Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Battlestations - Vixit 6-23-17
    Posted: June 20 2017 at 13:27
Battlestations - Vixit
Release date: June 23rd, 2017

From Hidden Shoal Recordings:

"Battlestations’ fans and those inevitably about to be, prepare yourself! We’re excited to be able to present a preview of Battlestations‘ majestic new album Vixit. The album drops on the 23rd of June through Hidden Shoal and will be available from Battlestations’ Bandcamp and all good 3rd party stores. Check out the excerpt of the opening track ‘I’ on SoundCloud.

While 2015’s The Extent of Damage felt like a high-definition camera roving across a ruined world, listening to Vixit feels like witnessing an intimidating new dawn, barely comprehensible from a merely human perspective. Massive and awe-inspiring, this three-part composition is breathtaking in scope and stunning in execution. Synthesizers, orchestra and choirs interweave into a billowing tapestry of glorious sound that completely envelopes the listener.

Brief centrepiece ‘II’ is the calm at the eye of the storm, a ruminative piano piece that brings a sense of intimacy to a suite of music that is all about challenging the listener’s sense of scale. To either side, massive tracks ‘I’ and ‘III’ stretch out into multi-part compositions that are as deep and wide as any orchestral piece, tempered with a sensibility akin to ‘70s kosmische music and the most progressive neo-classical ambient."

Sounds like these guys recorded a choir on this one

Link to Vixit album teaser

Edited by pianoman - June 20 2017 at 13:28
Battlestations View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2017 at 08:43
vixit_I View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2017 at 04:47
Dear Battlestations,

I hope you get to read this!

I love this record. It's easily my favoiurite of the year and has gone into my top 3 of all time. It's absolutely majestic with so many layers: every time I listen to it (and it's been lots of times now!) I experience something new. I'd be very interested to hear more about how this album was made.

I created a discogs page for the release as there wasn't one there, so hopefully more people will be exposed to it. I've also posted it to as many forums, Facebook groups and reddit groups as I know of to help spread the word.

Thank you so much for making this record. 
infocat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2017 at 05:04
This is indeed a wonderful album.  Probably their best.
--
Frank Swarbrick
Belief is not Truth.
Battlestations View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2017 at 14:13
Hi,

Sorry we're seeing this just now and didn't answer that before.
We're very grateful for these words. Even if the album diffusion hasn't been as widespread as we'd hoped, the response received from those who heard it genuinely baffled us.
Thank you for spreading the word, we're very thankful, and humbled by the attention you gave it. Such words make it worth doing it.

Battlestations
 Post Reply Post Reply