Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report abuse here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

worst abuse on PA ever

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 28>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YESESIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2018 at 17:16
Originally posted by The.Crimson.King The.Crimson.King wrote:

Originally posted by YESESIS YESESIS wrote:

This won't let me post unless I have my adblocker turned off, and am allowing cookies. So then when I'm done I have to remember to go back and turn all that back on. It's almost not even worth it anymore imo. 

Sorry to hear that, I enjoy the enthusiasm of your posts Wink

I do get silly sometimes but I try not to ever be disrespectful toward prog music or this forum. 

Thanks guys. Smile
YESESIS View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YESESIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2018 at 17:34
Btw I've been having success now basically using what Logan said about different browsers for different things. I'm now using Microsoft Edge(set to pretty much allow EVERYTHING lol) for this forum, and then Firefox(which is set for as much privacy and allowing absolutely nothing as I could possibly make it) for everything else. And so far so good! 

Oh, and I have CCleaner so I can still get rid of most everything when I'm all done. 

Edit: One more thing lol. Can't compromise the security of my phone because it has all my contacts and all that, so I just won't try to post from it anymore. Only post when I'm home and on my laptop. 

Edited by YESESIS - January 04 2018 at 17:45
YESESIS View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YESESIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2018 at 16:15
Originally posted by dr wu23 dr wu23 wrote:

I've probably asked this before....but has anyone actually talked/e-mailed to the admin that did this....why does he continue to have captcha here knowing none of the members like it?

Yeah I was tempted to ask who this person is and email him(or her) myself, but now Logan has given me good advice and it's working so... don't really want to 'rock the boat' at this point.  
twseel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twseel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2018 at 16:58
Originally posted by The.Crimson.King The.Crimson.King wrote:

Originally posted by YESESIS YESESIS wrote:

This won't let me post unless I have my adblocker turned off, and am allowing cookies. So then when I'm done I have to remember to go back and turn all that back on. It's almost not even worth it anymore imo. 

Sorry to hear that, I enjoy the enthusiasm of your posts Wink

As for me, I run Firefox with adblocker on though I do allow cookies.  I rarely get the dreaded "permission denied" or even the silly "choose all pictures with a giraffe in them" nonsense...I think the whole thing is completely random and there's no ideal setup to prevent it LOL

Well I still have never had any of those weirder tests... These days it's only the occasional 'I'm not a robot' tick. It might help to write out all the BBcodes manually?
Vompatti View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vompatti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2018 at 18:13
This is the only site I use where I've never once passed the captcha, I always get the permission denied. Spoofing the user agent string doesn't seem to make any difference either.

If m@x insists on having the captcha on, despite the fact that a captcha does absolutely nothing to reduce the effect of the supposed DDoS attacks that the captcha is supposedly enabled for, he could at least make it work like it should.
Frenetic Zetetic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frenetic Zetetic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2018 at 06:37
The captcha here is the worst I've ever, ever experienced by far. I make most of my posts from my laptop and save the entire thing in notepad before clicking submit. If I'm on iPad of phone I'm SOL.

"I am so prog, I listen to concept albums on shuffle." -KMac2021
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2018 at 06:48
Resistance is futile!

And no dr Wu23 it is still not an admin behind this. I'm not sure how I can convince you of this as I've mentioned this to you on a number of occasions: it is the owner M@X who is in charge of this site and consequentially also responsible for captcha. Nobody has been able to get through to him during the last year either over the forum or via email. Nobody here can do ANYTHING about the matter. It is simply out of our hands.
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
The.Crimson.King View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The.Crimson.King Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2018 at 11:27
Originally posted by Frenetic Zetetic Frenetic Zetetic wrote:

The captcha here is the worst I've ever, ever experienced by far.

Same here.  This was the first place I ran into it so when I saw it pop up on a couple other forums I expected the worst...luckily I've never had to do more than check the initial "I'm not a robot" box.  No idea why it's implemented so horribly here Thumbs Down

Edited by The.Crimson.King - January 07 2018 at 11:27
twseel View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twseel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2018 at 03:40
Originally posted by Guldbamsen Guldbamsen wrote:

Resistance is futile!

And no dr Wu23 it is still not an admin behind this. I'm not sure how I can convince you of this as I've mentioned this to you on a number of occasions: it is the owner M@X who is in charge of this site and consequentially also responsible for captcha. Nobody has been able to get through to him during the last year either over the forum or via email. Nobody here can do ANYTHING about the matter. It is simply out of our hands.
So has he responded negatively or has he just not responded at all? What a cruel god we have...

Edited by twseel - January 08 2018 at 03:40
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2018 at 14:37
This is happening again with quoting. I haven't been able to quote once in the past four days or so without having to go through all this garbage again and again and again and again. 
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2018 at 17:30
Also now with copying/pasting. Not that I expect anything to change of course... 
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2018 at 17:32
Just happened to me with posting a reply. What is this crap ?? I don’t get this rubbish often, but it’s now happening more so.
HolyMoly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HolyMoly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2018 at 17:52
Hasn’t happened to me yet. Capchas are a pain in the ass but at least they help me reconfirm that I’m not really a spambot. It’s reassuring in a way.
My other avatar is a Porsche

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it is lightly greased.

-Kehlog Albran
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2018 at 03:52
Originally posted by Tom Ozric Tom Ozric wrote:

Just happened to me with posting a reply. What is this crap ?? I don’t get this rubbish often, but it’s now happening more so.
Yep, it all seems ok with a basic post with no quotes, emoticons or URLs. As soon as you do anything like this, you get captcha'd. Some basic quotes seem to be ok, let's see if this one works.
omphaloskepsis View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omphaloskepsis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2018 at 04:34
Originally posted by HolyMoly HolyMoly wrote:

Hasn’t happened to me yet. Capchas are a pain in the ass but at least they help me reconfirm that I’m not really a spambot. It’s reassuring in a way.

I Capchas, therefore I am.
HolyMoly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HolyMoly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2018 at 07:18
Originally posted by omphaloskepsis omphaloskepsis wrote:

Originally posted by HolyMoly HolyMoly wrote:

I Capchas, therefore I am.

OF COURSE YOU ARE, MY BRIGHT LITTLE STAR ⭐️
My other avatar is a Porsche

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it is lightly greased.

-Kehlog Albran
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2018 at 09:05
Just took me 18 tries to make a post...and it wasn't even katja. Nahh my 'session had expired'
So basically there are two ways of visiting PA:
1) Use your laptop and face katja in her most evil form.
2) Use your phone and you're (almost) free of katja, but the site works so incredibly slowly that it won't acknowledge your posts.

Third option involves a revolution and a baker's shop, but we'll look into that can of worms when the time comes.

“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2018 at 10:38
I post on several other forums that don't have/use Captcha.....so if they don't need them why does PA need them...? Was this forum being targeted or something..? 

One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2018 at 10:41
I haven't experienced Captcha in a long time. And this site was being targeted (Captcha doesn't only affect the forum).
theultimateprogressiveartexperimentalmusicresource.org: the ultimate progressive, art, experimental music resource dot org
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2018 at 16:11
How's craptcha being punishing you lately ?
I've noticed a much less frequency the last month or so, but that's me...is it generalized ? Can we conclude on a lighter setting?
(hope so)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 28>