5 [10.42%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
Collaborator
Collaborator
Crossover/Symphonic/RPI Teams

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2017 at 11:41
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

Look last thing I want to see is PA die, go away and the DB with it, that would be a shame and a lot of work for naught. I have a suspicion that would never happen.....but u never know I guess.

For what it's worth, if this site met with an unfortunate demise, it has been archived at the Internet Archives' Wayback Machine (as are many, many other websites).

Just type in prog archives here: https://archive.org/web/

A downside is that some of the functionality doesn't transfer over to the archived version (like some images, scripts, etc.), but the textual data does get archived, and that's the most important stuff.

Otherwise, better buy a sh*tload of paper and a heavy-duty printer! Wink
----------
i'm shopping for a new oil-cured sinus bag
that's a happy bag of lettuce
this car smells like cartilage
nothing beats a good video about fractions
Formentera Lady View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 17 2017 at 22:53
Yes. The forum has always been an important factor for me for visiting this site. My contribution have always been small, but now I will reduce it even more... Today after 3 short posts with endless street signs and front stores (I did not get the easy mountains although I tried it several times!) I have enough now.
Still using this site as a lookup source, though.
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2017 at 00:20
Fah-king oath !!
Replayer View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2017 at 01:18
Today is the first time I've posted on PA in over three weeks and the hassle of often having to go through five captchas to submit a simple post or review is the main reason for this.
rogerthat View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2017 at 02:44
Yes, it has taken a wheelchair bound invalid and rendered him comatose.  I mean, even if a hypothetical somebody comes running towards the PA forum to post a hypothetical something, the great wall of captcha will send him hurtling back to where he came from at twice the speed.
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2017 at 04:27
Dead This crap killed me for a few days, so I laid low. Very annoying when you're not in the mood to play this torturous video game!
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
ExittheLemming View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2017 at 08:33
Are disingenuous time wasting c.u.nt.s being inconvenienced by  CAPTCHAS?  (let's hope so)

http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=104615&PID=5248228#5248228
Kepler62 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2017 at 12:36
Originally posted by micky micky wrote:

Killing it Steve?  Nah man... you can't kill what was already dead.  The site has been an animated corpse of its early days when people were involved, discussion (real discussion) ruled, and the site was populated with people who knew prog rock, not just fans of certain groups.

The site and accompanied stench of rot and decay are merely the symptom of the larger decomposition of the prog rock revival and the internet scene that formed around because of it of the late 90's early 00's which spawned the site. 

She's quite right. I'm pretty much done with the site myself. I've been insulted a few times by admins who seem to know nothing about anything.
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2017 at 12:43
^ But still you persevere...that's noble of you

Chill out and enjoy the ride, lad, it won't last forever, that's for sure Big smile
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2017 at 13:25
Originally posted by ExittheLemming ExittheLemming wrote:

Are disingenuous time wasting c.u.nt.s being inconvenienced by  CAPTCHAS?  (let's hope so)

http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=104615&PID=5248228#5248228
Iain, what has brought about such venom? Let me re-emphasize my past actions. I got mad, I apologized and I was reinstated as a member. So...

Let's go back to my long held view of your thoughts and opinions. They mean even less to me now than they did a few years ago. Close to zero as I recall. 

If you can't co-exist peaceably with me on this forum, then please go to where ever a hot bag of wind like yourself can be appreciated. I honestly don't have a clue where that is, but there must be someplace for you on the internet. It is a big world, after all. And it may even be free of captchas.

Btw Iain, fighting battles to avenge your friends is not your forte. You're too obvious and quite poor at it. Do yourself a favor and leave it to someone who can do it better. ;)
omphaloskepsis View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2017 at 01:18
Not helping.  Perhaps a math question would be better than the photo fragment pickem.
Tapfret View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2017 at 01:59
^yeah, robots are terrible at math.

Edited by Tapfret - June 20 2017 at 02:00
Thatfabulousalien View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2017 at 03:09
What is PA? is it this?

Classical music isn't dead, it's more alive than it's ever been. It's just not on MTV.

https://www.soundcloud.com/user-322914325
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2017 at 03:29
Originally posted by Kepler62 Kepler62 wrote:

Originally posted by micky micky wrote:

Killing it Steve?  Nah man... you can't kill what was already dead.  The site has been an animated corpse of its early days when people were involved, discussion (real discussion) ruled, and the site was populated with people who knew prog rock, not just fans of certain groups.

The site and accompanied stench of rot and decay are merely the symptom of the larger decomposition of the prog rock revival and the internet scene that formed around because of it of the late 90's early 00's which spawned the site. 

She's quite right. I'm pretty much done with the site myself. I've been insulted a few times by admins who seem to know nothing about anything.

Arrête, tu vas me faire brailler.
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2017 at 03:31
Originally posted by SteveG SteveG wrote:

Iain, what has brought about such venom? Let me re-emphasize my past actions. I got mad, I apologized and I was reinstated as a member. So...

Let's go back to my long held view of your thoughts and opinions. They mean even less to me now than they did a few years ago. Close to zero as I recall. 

If you can't co-exist peaceably with me on this forum, then please go to where ever a hot bag of wind like yourself can be appreciated. I honestly don't have a clue where that is, but there must be someplace for you on the internet. It is a big world, after all. And it may even be free of captchas.

Btw Iain, fighting battles to avenge your friends is not your forte. You're too obvious and quite poor at it. Do yourself a favor and leave it to someone who can do it better. ;)

Just another cheap shot from the lemming man.
ExittheLemming View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2017 at 08:10

You should never have been reinstated. You continue to behave like an unrepentant dick on every thread to which you deign to contribute. If I had been an admin at the time you were suspended you would never have survived the above quoted post. It seems that most of the 'cowards and mental defectives' as you describe the PA membership have turned the other cheek. I ain't.
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2017 at 08:14
I am so joyful now that I lost my bible length post! YayClap

Thanks M@X for this wonderful new implementation to the site. It's really a hoot. I know folks here tend to bitch and moan about all of this stuff, but it is surely better to protect oneself from 'malicious attacks' that most likely are out to steal all of our valuable info. Stuff like member's interests and real first names let alone all those bank and visa card codes that we all store somewhere in our profile.
I thank you for your protection. Neato.
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2017 at 08:21

You should never have been reinstated. You continue to behave like an unrepentant dick on every thread to which you deign to contribute. If I had been an admin at the time you were suspended you would never have survived the above quoted post. It seems that most of the 'cowards and mental defectives' as you describe the PA membership have turned the other cheek. I ain't.
Oh my, how will I sleep tonight? Do as you will, Iain. You'll get tired of it and leave eventually after doing irrevocable damage to your standing here. It's your call.

Edited by SteveG - June 20 2017 at 08:21
Shiny globe View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2017 at 10:25
Mr Tapfret thinks nobody has made interesting suggestions in order to improve the situation. What would you try if you were the webmaster?
Tapfret View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2017 at 10:40
^would you care to quote so I know what you are referring to?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>