Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report abuse here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

worst abuse on PA ever

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 28>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2017 at 08:10
Originally posted by Guldbamsen Guldbamsen wrote:

I take it you're half tongue-in-cheek there Micky as Max doesn't make money off this site...if so it is not the amount that earns you the right to stop working irl.
I think this robot non-sense is a case of being overprotective. Kinda like Kansas pulling out of their European tour because of future terrorist attacks. On here the terrorists are merely substituted by malicious spammers.

I also believe also he's not making money from PA or the sister sites....  and that's precisely why he shouldn't use us as guinea pigs to try out this cruddy spam detector thingie on us, so he (M@X) can install it on his more sensitive sites.

Originally posted by micky micky wrote:

not sure about the rest of you....  if you get the communication with Captcha error..  your post isn't going through.  Enter the code.. still rejected...  tried to bypass it it.  ANd continuely skipped back trying to get a hole in Captcha.. it asked for it every single time. The pisser is.. you have to cut and paste the code.. and you lose the post you had saved if of course Captcha rejects you.. which it has every single time for me.

yup, also had this since this morning
TeleStrat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeleStrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2017 at 09:38
I stopped posting here a few weeks ago and joined a site that has more vinyl related topics.
I stay logged out but check in from time to time to see if that robot thing has been taken care of.
I will log out now for the last time until things change.

I miss posting here but this thing is more annoying than the American Politics thread (and that really is very annoying).
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2017 at 10:01
And I thought I was the only one being targeted by that assinine thing   ... lol
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2017 at 10:45
For me it's been a bigger problem being targeted at this site outside the forum (like when I tried to write and edit a review). It's a shame, but this site does need security. Spammers are not as big of a worry as hackers, and spammers in the forum are easier to deal with than ones spamming the database.

I'm not a techie, so feel free to correct me, but I suspect that Captcha was implemented site-wide as an attempt to mitigate DoS or DDoS attacks. I was getting denial of service messages in the front-side part of the site before Captcha was implemented. I could generally access the fora, but the rest of the site commonly was inaccessible.

I do hope that a good solution can be reached ASAP.
Just a fanboy passin' through.
Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin and Amateur Layabout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2017 at 11:32
f**kING ACCESS f**kING DENIED. f**k YOU f**kWIT 
What?
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2017 at 11:49
^ You cheeky funkster. "Funk" and "funking" is acceptable.

Not to negate your feelings of exasperation, you have the right to be funking angry.
Just a fanboy passin' through.
Kepler62 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kepler62 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2017 at 18:57
Originally posted by Dean Dean wrote:

f**kING ACCESS f**kING DENIED. f**k YOU f**kWIT 

I sense ANGER 

I'm pretty much done with this robot nonsense as well.

Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2017 at 19:06
I"m not really sure how this is meant to deal with spammers. I mean, this seems to be most aggressive with posting pictures, quoting others, or posting emoticons.

But yeah...if this could stop it'd be great.
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2017 at 23:10
......and we still get those 'live-life' spammers intervening regardless of CAPTCHA ??
Go figure.......
Sean Trane View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Trane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2017 at 02:25
thing is thaty it gets nastier as time goes along...

Capcha = spam
Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Meltdowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2017 at 04:21
Originally posted by TeleStrat TeleStrat wrote:

I stopped posting here a few weeks ago and joined a site that has more vinyl related topics.
I stay logged out but check in from time to time to see if that robot thing has been taken care of.
I will log out now for the last time until things change.

I miss posting here but this thing is more annoying than the American Politics thread (and that really is very annoying).
I'm sorry to read that, although it was easy to notice. I hope you'll be back soon, with psychedelic news Handshake
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2017 at 06:19
I haven't posted much lately because of this, let's see if this works.

*Edit* - yep, straight in, no pictures of road signs.

Edited by chopper - May 16 2017 at 06:20
DamoXt7942 View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Avant/Cross/Neo/Post Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DamoXt7942 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2017 at 07:03
F**kin' CrAPTCHA cannot block any Indian spammer at all. Pig
Jeffro View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeffro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2017 at 07:34
I'm on lots of boards and have been on lots more. None of them ever resorted to this captcha thing to stop spam. Why here? There has to be a better solution
We all live in an amber subdomain, amber subdomain, amber subdomain.

My face IS a maserati
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2017 at 10:28
^ especially since it doesn't really block spammers.
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
The T View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2017 at 10:42
This will mark the end of this website 
Larkstongue41 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larkstongue41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2017 at 11:43
Everyone's complaining and the captchas only seem to be increasing as I got my first ever ones yesterday. I don't know who takes care of this thing, M@X or whoever the hell it is but ARE YOU F*CKED IN THE HEAD? Ban me here I don't even care anymore you're killing your own site. There's already not much circulation on the forum these days and you're doing everything in your power to destroy it for good you tabarnak de moron. J'espère sincèrement que tu lis ca M@X pis que tu vas avoir assez de bon sens pour comprendre le message.
"Larks' tongues. Wrens' livers. Chaffinch brains. Jaguars' earlobes. Wolf nipple chips. Get 'em while they're hot. They're lovely. Dromedary pretzels, only half a denar."
Mascodagama View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mascodagama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2017 at 12:59
For some reason I get no Captcha when posting from my iPad. But using it for anything other than short posts is a pain in the arse.
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2017 at 13:13
One letter posts rules!
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2017 at 13:22
A
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 28>