Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Malady for ecclectic

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Rock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Malady for ecclectic
    Posted: May 23 2017 at 09:10
From Finland this young band has all the tools for inclusion.
Typical nordic melancholic prog using all the analogue gear.Similar in approach to Landberk,Anekdoten,White Willow...
What's gonna come out of my mouth is gonna come out of my soul."Skip Prokop"
Matti View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2017 at 09:35
Sure worth adding. The band was discussed at the end of 2015, but apparently it led nowhere...

Magnum Vaeltaja View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnum Vaeltaja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2017 at 07:00
I listened to their tracks that are on soundcloud and definitely think they're worthy of consideration for the site. Not so much for eclectic, but, as mentioned in Matti's link, I agree that psychedelic is a good starting point for evaluation. 

Here are the two tracks I could find streaming samples of:

Unfortunately the evaluation can't get much further without samples of the entire album, though. Ouch

when i was a kid a doller was worth ten dollers - now a doller couldnt even buy you fifty cents
yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yam yam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2017 at 08:06
I don't think Malady is going to get included in Psych to be honest - only siLLy puPPy is left to vote now, with one 'move' and one 'no' vote being been cast so far: http://progfreak.com/Malady-165101.html?path=pa/psych.

The full album is on bandcamp however, so samples are readily available: https://maladyband.bandcamp.com/Thumbs Up

As I said in the other thread, this band definitely belongs on the site...this is prog for sure! My hunch back then was that they'd end up in Crossover...and I still think that's the best place for them. I definitely don't hear the album as Eclectic Prog.
puzart View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote puzart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2018 at 02:25
Very good album. Please add it.
New album 02.02.2018

yam yam View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yam yam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2018 at 08:19
The title track from the new album is streaming on soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/svart-records/malady-toinen-toista. It does indeed sound very promising.

Malady themselves are still in the Psych camp on progfreak, with all votes cast, and two of them being 'move'.

We await further news from them regarding where that 'move' might be to.
Todd View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RPI / Heavy Prog Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Todd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2018 at 00:17
Awesome band, can't wait for the new album!
"I have seen the broken sky turn blue."

My Gnosis Ratings

Matti View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2018 at 01:01
My bet is that Malady will be accepted (definitely it should). Probably in the Crossover Prog section, in the lack of a better place...
Carlosh View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carlosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2018 at 12:22
New album is out! https://maladyband.bandcamp.com
Matti View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2018 at 09:23
Does someone know if any of the subgenre teams have Malady under official evaluation?

BTW, their second album Toinen toista is excellent! This band ought to be added as soon as possible.
Rivertree View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Band Submissions

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rivertree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2018 at 11:50
we will listen to the new album soon ...

Todd View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RPI / Heavy Prog Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Todd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2018 at 12:43
Originally posted by Matti Matti wrote:

Does someone know if any of the subgenre teams have Malady under official evaluation?

BTW, their second album Toinen toista is excellent! This band ought to be added as soon as possible.

Preach

My favorite of the year so far.
"I have seen the broken sky turn blue."

My Gnosis Ratings

Post Reply Post Reply