the *do captcha correct, make post, error, post lost*but still... I'm not leaving the site or anything but this has been more than a simple minor annoyance. 
Polymorphia View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Polymorphia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2017 at 22:34
max i know you have a harem of women who just swoon over the combination of a web developer and a prog fan, but make some time for us okay
ExittheLemming View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExittheLemming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2017 at 23:49
Originally posted by siLLy puPPy siLLy puPPy wrote:

Here's an idea. Why doesn't M@X have a premium subscription option for a small annual fee? I'm getting sick of these ads popping up more and more and creeping into every freeking robot free crevice. I'd gladly cough up the dough. Similar to Rate Your Music. Add some perks like being able to decorate our profile page and add lists and crap like that. We'd eat it up like yummy treats

I'm not sure what you mean by 'crap like that' and what form any incentives might take, but wouldn't 'paying more' be tantamount to compensating the site owner for what has become a reduced service?
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
PSIKE, JRF/Canterbury, P Metal, Eclectic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2017 at 07:16
Originally posted by ExittheLemming ExittheLemming wrote:

Originally posted by siLLy puPPy siLLy puPPy wrote:

I'm not sure what you mean by 'crap like that' and what form any incentives might take, but wouldn't 'paying more' be tantamount to compensating the site owner for what has become a reduced service?

"Crap like that" is a mysterious nebulous term that means "find something else to make it worth while. The idea of having the subscription is to pay for these irritating issues to be taken care of IMMEDIATELY instead of lingering for months. If, of course, no tangible results emerged then of course it would be a totally waste of money, but a premium member who doesn't have ads popping up and perhaps the option of customizing the site for personal use would be ;)

https://rateyourmusic.com/~siLLy_puPPy
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2017 at 03:18
So is this captcha thing here for good? It'd be nice to know. If it is then I'm out of here. Found quite a few interesting music sites that don't feel the need to implement these stupid tests. 
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Guests View Drop Down
Forum Guest Group
Forum Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2017 at 04:51
I'm sorry to say that we haven't been able to help out regarding this issue, I sent PMs and threads which were ignored and Keishiro went an extra mile to contact M@X through other channels. Besides that one intervention which didn't fix anything we don't know why is this still in place and what are the reasons for not removing this, fully aware that we're losing activity on the forums and site, everyone from regular users to collabs.
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2017 at 05:16
I still think it's worth comparing the number of forum posts before and after these captchas were put in place. If site traffic is being impacted then surely M@x would do something about it?

Does anyone have access to do that?
Kepler62 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kepler62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2017 at 05:44
I'm sure that some people have just said f**k it. There are other Prog sites out there that are better than this one.
Guests View Drop Down
Forum Guest Group
Forum Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2017 at 05:55
Originally posted by chopper chopper wrote:

I still think it's worth comparing the number of forum posts before and after these captchas were put in place. If site traffic is being impacted then surely M@x would do something about it?

Does anyone have access to do that?

That would be useful but no, we don't have those kinds of statistics.

/* .href;s=a.indexOf('/cdn-cgi/l/email-protection');m=a.length;if(a&&s>-1&&m>28){j=28+s;s='';if(j/g,'>');l.href='mailto:'+t.value}}catch(e){}}}catch(e){}})(document);/* ]]> */

Edited by historian9 - May 26 2017 at 05:56
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2017 at 08:38
Left a message to my landlord some weeks ago to tell him there was a problem in the apartment: He never called back.

Called my boss earlier this week to tell him there was an agressive f**ker who was making trouble at work: He told me that he had no time for it and to deal with it.

f**k 'em, I don't care anymore.
Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2017 at 08:44
Originally posted by historian9 historian9 wrote:

I'm sorry to say that we haven't been able to help out regarding this issue, I sent PMs and threads which were ignored and Keishiro went an extra mile to contact M@X through other channels. Besides that one intervention which didn't fix anything we don't know why is this still in place and what are the reasons for not removing this, fully aware that we're losing activity on the forums and site, everyone from regular users to collabs.
Maybe he wants to close the site but not without people leaving it first.
Shiny globe View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shiny globe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2017 at 09:12
Things cannot last forever! I hope those immensely gorgeous archives will be kept safe somewhere – I'll send a memory device to whoever agrees to copy the whole lot on it, for me to keep.
Tapfret View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapfret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2017 at 10:14
Maybe if I buy the stupid Papa Roach album that keeps getting shoved in my face it will stop. 

The ridiculous thing about this is I get Captch'd on my updated, secure devices and no problem on my open-to-the-world phone.
Tapfret View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapfret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2017 at 10:19
...but "NEW PUNK BAND" is created as new topic in 2 prog subforums by a brand new user....nice.
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2017 at 10:30
^ as I've said...this is not a spam stopper. This is for some other purpose.
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
Tapfret View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapfret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2017 at 11:09
I get that. The point is, there is otherwise low hanging fruit while the rest of us get plucked.
Finnforest View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2017 at 14:13
Originally posted by historian9 historian9 wrote:

Appreciate the effort of Admin.  Dumbfounded that the man on top does not seem to acknowledge the gravity of the situation. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 28>