Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report abuse here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

worst abuse on PA ever

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 28>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AEProgman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2017 at 06:56
Getting close to jettisoning this site!  

Besides the annoying Craptcha stuff, on the main page when I try to scroll down to see the latest reviews, these damn video commercials move the page back up to where they are and it does it over and over to I finally give up.  Also, when I am at work now, I cannot go to any album page where all the reviews and info about a particular album are, the firewall there deems that part of PA as a security risk and blocks me viewing it....

I am beginning to think that rendezvous with a snapping turtle would be more preferable than trying to do anything on this website (which I love(d) this site as I found so much more music than I would have otherwise).
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2017 at 09:27
Originally posted by Quinino Quinino wrote:

Maybe it's time you older SC/admins come together and  form a rescue task-force to try to reach M@x in a formal way ASAP.
David, if you agree perhaps you could start a thread with that purpose and get things rolling ?

That would require two-way communication. I think Bartek is the only one who's been able to get a hold of him recently - over facebook no less. Mails on PA don't work.
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2017 at 09:47
I realize the catch 22 this thread ultimately ends up in. The more people whine and bitch about this the more alienated the owner gets. Put it this way: if you have been enjoying real life with your new baby and probably haven't thought about this site for a good while and then log in to see this kind of discussion going down. Will it spur you on to help these poor b*****ds who for a long time have been throwing sh*t his way?
It is a matter of different expectations and lack of communication. There has been zero communication between collabs and Max for a looong while now, which effectively means that we don't know anything about the major decisions before they occur.

It would be nice to know what Max thinks about all of this and if he is reading this at some point then I hope he accepts an apology on my behalf - not because I did not mean what I said but more because of the way it came across. BUT and this is a big but - working in the dark can lead to frustration when one has no way of talking to the lightkeeper.
Communication should be our way forth and I welcome any ANY word from our owner.
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2017 at 11:47
^The trouble is that communication over the intertit is just about the worst method humanity has invented as regards effective communication. The ideal way forward would be to have an actual meeting with Max, and see if a resolution could be found.

Of course, that is never going to happen, unless a group of collabs pay to go to Canada and offer to wipe Max's baby's arse whilst having said communication.

I very much doubt that he makes a great deal of money out of this site. It was started off as a labour of love, and now collabs continue that labour of love. The trouble is that there are maintenance and other issues which only the site owner can deal with.

To me, the ideal situation would be to have a cooperative of ownership, but to pay over to Max the royalties or income he gets now as the site owner. I would be happy with this, and I think that most collabs would be. We do not want the money, we just want to be able to fix things when they cause upset.

Just a couple of thoughts. Positive communication is the key, and I am sure that Max would respond in kind if we were able to effect this.
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
Magnum Vaeltaja View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnum Vaeltaja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2017 at 11:54
Originally posted by lazland lazland wrote:

Of course, that is never going to happen, unless a group of collabs pay to go to Canada and offer to wipe Max's baby's arse whilst having said communication.

Hey, I'm just a day's drive - tops - from M@X. Anyone down for a road trip? Big smile
when i was a kid a doller was worth ten dollers - now a doller couldnt even buy you fifty cents
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2017 at 12:05
I'm down. Pick me up in Brovst on your way there and I'll make sure to bring the vino and grassApprove

- Douglas Adams
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
PSIKE, JRF/Canterbury, P Metal, Eclectic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2017 at 12:37
^ excellent idea! Let's all convene at his house and confront him dressed up as robots! I wanna be Bender LOL

https://rateyourmusic.com/~siLLy_puPPy
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2017 at 15:04
Originally posted by siLLy puPPy siLLy puPPy wrote:

I wanna be Bender LOL

And that, chaps, was this week's diversity spot on PA
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2017 at 16:18
LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

Bender says: FIX THE F.U.C.K.I.N.G SITE ALREADY!

Bender Rodriguez.png

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2017 at 22:54
Originally posted by lazland lazland wrote:

Originally posted by siLLy puPPy siLLy puPPy wrote:

I wanna be Bender LOL

And that, chaps, was this week's diversity spot on PA

I clearly don't know my British slang! LOL

cstack3 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cstack3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2017 at 00:05
This clip says it all.....

Edited by cstack3 - June 25 2017 at 00:08
Vompatti View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vompatti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2017 at 15:58
Still no word from m@x, the site was down earlier today and I just got one of those sketchy cloudflare check things. I suppose this unironically means we've been compromised and this topic is more relevant than ever? ;O
Easy Money View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Easy Money Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2017 at 16:15
Originally posted by Vompatti Vompatti wrote:

Still no word from m@x, the site was down earlier today and I just got one of those sketchy cloudflare check things. I suppose this unironically means we've been compromised and this topic is more relevant than ever? ;O

I reported to M@x earlier today about the sites being down, and he replied to me, and I quote, "We are under CYBER ATTACK" his caps, not mine, just thought I'd let you know.
It also looks like he may be trying out a different security system, not sure yet.

Edited by Easy Money - June 25 2017 at 16:18
Vompatti View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vompatti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2017 at 16:24
^ ;O

If they're DDoS attacks, at least this system makes more sense than the captcha.
Easy Money View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Easy Money Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2017 at 16:32
^ I don't know if you noticed, but seemed like everything got knocked off line again, and right back in a matter of minutes.
Vompatti View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vompatti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2017 at 16:40
^ I did notice that.

I wonder why anyone would even bother to attack PA since there's no money or publicity to be gained.
infocat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote infocat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2017 at 16:43
I think someone is standing in the server room with the power cord in hand.
--
Frank Swarbrick
Belief is not Truth.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2017 at 16:52
Originally posted by Vompatti Vompatti wrote:

^ I did notice that.

I wonder why anyone would even bother to attack PA since there's no money or publicity to be gained.

Progressive music is always under attack as are any forms of evolution because they strengthen neural connections which lead to a perceived threat by the dementors of doom. Pathetic, yes. Reality, unfortunately. Never underestimate the power of jealousy by those who have sold their soul to......SATAN Evil Smile

chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 25 2017 at 22:49
Originally posted by infocat infocat wrote:

I think someone is standing in the server room with the power cord in hand.

Nooo, that's what nearly brought down British Airways recently!!!!
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2017 at 02:43
The site has been on and off for the past 12 hours and now I get what seems to be a new security feature checking something about something before I was given access to the forum. I hope this is for the better. Then again I know more about albatrosses and north african tuareg blues than I ever will about computers.

- Douglas Adams
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1314151617 28>