Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report abuse here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

worst abuse on PA ever

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 28>
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2017 at 14:29
Question is - does M@X really exist ??
Shiny globe View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shiny globe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2017 at 15:07
Originally posted by Finnforest Finnforest wrote:

Originally posted by historian9 historian9 wrote:

I'm sorry to say that we haven't been able to help out regarding this issue, I sent PMs and threads which were ignored and Keishiro went an extra mile to contact M@X through other channels. Besides that one intervention which didn't fix anything we don't know why is this still in place and what are the reasons for not removing this, fully aware that we're losing activity on the forums and site, everyone from regular users to collabs.

Appreciate the effort of Admin.  Dumbfounded that the man on top does not seem to acknowledge the gravity of the situation. 

Member's profile tells when we log in and get the news...
Sean Trane View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2017 at 15:38
Originally posted by Kepler62 Kepler62 wrote:

I'm sure that some people have just said f**k it. There are other Prog sites out there that are better than this one.

I kind of doubt this...
I can think of one, but most here don't like it there (for understandable reasons)

================

The captcha is not that bad if you remember to copy your post (especially the longer ones) before hitting the post reply box

I mean, I don't mind that much trying a second time if all I have to do is paste what i copied... however, remembering to copy your post is where things go awry...

Because the worst part is losing the time you've spent writing an insightful post.. Unless you saved it, you won't want to spend again the same time to rewrite.

And if you did saved/copied it, then it's only a minute wasted until you'll be successful.
Because thisCensoredPig thing never turned me down more than once in a row.
someone_else View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote someone_else Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2017 at 03:28
It is said that wisdom comes with the years. And wisdom may reveal itself in the removal of CAPTCHA's, which give far more annoyance than protection, when one is in a position to do this. But if..., if not..., anyway..., Ctrl-A, Ctrl-C...

Happy 40th, M@X! Beer

Ctrl-V, of course...

Thatfabulousalien View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thatfabulousalien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2017 at 04:27
Classical music isn't dead, it's more alive than it's ever been. It's just not on MTV.

https://www.soundcloud.com/user-322914325
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2017 at 05:12
Originally posted by someone_else someone_else wrote:

It is said that wisdom comes with the years.

As of late studies, it was scientifically established that assumption is wrong - age brings only more Prudence (the ability to govern and discipline oneself by the use of reason) not Wisdom (ability to discern inner qualities and relationships) LOL

Notwhithstanding this - I support your pledge: we all have to use our best wisdom to deal with this (M@x first and foremost)

Ctrl-V, of course...

Edited by Quinino - May 27 2017 at 05:13
AEProgman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AEProgman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2017 at 06:40
The forum definitely, to me, is not as lively as it was since this craptcha stuff came around.  I do miss the endless photos of vinyl posts by Telestrat, Catcher10, etc., rantings of Mickey, and the rest.

I have also noticed of late, the some of the ads now are videos and it causes my browser to jump down to it even after I scroll to the area I want view or select, very frustrating especially just to watch some Bubba biscuit maker make a damn biscuit!  Also, how long to we have see Papa Roach ads in our face? 

As mentioned above, does a M@X exist or is it Headroom?  (insert emoticon in your minds eye since doing it for real causes me to be captcha'ed)
Shiny globe View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shiny globe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 27 2017 at 11:12
Last message posted way before last login

http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=110740&PID=5452516#5452516

Congrats Mr Roy for all those years on this crazy planet. The dream of each and every man : reaching 40
Tuzvihar View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tuzvihar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2017 at 02:53
I just made two posts with big images and no captcha? WTF?!

EDIT: no captcha this time either!

EDIT 2: it did appear when editing this post however.

https://img.clipartfest.com/5ddfda2d12706e2f81e4f4de311ba9c2_smiley-with-wow-sign-royalty-wow-clip-art_379-450.jpeg

Edited by Tuzvihar - May 28 2017 at 02:55
"Music is much like f**king, but some composers can't climax and others climax too often, leaving themselves and the listener jaded and spent."

Charles Bukowski
ExittheLemming View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExittheLemming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2017 at 06:06
Originally posted by Tuzvihar Tuzvihar wrote:

I just made two posts with big images and no captcha? WTF?!

EDIT: no captcha this time either!

EDIT 2: it did appear when editing this post however.

https://img.clipartfest.com/5ddfda2d12706e2f81e4f4de311ba9c2_smiley-with-wow-sign-royalty-wow-clip-art_379-450.jpeg

That's encouraging. Perhaps we need a hacker to bypass the security measures put in place by the site owner to prevent hackers from accessing the site just for non-hackers to access the site?Confused
AZF View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AZF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2017 at 08:47
Since moving onto a Tablet, I've had no Capitcha at cha cha stuff.
Just saying!
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JJLehto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2017 at 14:12
Originally posted by historian9 historian9 wrote:

I'm sorry to say that we haven't been able to help out regarding this issue, I sent PMs and threads which were ignored and Keishiro went an extra mile to contact M@X through other channels. Besides that one intervention which didn't fix anything we don't know why is this still in place and what are the reasons for not removing this, fully aware that we're losing activity on the forums and site, everyone from regular users to collabs.

Wait, forgive my ignorance my time here has been quite limited in recent years...is M@x still around? In terms of running the site. This makes it sound like no one can get a hold of him, and that no one seems to be sure why exactly the captcha's have started(?) I know he's on Facebook, I'd hate to bug the guy on his personal page but maybe an avenue worth trying. 

Anyway, last post needed 4 attempts (as in 3 error messages) to succeed, and not quite sure what I did wrong. Maybe I missed a square that had 1/100 of a sign or plant in it
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2017 at 16:17
^ Avoid the 1/100th of a sign and do what most humans would: hit the big pieces only, and voila!

I only seem to get the captchas when I post images.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
Vompatti View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vompatti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2017 at 16:40
Give it a few years, he's probably just busy. Be happy you're able to post at all, don't be so demanding, after all this is a free website. PS. I can't post emoticons so here's an ASCII smiley: :)
Kepler62 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kepler62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2017 at 18:44
Originally posted by Atavachron Atavachron wrote:

^ Avoid the 1/100th of a sign and do what most humans would: hit the big pieces only, and voila!

I only seem to get the captchas when I post images.

I got it while trying to send a PM.
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2017 at 01:31
I seem to only be 'captcha'd' if a take too long with any of my posts. I've virtually given up on reviewing albums, I don't (can't) post pics, so it's not a massive issue for me.
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2017 at 03:13
The first time I tried posting this I got a snapchat and the lovable erased message afterwards. you gotta love this placeErmm
Here's my second try.

Yup got karpchad againDead

Second edit fails. Third edit fails. 
I'm done here. Have fun destroying your own site Max. It is working brilliantly.

Edited by Guldbamsen - May 29 2017 at 03:15
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Sean Trane View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2017 at 07:19
M@X last logged in yesterday from what I read in the log in page
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2017 at 07:21
hah.. about time you joined the revolution David.. f**k Trump.. f**k Captcha.. f**k M@X.. and his damn little site too hahahha

Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2017 at 08:05
^ LOL Miiiiiicky, don't leave for good (yet !), you're the heart & soul of this forum. Peace Ying Yang
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 28>