Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2017 NHL Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2017 NHL Thread
    Posted: October 04 2017 at 23:49
Hockey season started tonight with two fun games between the Blues and the Pens and the Flyers and the Sharks (and some other games as well...).

Go NYR! Don't suck this year...
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rushfan4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2017 at 06:55
I'm counting on the Red Wings to secure a top 5 draft pick this year.  Only thing exciting going on here is they officially open the new slICE arena tonight.
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2017 at 07:57
The Habs won't scores goals again this year.

Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2017 at 10:31
and the Caps will choke once again.
AEProgman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AEProgman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 05 2017 at 12:07
Pens 3-peat?  Being a fan, sure would like to see it, realistically I don't think so as they lost a few role players and Tampa Bay looks strong.  Could this be the year the Caps get over the hump or are they mentally fried when playoffs come around again.

Live where the Hurricanes are and try to go see a couple of games a year and mildly root for them, they will struggle to make the playoffs....again.

Let's Go PENS!
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 18 2017 at 00:20
The blue shirts are not granting me my request...
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2017 at 13:38
I think that we will be able to say that the Habs will not make the playoffs this year before the end of October.

and to think that the fans pay $150-200 to go see this crap. Laughable!

Collaborator
Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2017 at 14:10
^ If that is the case, do you think this will be the end of Price as a Hab? 
Frankh View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frankh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2017 at 16:43
Originally posted by Man With Hat Man With Hat wrote:

Although it's still early, the early returns are distinctly not favorable. The Rangers have had some pretty good runs in recent years, so maybe a down year is due. The problem is they have a tendency to make a habit of down years.
Perhaps finding the happy medium is harder than we know.
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2017 at 17:39

No, I don't think so, Price is here to stay and so is the GM. If they don't make it this year some heads will surely roll on the second floor (Bergevin's assistants) but I'm not expecting much more.

and they will probably keep going with that goddamn defensive mentality of the last 25 years. sigh
Collaborator
Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2017 at 15:18
Originally posted by Frankh Frankh wrote:

Although it's still early, the early returns are distinctly not favorable. The Rangers have had some pretty good runs in recent years, so maybe a down year is due. The problem is they have a tendency to make a habit of down years.

Yeah...just watching them this year they seem older and slower. I fear Henrik's best days are behind him and his ability to carry a good team are in the past. But it's still early...they displayed some good fight coming back against the Isles (only to lose of course...but at least they got a point!)
Collaborator
Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2017 at 15:20
Originally posted by Barbu Barbu wrote:

No, I don't think so, Price is here to stay and so is the GM. If they don't make it this year some heads will surely roll on the second floor (Bergevin's assistants) but I'm not expecting much more.

and they will probably keep going with that goddamn defensive mentality of the last 25 years. sigh

It just seems like every year his name pops up on the trade block. I wouldn't get rid of him, but yeah...their mentality of late (I haven't been following them for 25 years :P) is certainly a hindrance. 
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2017 at 10:40
The Habs goalie looks very unhappy lately.

Poor little baby.
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2017 at 08:01
Any junior team could beat the Coyotes (2-15-3) this year.

But not the habs.

Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2017 at 12:22
Enough is enough Habs. No more I will encourage these bunch of lazy millionaires. Pity for Danault, Gallagher and Byron... get out of this mess, dudes and quick!

Go Sens/Preds!
AEProgman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AEProgman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2017 at 13:48
Hang in there!  :)  

(could not get a laughing emoticon to post due to the f bombing captcha)
Larkstongue41 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larkstongue41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2017 at 16:31
^^ Hey Weber's been playing great too. Pretty disappointing to practically have to give up on the habs chances for this season that early. And no need to tank since the upcoming draft is not very promising (not that they'd do it anyway). It's not like the team is bad. They play great and should win most games but as it's been the case for the last 4 years, they don't score goals. I don't know what Bergevin was thinking to start the season with such weak D. The offense is slightly better imo (on paper, not what we see currently) but they had no real chances of reaching the playoffs unless Price played like '13-'14. With such space on the salary cap, we could have kept Markov AND Radulov which would have been the best Canadiens roster offensively since what, the early 2000s?

What's worse is that if they don't manage to come back strong next year, it will take an incredibly long time to rebuild. I firmly believed (and continue to believe) that they had/have about a 5 year window of opportunity to go all the way while Price was/is still in his prime. If that window closes it will remain closed for a looong time. The team won't go anywhere with the current prospects they have and the current upper management has proven countless times that it's not up to the task of properly building a team for the future.

...still gonna follow their games and cheer for them through this sh*t though and will be hoping for a Toronto-like rebuild in the near future.
"Larks' tongues. Wrens' livers. Chaffinch brains. Jaguars' earlobes. Wolf nipple chips. Get 'em while they're hot. They're lovely. Dromedary pretzels, only half a denar."
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2017 at 19:51
f**k 'em! I'll be back only if they trade Princess Price and Max Periphery.

Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2017 at 12:25
Dammit! The Senators are playing even worse than the Canadiens.

Another boring to death 2-1 game.

f**k ice hockey. I'll watch curling this winter, way more exciting.
Barbu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2018 at 12:24
Restructuration time for the Habs?

If I were Marc Bergevin...I'm keeping

Forward: Danault, Byron, Lehkonen, Hudon, Drouin

Def: Weber, Benn

Goalie: Lindgren

I'm putting everybody else on the trade market!

But we know it will never happen in Montréal, n'est-ce pas?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>