Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report bugs here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedReview to delete

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Review to delete
    Posted: July 02 2004 at 05:45
ASIA Asia progressive rock album and reviews ASIA - Asia
Review by Mike @ 5:33:14 AM EST, 7/2/2004
1 stars  —   Crap. I know it, you know it, my cat knows it. And for the fact that prog lovers don't want their bands to change--bull. It's not change they don't like, but selling out or jumping on the latest band wagon. For instance, no Yes fan would complain if they made their epic songs LONGER (nobody does that), but to make them 3 mins long-well every band in the world does that. What progress does a prog band gain in joining the masses. Also prog lovers don't really like it when prog bands add the latest music trend to their music. For example in the 70's the crappiest music out there was disco, now imagine back then you buy your favorite prog band's newest album- and there's disco stuff on there. Later, synth- pop is the latest fad; you buy your favorite prog band's newest album- and there's synth- pop stuff on it. Latest fad-hair metal--your favorite prog band's newest album has hair metal stuff. Rap, grunge etc, etc. Prog lovers, I bet, wouldn't complain or complain less if their favorite bands added influences that are not obviously the trend of the day-- classical, ethnic or jazz perhaps.

I don't think this review will help anyone to make up his mind on this album.
"Magma was the very first gothic rock band" (Didier Lockwood)
Certif1ed View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2004 at 06:40
I agree - it's not a review of the album at all, just an "I hate this and that" rant.
Easy Livin View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2004 at 14:41
JETHRO TULL A Passion Play  progressive rock album and reviews JETHRO TULL - A Passion Play
Review by Joe Boxer @ 2:26:23 PM EST, 7/4/2004
5 stars  —   Here's the deal in a nutshell. If you heard this album and did not like it, then you are not smart enough or qualified enough as a music reviewer to give an opinion. It's like explaining calculus to a 3 year old. This is a great album whether you understand it or not. If you are not sharp enough to appreciate the intelligent music made by Mr. Anderson, go listen to 'NSYNC. I will not review an 'NSYNC album because I do not appreciate the effort it takes for 5 young men dance to and sing other people's music. It all sounds boring to me. That's what "A Passion Play" sounds like to the members of 'NYSNC and any other person not smart enough to appreciate great music. I'm sure it's tough for Justin to dance and lip sync the songs on stage. I do not appreciate it because I prefer people who write their own music and sing it live. His efforts are wasted on me, much like Ian Anderson's efforts are wasted on less intelligent individuals. If this album is over your head, go review another album. Don't give a bad review just because you cannot understand or appreciate what it takes for a man like Ian Anderson to write and put this concept together. Go tap your toes to Britney Spears as she shakes all over the stage. Here's my final word. This is one of the greatest albums ever written. If you cannot understand it, move on to something you can understand and leave the reviews of these more intelligent albums to the more intelligent people.
----------------------------
Here we go again!!
M@X View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Co-founder, Admin & Webmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2004 at 00:29
done, both...
Prog On !
M@X View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Co-founder, Admin & Webmaster

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2004 at 00:29
Thanks guys ...
Prog On !
Joren View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2004 at 06:20

I agree that these reviews are not nice and not helpful, but I don't know if it is good to just delete another's opinion....

Why do they make it so hard?

Why can't they just write in an intelligent manner?

Easy Livin View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2004 at 15:08

Joren,

I agree with your sentiments, but at the same time we should remember the stated purpose of the site - "to develop a WEB SITE for the online progressive rock music community, with the goal of providing extensive Progressive Rock Music information".

The reviews above not only completely fail to help do that, they actually do a disservice to the site, and as such have no place on it.

All opinions are valid, abuse of the site is not.

Joren View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2004 at 17:09
Yeah, you're right... I just don't like the fact we need to delete those reviews... if they weren't there...
 Post Reply Post Reply