Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report abuse here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

worst abuse on PA ever

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 28>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2017 at 03:13
But did you get a captcha while making that post, Robert?
I am on my 5-6th post and I have yet to identify street signs.

Wow.... and now onto the edit- see if this captcha-free environment merely is a fluke.

Edited by Guldbamsen - July 10 2017 at 03:14
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2017 at 03:19
I take everything back. It's still hereDead
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Roj View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2017 at 06:11
I don't get much chance to visit the site these days but whenever I do Captcha is strangling the life out of me.
Epignosis View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Epignosis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2017 at 09:51
Originally posted by Epignosis Epignosis wrote:

I'm sorry, but this is garbage.

It took me three times to update our chart.

The first quiz asked me to identify wheels, but there was a van with no visible wheels.  Angry

The second quiz asked me to identify a goose, but the picture was of a seagull, not a goose.  Angry

The third quiz probably assumed I was a moron and just gave me the old street-sign rerun.  Dead

Now to click "Post Reply" and see what quiz from hell awaits.  Big smile

Originally posted by Epignosis Epignosis wrote:

Apparently, this is "Cream"

Ermm
Sean Trane View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2017 at 04:45
I got once in three posts. Clap

Why TF am I applauding Confused? LOL

It f**ked me on thiis one, thoughAngryOuchLOL

Edited by Sean Trane - July 11 2017 at 04:45
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2017 at 04:02
holly merda.... AngryAngryAngryDeadDeadDeadOuchOuchOuchPigNukeCensored PigNukeCensored PigNukeCensored PigNukeCensored PigNukeCensored 

Craptchrap just made me lost a complicated post (despite accepting my demand to go on expanded post reply window) in the collab zone - where it denies me more often access on first try than in the open forum.

In other words, this piece of motherf**kingcrap is also meddling in when we're changing from a quick reply to full reply... It has allowed me to go onto the full window, but lost the text in the processDeadDeadOuchOuch... first time that's happened (to me anyways)

SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2017 at 04:25
^You must repeat this mantra twelve thousand times: "I must copy my work before posting."

It's the only way to bliss, my son.

Edited by SteveG - July 19 2017 at 05:55
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2017 at 04:35
I don't think it is too much to ask for an explanation or at the very least some kind of information on this capcha non-sense. First and perhaps most importantly: is this here for good? If it is then bye bye Birdy. If it is temporary then for the love of dog INFORM us.
Watching the main page in the forum is very depressing these days. People log in but don't really post. Truth be told I thought something was up when I saw the most recent posts went as far back as 20+ hours. That is just madness compared to how PA usually rolls. Usually only goes back a couple of hours maybe 6 at the most. Just goes to show that this capcha thing is destroying the site...even more successfully than any bedroom hacker with a score to settle.

Also if collabs are experiencing the same difficulties over their laptops/computers as I have then it is far too precarious of an environment to work in....and do you really want to collaborate on something that continuously sabotage your work and most likely is bound for the trash or the eternal depths of the internet?
'Hi there! I would like it if you wrote a book for me, pro bono of course. Every once in a while though I will have to come round your house and erase a couple of pages and code in some enigmatic tasks for you to perform before your computer will work properly again. Then when you're done I would like you to throw it into the sea.'

- Douglas Adams
Finnforest View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2017 at 06:58
Now even the artist/album pages are a joke, for this user.  When I wanted to read reviews about an album, there is a video ad in the middle page that literally pulls your view to it.  So if you have scrolled down to read some review, and you're reading it, suddenly it jerks you away from the review back up the page to where the ad is running.  So, it is forcing you to view that ad, no many how many times you've seen it, or how many times you've pulled away from it.

That has nothing to do with "security."  That is just plain being an a****le, as a site.  It will drive away even people who do not use our forum. 
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2017 at 06:59
That does that to me too.  Very frustrating.
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2017 at 09:27
Originally posted by Finnforest Finnforest wrote:

Now even the artist/album pages are a joke, for this user.  When I wanted to read reviews about an album, there is a video ad in the middle page that literally pulls your view to it.  So if you have scrolled down to read some review, and you're reading it, suddenly it jerks you away from the review back up the page to where the ad is running.  So, it is forcing you to view that ad, no many how many times you've seen it, or how many times you've pulled away from it.

That has nothing to do with "security."  That is just plain being an a****le, as a site.  It will drive away even people who do not use our forum. 

wow. that is pretty terrible. It's one thing to hurt the forum, but the database is the true soul of PA.
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2017 at 09:36
^^ It's forcing more people to use adblocking software. I set mine to block particular types of ads that I find too intrusive since the site needs ad revenue to survive and I don't want to deny it that. At least with one other site/service, which doesn't use ads, I've become a Patron, but then that means that I get exclusive content and certain perks. Here I probably wouldn't be willing to do that as like many others, I have volunteered plenty of time to help this site and I wouldn't be willing to pay to volunteer (although other voluntary work has incurred personal costs but I've felt the causes to be more important).

Such a shame. Incidentally, despite, say, Captcha security, on my android phone I get messages saying not to use passwords or share credit card details as the site is unsecured and easily hacked.
Just a fanboy passin' through.
Vompatti View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vompatti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2017 at 09:52
Too bad there's so many contributors to the database, otherwise someone could make a copy and host it without the ads and make a new forum without captchas.
Kepler62 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kepler62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2017 at 05:48

I know quite a  few people who have been listening to progressive rock like myself since the seventies and many consider the site to be nothing but a a joke. I only come here once and a while with the false hope of some improvement. Too bad that the guy who started the vintage prog site doesn't maintain it any more. Fortunately he has left it up for posterity for those who want to explore the glory years.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2017 at 06:59
^The database isn't a joke.  There are some great reviews here that have led me to much good music.  But what has happened to the site is certainly a joke. 

What is the address of that vintage site you are talking about?  I remember that.  I'd like to check it out again.
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yam yam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2017 at 07:25
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2017 at 07:36
Ahhh, yes.  Tommy!  I remember writing to him when he stopped updating, almost begged him to keep going.  Didn't work, obviously.  Thanks for the link!Smile
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2017 at 07:44
Originally posted by Kepler62 Kepler62 wrote:

... many consider the site to be nothing but a a joke.

Could you specify "how many"  ?

I know a few (not many) that consider it one of the best online resources on the subject ... seemingly just a minority, according to your substantial survey Ermm
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2017 at 07:54

^The database isn't a joke.  There are some great reviews here that have led me to much good music.  But what has happened to the site is certainly a joke. 

What is the address of that vintage site you are talking about?  I remember that.  I'd like to check it out again.

Jim, nevermind this kleper dude, he's only trolling around...

He keeps saying he's slamming the door on his way out, yet line a pesky Klingon he's still around

he represents himself and little else
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2017 at 08:05
^ She

- Douglas Adams
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 28>