Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report abuse here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

worst abuse on PA ever

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 28>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2017 at 14:41
Originally posted by Shiny globe Shiny globe wrote:

Originally posted by Easy Money Easy Money wrote:

Originally posted by Shiny globe Shiny globe wrote:

Originally posted by Easy Money Easy Money wrote:

You're taking a cr*p on people trying to solve a problem you don't have, ain't you? Bored people are boring and should get some rest.
They are solving the problem are they, well thats just awesome!!!  
P.S. I was just trying to kid Vompatti, he has a sense of humor.

Some are obviously trying to understand what those vicious threats are, it's bad faith to pretend they don't.
Now I'm dead laughing – you're being that funny Mr "Honorary Collaborator" !!ClapClap
Wacko (No words needed.)
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
Tapfret View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tapfret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2017 at 15:02
^But if they were, "unnecessarily provocative" would be a good place to start.
Pekka View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pekka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2017 at 04:15
Testing... testing... I've tried posting on a thread five times and PM'ing twice, but apparently I haven't earned my spurs yet to do such things.

edit: Wow! I'll try for the sixth time now.

Edited by Pekka - June 18 2017 at 04:16
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2017 at 07:24
Confused I just had a captcha test that was a helicopter. I guess that planes and spacecraft will follow.
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
Vompatti View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vompatti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2017 at 07:31
Teaching Google to recognize spacecraft could be a serious threat to intergalactic safety, please eliminate the captcha before that happens.
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2017 at 04:12
I do a post with a jootoob vid attached to it and for the first time (using my laptop) in months I did not have to wade through an endless tirade of captchas. I went in here to share this wonderful news and surprise surprise I get hit with capcha after capchaDead
This madness is uncalled for. I would also much prefer if M@X made an official post in which he explained the need for this silly thing. 
During the last couple of years I've noticed an increasingly worrying thing around this place. We, the members, work to keep the site afloat with new band additions, updating sh*t and so forth whilst the owner does exactly nothing....oh yeah I forgot. Once in a while he jumps in to enforce some new google sponsored thang that otherwise would threat the site he doesn't really give a sh*t about. Making sense yet? Nahh don't worry - it never makes sense. Why would you trouble yourself with running a site that you literally have no interest in? I don't really care for celery which is why I don't run a site devoted to this vegetable.

Sell the f**ker and be done with it.
OR let it run it's course. Most of the collaborators round this place have simply stopped working on this bitch and understandably so. Why would you continue to work for someone who doesn't appreciate you? I certainly couldn't care less about any upcoming artist addition. Hell - I hope the vast majority of PA collabs would stop working until M@X at least comes up with an explanation. 
Working on any addition to PA right this minute seems comparable to that of making snowmen in May. It may stand there for a bit but ultimately withers away.
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2017 at 04:19
Another thing that irritates the hell out of me: every goddamn time something negative happens on this site it is almost always directed at the admins and collabs. Why? Because the vast majority of internet sites have admins and collabs who actually have a say in how the actual site is being run. Not on here though which again has to be explained again and again to frustrated new members who find X or Y completely unnecessary. 
In other words: We are the buffers. We deal with the sh*t. We are the accused. 
I think it's about time we direct the troubles at hand in the right direction.
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Sean Trane View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2017 at 04:39
Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

Confused I just had a captcha test that was a helicopter. I guess that planes and spacecraft will follow.

I wish that tits & ass would come soonPig... It would at least make most of us merrier. Clown

Originally posted by Guldbamsen Guldbamsen wrote:

I do a post with a jootoob vid attached to it and for the first time (using my laptop) in months I did not have to wade through an endless tirade of captchas. I went in here to share this wonderful news and surprise surprise I get hit with capcha after capchaDead
This madness is uncalled for. I would also much prefer if M@X made an official post in which he explained the need for this silly thing. ....

.....Hell - I hope the vast majority of PA collabs would stop working until M@X at least comes up with an explanation. 
Working on any addition to PA right this minute seems comparable to that of making snowmen in May. It may stand there for a bit but ultimately withers away.

That should be the least he could've done

I do sometimes get to post without craptcha interfering - especially when I post a few times within a few minutes

TBH, I'm starting to get used to it, but I still get angry when I forget to copy/save my post before hitting the post replay button.

Maybe M@X could insert a reminder/warning  to do so (save/copy) before going towards  craptcha (because returning backwards will erase it)

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2017 at 05:22
Well we are humans and we do get used to far too much these days...but the question remains: do we have to? Is it necessary? Why is it necessary?
I got used to my neighbour sounding like an old rhino in heat when he unsuccessfully tried to mate with his girlfriend. He would make these horrible sounds at least once a night for a whole hour. I got used to it...until I had enough of it and confronted him. He found another room for late night fornication and I slept like a baby.

Edited by Guldbamsen - June 22 2017 at 05:24

- Douglas Adams
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2017 at 10:56

Well we are humans and we do get used to far too much these days...but the question remains: do we have to? Is it necessary? Why is it necessary?
I got used to my neighbour sounding like an old rhino in heat when he unsuccessfully tried to mate with his girlfriend. He would make these horrible sounds at least once a night for a whole hour. I got used to it...until I had enough of it and confronted him. He found another room for late night fornication and I slept like a baby.

