Posted: September 10 2017 at 12:42
Isn't  China not outlawing bitcoin?
erwaco
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2017 at 05:40
I don't pretend to understand bitcoin and its like, but I'm happy to use Chrome to get something that might be worth something in the future.
brainstormer View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2017 at 16:59
These kinds of responses don't warrent a comeback but if you read my post I was giving 10 per post per member.  I had that kind of attitude about Bitcoin and I knew about it since when it came out.   The first purchase was one pizza for 10,000 bitcoins.  It has a 160 BILLION dollar market capitalization today, it with the other digital currencies.  China is the biggest player.  
--
Robert Pearson
Regenerative Music http://www.regenerativemusic.net
Telical Books http://www.telicalbooks.com
ParaMind Brainstorming Software http://www.paramind.net

Meltdowner View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2017 at 10:33
Man With Hat is a millionaire LOL
Tapfret View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2017 at 10:14
SteveG View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2017 at 09:25
Perhaps this not such a brainstorm? Ermm
This message was brought to you by a proud supporter of the Deep State.
someone_else View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2017 at 07:56
Meh. Too much virtual payola for producing my crap. It's for free. Those forum points are already more than enough.
Keep those 10 ProgRock tokens.

Edited by someone_else - August 30 2017 at 07:58
Mormegil View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2017 at 07:04
Originally posted by Evolver Evolver wrote:

Explain how this could be of any value.
Bitcoins have become primarily a toll for hackers to get paid for extortion anonymously.

And I shudder at the idea of having to install Google Chrome to use a currency.

Totally agree.
Welcome to the middle of the film.
Evolver View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover & JR/F/Canterbury Teams

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2017 at 18:02
Explain how this could be of any value.
Bitcoins have become primarily a toll for hackers to get paid for extortion anonymously.

And I shudder at the idea of having to install Google Chrome to use a currency.
Trust me. I know what I'm doing.
brainstormer View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2017 at 17:54
This post was made at that other Prog Rock site, since I have posted here more often and earlier, will just introduce this a little more here.  Some of you may remember me all the way back to around 1995 in Usenet groups.  I've been wanting to help people in the Prog Rock community get into digital currency because it really is a force that is here to stay.  You are the people when not with people around me physically, are people that I've spent a large part of my life with so I wanted to help you get involved with something that I see as a great benefit economically.  Bitcoin and related altcoins have a 160 billion dollar networth as of day, and that has doubled in less than a year.

I realize you may not understand a lot of this but just read through it and I'll answer any questions.   Basically, send me a personal message with your WAVES address and I'll send you the tokens.  As far as how to set up the WAVES Chrome extension, there are a lot of places to find out about that. There is no nearing expiration date for this, it will be going on for several months.

The purpose of the ProgRock token is to get more awareness for cryptocurrency in the large community of music fans that are into progressive rock and other forums of progressive music. ProgRock token is a new concept in cryptocurrency which involves getting existing fanbases involved in cryptocurrency. Cryptocurrency is only in it's infancy, and even most computer professionals do not own any of it.  An intellectually stimulating music culture like Progressive Rock is the perfect group to further acceptance of digitally created currency. 

There needs to be another standard of value in cryptocurrencies, that of people's personal interests, not just trying to create a new digital currency based on economics.  There are thousands of such currencies which have been created, but we need to focus on building exchanges of values within human interest groups like film, music, and other arts or social interest groups. There needed to be an easy to use interface for the general public, that was not just a wallet for one currency, but both a wallet and an exchange.  It is clear that WAVES has become that platform, with it's easy to use WavesLite wallet that can be installed as a Chrome extension.  It already has a 500 million dollar market cap and has been used worldwide. 

Progressive rock has many redeeming features.  Most of the older major progressive rock stars are still leading productive lives into their old age.  Much of progressive rock borrows from classical, world music, jazz and folk making it a music that brings out the best in people.   It is loved worldwide and it is has been produced in almost every country.  Some of the famous bands associated with it are Yes, Genesis, ELP (Emerson, Lake and Palmer), King Crimson, Pink Floyd, Dream Theater, and literally thousands of others.  

There had been a ProgCoin but according to the creator, "ProgCoin was just a smart contract token rather than a fully fledged currency. It had a limited lifespan." 

What we are doing first is giving away ten ProgRock tokens per user post to each member of Progarchives and Progressiveears, the two largest and oldest online forums for discussion of Progressive Rock.  For example, if someone has been posting there a while and has 1500 posts, that would be 15,000 ProgRock tokens.  

--
Robert Pearson
Regenerative Music http://www.regenerativemusic.net
Telical Books http://www.telicalbooks.com
ParaMind Brainstorming Software http://www.paramind.net

Post Reply Post Reply