2 [2.99%]
1 [1.49%]
0 [0.00%]
2 [2.99%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blacksword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2017 at 03:57
Script is fantastic. Possibly the best prof rock album of the 80's if we don't include Rush, ands consider 80's Rush to be prog rock.

Fugazi is a solid follow up, with some classic tracks (Incubus, Emerald Lies) but a move to more accessible and less 'mysterious' sound.

Misplaced Childhood blew my mind at the time, but bores me now. Too self indulgent lyrically, ad includes Lavender, their worst ever song.

CAS is well produced, well performed prog pop. Has it's moments, but by that time I was more into It Bites, for that kind of vibe.
Ultimately bored by endless ecstasy!
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2017 at 19:00
Thanks for the replies, mates.

Script 10
Fugazi 9
Misplaced 11
Clutching 12

Yeah, I like it.
essexboyinwales View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote essexboyinwales Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2017 at 14:10
Had to go with MC, over CAS.  It sounds so good, and like all great prog albums, I have no idea what it's about...LOL
Dopeydoc View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dopeydoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2017 at 15:04
Misplaced and clutching
Squonk19 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Squonk19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 23 2017 at 15:58
Misplaced Childhood used to be leagues ahead, but Clutching at Straws has practically closed the gap for me after years of repeat listens. While Side 1 of Misplaced is flowing gold all the way to end, Side 2 was always struggling to reach that peak. Clutching is more consistent and Incommunicado and Sugar Mice I never tire of. Script is pure nostalgia from those dark days of the early 80's and worth a spin still - although Fugazi was always one I struggled to find as engaging - and I've really tried over the decades. The Market Square Heroes 12" single is of course legendary!
“Living in their pools, they soon forget about the sea.”
Frenetic Zetetic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frenetic Zetetic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2018 at 02:05
Clutching at Straws.

"I am so prog, I listen to concept albums on shuffle." -KMac2021
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2018 at 02:20
Originally posted by Tom Ozric Tom Ozric wrote:

Does the Market Square Heroes E.P. count ??

or at least B-Sides Themselves
Cristi View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2023 at 03:58
another bump! Tongue
Octopus II View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Octopus II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2023 at 04:25
Misplaced Childhood.

I like them all though! Smile
David_D View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David_D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2023 at 04:47

Script for a Jester's Tear
                      quality over quantity, and all kind of PopcoRn almost beyond
progaardvark View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Crossover/Symphonic/RPI Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote progaardvark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2023 at 11:42
Script. I can see my toes better when they are swimming over the sun.
----------
i'm shopping for a new oil-cured sinus bag
that's a happy bag of lettuce
this car smells like cartilage
nothing beats a good video about fractions
Psychedelic Paul View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Psychedelic Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2023 at 11:56
Script for a Jester's Tear - the first Marillion album I ever listened to  and still my favourite from the Fish era.
Jared View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2023 at 13:51
Fugazi
Music has always been a matter of energy to me. On some nights I believe that a car with the needle on empty can run 50 more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio. Hunter S Thompson
mellotronwave View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mellotronwave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2023 at 14:30
Clutching
Machinemessiah View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Machinemessiah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2023 at 14:36

Fugazi.

Fugazi and B'Sides are the ones I play most. 

Mainly because of She Chameleon and Cindirella Search I guess, though I love them all (Fish-era).

^^^ Script was my primer too.. title track brings most beautiful memories discovering it, maybe the (odd) time signature..
Prog-jester View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prog-jester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2023 at 17:41
oof I was a bit harsh on CaS wasn't I

still my least favourite Fish-era album, MC clone much
Originally posted by Prog-jester Prog-jester wrote:

I'm baffled that CAS is winning, always considered this album to be a poor Misplaced Childhood copy (in everything, from flow and structure to actual melodies and lyrics) - the only song I love there is "White Russian".

Script for me, easily the most important record in my life
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dellinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2023 at 19:13
I think they never topped their debut.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123