As a matter of interest, did you take any photos?
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2017 at 12:37

Another thing that irritates the hell out of me: every goddamn time something negative happens on this site it is almost always directed at the admins and collabs. Why? Because the vast majority of internet sites have admins and collabs who actually have a say in how the actual site is being run. Not on here though which again has to be explained again and again to frustrated new members who find X or Y completely unnecessary. 

aaaaah the joy of being a tiny senior member, dude.
Aussie-Byrd-Brother View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2017 at 17:48

This madness is uncalled for. I would also much prefer if M@X made an official post in which he explained the need for this silly thing. 
During the last couple of years I've noticed an increasingly worrying thing around this place. We, the members, work to keep the site afloat with new band additions, updating sh*t and so forth whilst the owner does exactly nothing....oh yeah I forgot. Once in a while he jumps in to enforce some new google sponsored thang that otherwise would threat the site he doesn't really give a sh*t about. Making sense yet? Nahh don't worry - it never makes sense. Why would you trouble yourself with running a site that you literally have no interest in? I don't really care for celery which is why I don't run a site devoted to this vegetable.

OR let it run it's course. Most of the collaborators round this place have simply stopped working on this bitch and understandably so. Why would you continue to work for someone who doesn't appreciate you? I certainly couldn't care less about any upcoming artist addition. Hell - I hope the vast majority of PA collabs would stop working until M@X at least comes up with an explanation. 

Hmmm, the only time in my many years on the site that I can recall literally seeing M@X have any involvement was when I paid out that scumbag Mayer guy that hounds and abuses the guys on the Errors team on their thread. I remember he marked it `This comment is awaiting moderator approval' or something...then I honestly just forgot about it and never checked back to see what happened to it!
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2017 at 18:09

I would also much prefer if M@X made an official post in which he explained the need for this silly thing.

Yep--  communication; the single most underrated thing in the world.

Yep again.  One wonders if our Fearless Leader is much concerned with members, membership, or member activity.  I imagine none of that matters at this point with a registered population of over 58,000.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
PSIKE, JRF/Canterbury, P Metal, Eclectic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2017 at 18:32

I think you've hit upon how power structures in the world really work. It is nothing more than an elaborate conspiracy of avoiding accountability. While i agree with your analysis of the fact that sh*t should change, it won't because it would undermine the power structures that are currently reigning supreme :(

https://rateyourmusic.com/~siLLy_puPPy
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2017 at 18:58
^ Unless M@x decides to sell the dump and a Collab heroically (or foolishly) buys it ~

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
PSIKE, JRF/Canterbury, P Metal, Eclectic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2017 at 20:00
^ i've personally been thinking about that. Maybe we should create some sort of prog collective where everyone chips in and buys the site. Of course it would have to be run in some sort of hierachical manner but democratically so by members voting for who should do what. If M@X isn't up to the task of evolving the site to the point that it deserves, maybe we should invest in this site itself or create a sister site that basically mimics it in everyway and keeps it up to date. Too much for me to take on alone but definately one that rings promising as a rudimentary idea at least Embarrassed

https://rateyourmusic.com/~siLLy_puPPy
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2017 at 04:09
Originally posted by Aussie-Byrd-Brother Aussie-Byrd-Brother wrote:

Hmmm, the only time in my many years on the site that I can recall literally seeing M@X have any involvement was when I paid out that scumbag Mayer guy that hounds and abuses the guys on the Errors team on their thread. I remember he marked it `This comment is awaiting moderator approval' or something...then I honestly just forgot about it and never checked back to see what happened to it!

And which the team never properly thanked you for - better late than never, though Thumbs UpBig smile
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2017 at 04:38
I guess I was a little pissed the last time I posted in here...but then again it isn't getting any easier to frequent the forum...unless I use my iPhone which is a frustrating experience.
That also puzzles me somewhat in that my laptop and it's IP should be as clean as a baby's bottom whereas my phone has seen some weird sh*t.
I did some reviews through the last month or so but do not plan on posting them (tried twice and got hit by captchas up the wazoo) Like I mentioned earlier: I don't think M@X deserves the work any of us put into this place.
Plus, I really don't want to spend an hour on captchas before my review is let through the pearly gates.
In the meanwhile I will try to communicate with members the best way I can: by combining striptease and bearded fruits.

I wonder how other volunteer sites work.
'Hey dude thanks for all your hard work on my cucumber encyclopedia. It is really appreciated by many gardners worldwide. I can't pay you anything but I would like to make your forum experience and general movemement on the site more varied and fickle. I want you to prove your human existence every chance you get - preferably by identifying street signs and shop fronts. What? You don't want that? Come on man! You're a volunteer! This is what I got you for all your years of hard work: a chance to lose your posts from time to time and a much more precarious environment for any site related work. Again I do this because I love you and I really appreciate all your work. Oh would you be interested in a bj from a snapping turtle too? I know what people like and I promise to introduce these fabulous things to their lives'

Edited by Guldbamsen - June 24 2017 at 04:41

- Douglas Adams
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2017 at 04:50
Maybe it's time you older SC/admins come together and  form a rescue task-force to try to reach M@x in a formal way ASAP.
David, if you agree perhaps you could start a thread with that purpose and get things rolling ?
ExittheLemming View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExittheLemming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2017 at 05:45

I wonder how other volunteer sites work.
'Hey dude thanks for all your hard work on my cucumber encyclopedia. It is really appreciated by many gardners worldwide. I can't pay you anything but I would like to make your forum experience and general movemement on the site more varied and fickle. I want you to prove your human existence every chance you get - preferably by identifying street signs and shop fronts. What? You don't want that? Come on man! You're a volunteer! This is what I got you for all your years of hard work: a chance to lose your posts from time to time and a much more precarious environment for any site related work. Again I do this because I love you and I really appreciate all your work. Oh would you be interested in a bj from a snapping turtle too? I know what people like and I promise to introduce these fabulous things to their lives'

It takes something pretty special to make me laugh out loud but this did. Kudos Clap
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1213141516 28>