FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedHabitat Farine : Amma

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Habitat Farine : Amma
    Posted: August 02 2017 at 14:55

Hi ! This is Xavier, drummer and composer of Ghost Rhythms. I'm very proud to present you my first solo album, under the name Habitat Farine.

So here is Amma: a requiem to the paleocontact hypothesis.

https://habitatfarine.bandcamp.com/album/amma-a-requiem-to-the-paleocontact-hypothesis

The six pieces which compose it form a suite. This was inspired by the very amazing African tribe of the Dogons, with advanced astronomical knowledge and a rich cosmogony.
I knew the Dogons via Philip K. Dick, who knew them thanks to Robert K. Temple's bestseller "The Sirus Mystery".
The latter advanced the idea that the Dogons kept their knowledge of a contact with extraterrestrials, who came to visit the earth thousands of years ago. This is the theory of the "paleocontact", hence the title of the album: A requiem to the paleocontact hypothesis.
It is indeed a requiem for this romantic idea of ​​an old contact with creatures of another world. An idea which makes you smile, perhaps, today, but have inspired and made dream (and think) many people on earth (including your fellow drummer in his younger years).
This sequence of six pieces attempts to illustrate, above all, the feeling of "loss of the twin-ness" which, according to Marcel Griaule, characterizes Dogon's thought - and, of course, the whole work of Philip K. Dick, and much of Ghost Rhythms's music, also.
I very much hope you will like it !
Xavier

Edited by XavGel - August 02 2017 at 14:57
http://ghostrhythms.bandcamp.com
 Post Reply Post Reply