Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What prog album are you ashamed to not like?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luqueasaur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2017 at 20:39
The albums that I DON'T LIKE but should... Crime of the Century and Magma's debut. Particularly Magma. I feel worthless when I listen to Magma and think "so what?"...

Albums that I wished I could like more would be Pawn Hearts, ItCotCK and Relayer. The two first are good, but that's it; the third is just meh...diocre to me.
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AFlowerKingCrimson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2017 at 21:41
I'm probably not as big a fan of Tales from Toopographic Oceans as I should be. I like some of it a lot but there are parts that I feel just drag on a bit. I definitely see where RW was coming from in his criticism of it. The Remembering in particular just feels like a chore to get through. I like most of the rest though(even the ancient). 
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2017 at 00:31
the question is Confused its isn't making ????? so its NONE
welcome to my own minds expanding mindfulness
Mormegil View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mormegil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2017 at 04:33
Originally posted by mathman0806 mathman0806 wrote:

I have nothing to be ashamed about (when it comes to prog).

This . . .
Welcome to the middle of the film.
Argo2112 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Argo2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2017 at 07:56
Originally posted by AFlowerKingCrimson AFlowerKingCrimson wrote:

I'm probably not as big a fan of Tales from Toopographic Oceans as I should be. I like some of it a lot but there are parts that I feel just drag on a bit. I definitely see where RW was coming from in his criticism of it. The Remembering in particular just feels like a chore to get through. I like most of the rest though(even the ancient). 

Yea, I feel the same way about Topographic Oceans & I'm a big Yes fan. It has moments but overall I don't really enjoy it that much.

Edited by Argo2112 - August 17 2017 at 08:01
Rednight View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rednight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2017 at 09:16
Originally posted by Argo2112 Argo2112 wrote:

Originally posted by AFlowerKingCrimson AFlowerKingCrimson wrote:

Yea, I feel the same way about Topographic Oceans & I'm a big Yes fan. It has moments but overall I don't really enjoy it that much.

Here, here! The thing befuddled us all when it came out, and that remains to this day. Inspired only in places.
"It just has none of the qualities of your work that I find interesting. Abandon (?) it." - Eno
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic