Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The Mystery Fax Machine Orchestra - Prog Related
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Mystery Fax Machine Orchestra - Prog Related

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martylog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Mystery Fax Machine Orchestra - Prog Related
    Posted: June 07 2017 at 14:13
Full disclosure: this is my own band. I don't know whether we qualify as prog, and it would be useful to have a second opinion.  I describe what we do half-jokingly as novelty-prog.  It's a bit 10cc/Klaatu/Bonzo Dog Band, but with a classical/film-score influence and an orchestral line-up.

The Mystery Fax Machine Orchestra was formed in 2007 by me (Martin White). Before that I was the accordionist and contributing songwriter in psychedelic folk-prog band Scarlet's Well, spun off by Bid from The Monochrome Set.  We've released five EPs and one concept album called "Master Flea", based on E.T.A. Hoffmann's novel.  Our second album The Hero's Journey is out on July 17th.

Some tracks that best exemplify what we do:

And an animated video for a silly Christmas song The Ultimate Boon

There's a write-up of our new album by Michael Bjorn, formerly of now-defunct Japanese prog magazine Strange Days here.

Thanks

Martin

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic