Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report abuse here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

worst abuse on PA ever

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 28>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2017 at 02:33
Originally posted by Sean Trane Sean Trane wrote:

Originally posted by Tapfret Tapfret wrote:

Yup, after being in the "it's not that bad" camp for awhile I've had a run of them. Even from my phone which was previously fairly exempt. 

Test &1/2, test 1-2 TongueWink

only one fail before getting it right (from work)
no fail this time TongueLOL
Sean Trane View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2017 at 02:34

Originally posted by Tapfret Tapfret wrote:

Yup, after being in the "it's not that bad" camp for awhile I've had a run of them. Even from my phone which was previously fairly exempt. 

Test &1/2, test 1-2 TongueWink

only one fail before getting it right (from work)
no fail this time TongueLOL

again no fail (friggin craptcha Angry)

LOL
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2017 at 03:09
All I can say is ; CAPCHA can go f**k itself - square up the poop-shute.........
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2017 at 06:42
Hi M@X
I stopped using PA through my laptop a good while ago becausr I got fed up with captchas. My phone seemed the way to go as it most oftenly zig zagged through them...but now it seems almost impossible to even surf the site via a mobile phone as the pace is so slow it takes about 8-10 resfreshes just to get to a thread and don't even get me started on the frontpage, which I haven't read in 3 weeks...not for lack of want but simply because the fecker won't load. Other sites over the internet work just fine thrpugh my phone but PA is nigh on impossible to frequent.
It took me 9 tries just to open this thread.
Maybe we're just lucky to have a free site like this and I thank you for it, but I would like the opportunity to chat with my longtime friends and post a review or two without all the unnecessary hassle.
Also, hi everyone - maybe we'll talk next year!
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2017 at 06:48
TBH, I only get Craptcha with pictures in my first post of the day... after that , it's done for the day

I even opened a thread in the general discussion forum, and it didn't even need me ticking the box.

But maybe I shouldn't rejoice, because it can screw up very quickly again
Saperlipopette! View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saperlipopette! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2017 at 07:00
Sorry I didn't read all 19 pages (and even hardly this page) but for the dozen or so comments I've posted in the last couple of days I've only had to confirm that I'm not a robot. Which is no big deal. Everything else looks normal too... on both iPhone and MAC - well except that hardly anyone posts anything. Have I been lucky?
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2017 at 08:08
Originally posted by Saperlipopette! Saperlipopette! wrote:

Sorry I didn't read all 19 pages (and even hardly this page) but for the dozen or so comments I've posted in the last couple of days I've only had to confirm that I'm not a robot. Which is no big deal. Everything else looks normal too... on both iPhone and MAC - well except that hardly anyone posts anything. Have I been lucky?
From what I gather, I think that if you're surfing from an Apple machine, you're way less affected than others.
Saperlipopette! View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saperlipopette! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2017 at 08:33
^right. thanks!
Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2017 at 08:47

From what I gather, I think that if you're surfing from an Apple machine, you're way less affected than others.
Maybe it's a marketing strategy, although no amount of captcha will make me want to buy one of those.
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2017 at 13:29
Open the pad bay door M@X! Stern Smile
Mascodagama View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mascodagama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2017 at 07:53
So today I got hit by Captcha when posting from my iPad, for the first time ever.  Apparently there is to be no refuge from this fecking sh*te!

Soldato of the Pan Head Mafia. We'll make you an offer you can't listen to.
Bandcamp Profile
Vompatti View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vompatti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2017 at 08:51
TempleOS does not have this problem.
micky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2017 at 09:19
one week to go M@X.. still haven't heard from you

Originally posted by micky micky wrote:

Captcha could be gone as soon Scott as the payment clears...  it is up to you all.  Don't be that forumite... don't go Republican on us.. don't bitch about how broken the system is.. yet continue to elect the fools the broke it.

write M@X.. tell him to SELL.. SELL... SELL...  

if you are reading M@X.   Because I like you and do owe you my greatest and most cheerished victory over Ivan.  I'll give you s special offer. Sell to me by Labor Day and I'll toss in a case of your favorite beer..  though I suspect you are a Budweiser kind of guy haha...  and the best part.. the phone number to a certain sex crazed... if completely unstable redhead with a penchant for kinky sex when in a good mood and tossing pots and pans with great accuracy at you when in a bad mood.

Act now man... hear the cries of the forumites here...   they beg for salvation.. SELL.. SELL ...SELL.

Micky/Raff 2017
Make Prog Archives Great Again...
The Pedro and Micky Experience - When one no longer requires psychotropics to trip
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2017 at 12:43

Originally posted by Saperlipopette! Saperlipopette! wrote:

I've been using my iPhone all this time and apart from the sloooooooooooooooooow pace of it these days, I have been somewhat untouched by captcha (but yeah I can't really use it anymore as I am too impatient to wait 10 minutes for a page to load).

BUT my laptop still gets hit by captchas with every single post I makeAngry I am really jealous of the rest of you guys, as you seem able to communicate without any hassle - or very little it seems. 
I even had a friend reformat my laptop and it hasn't helped one bit. 

I'll wager my cat's old knife collection on an upcoming captcha.

Edit: Yup 3 cases of identifying carsAngryDeadDeadDead

Feck this sh*te. It is simply not worth it.

Edited by Guldbamsen - August 28 2017 at 12:47
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2017 at 06:01
After 3 posts and 10 captchas I would like to thank PA for a) elevated blood pressure b) a broken coffee cup (out of frustration) and last but not least c)
Relateret billede

- Douglas Adams
Zeptember View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zeptember Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2017 at 04:59
Get rid of TRUMP
Zeptember View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zeptember Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2017 at 05:02
Guldbamsen,  luktar den eller ?
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2017 at 05:05
Originally posted by Zeptember Zeptember wrote:

Guldbamsen,  luktar den eller ?

English please...
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2017 at 05:25
Originally posted by Guldbamsen Guldbamsen wrote:

After 3 posts and 10 captchas I would like to thank PA for a) elevated blood pressure b) a broken coffee cup (out of frustration) and last but not least c)
Relateret billede
LMFAO !!!!   
Nogbad_The_Bad View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Eclectic Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nogbad_The_Bad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2017 at 07:44
Originally posted by Zeptember Zeptember wrote:

Get rid of TRUMP

Didn't realize he posted here.
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 28>