Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Music Lounge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedPlease help me find this album!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Please help me find this album!
    Posted: November 05 2017 at 10:02
Some time ago I listened to a full album on youtube. I did it in incognito so that it doesn't start recommending me all kinds of styles I'm not usually into, and now I can't find it in my history.

It was new, possibly 2015+, maybe even 2017.

I don't remember the band's name (it was 1 word), or the album's name. I can only remember fragments of the tracks' name: The first one was called something like "sunwaker", "lightbringer", I don't know exactly. The second or third track had "Dragon", or "Dragon's XY" in its name.

What I do remember extremely well is the album cover. Here is my Paint drawing of it: https://imgur.com/gallery/YZLAZ

The colours may be off, but otherwise it is accurate. This is my only very solid memory, if it overwrites any of my other clues, consider this one the more reliable. Throughout the video the cover was animated, and the sun was rapidly fluctuating to the music.

The first comment hailed it as very "groove", it was probably progressive/post rock with some electronic. I'm not really into this genre though I don't dislike it. The music was "sunlike"; rhythmic, uplifting, radiant, and "full". The tracklist right to the album cover was in a purple background, maybe?

I went through full pages of Google pictures, all the uploaded AND liked videos (literal thousands) of "wherepostrockdweels" and "worldhaspostrock" on youtube. I went to /mu/, reddit (here's the thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/postrock/comments/7aqen0/please_help_me_find_this_album/), to no avail, I've been searching for days. I am so desperate I even thought of hiring a private investigator.

How can this band be so invisible? Do they not want to be found? I know so many details about it yet I can't find it. They do not form a clue strong enough that I can search for. Please, if you recognize the cover, if you know anything about them, tell me! I would be immensely grateful.
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2017 at 19:31
Don't know the band but this might help ~

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
YESESIS View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2017 at 20:15
I did a quick search and this was the closest thing I could find based on your description of the songs and cover

Edit: Also the second comment calls it, "so groovy"

Edited by YESESIS - November 05 2017 at 20:18
Vaddiszno View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2017 at 13:07
This is truly a huge coincidence. It matches 2 of the tracks' names, the "Sun" and the "Dragon", but the album I'm looking for was much more electronic. Also, the cover obviously differs.

Thanks for the answer though, it's not your fault that I was looking for something else because there is a match, and after all this band of mine is goddamn invisible. I'm still hoping though.
YESESIS View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2017 at 15:47
Originally posted by Vaddiszno Vaddiszno wrote:

This is truly a huge coincidence. It matches 2 of the tracks' names, the "Sun" and the "Dragon", but the album I'm looking for was much more electronic. Also, the cover obviously differs.

Thanks for the answer though, it's not your fault that I was looking for something else because there is a match, and after all this band of mine is goddamn invisible. I'm still hoping though.

How did you come across this album on youtube? Were you listening to something else first and then it was one of the suggestions to the right? It often helps with things like this to 'retrace your steps.' 

For instance, go back to youtube and type in an album that you think you might have been listening to before that.. then click on one of the "Up Next" selections that you think you would probably have clicked on then.. and so on. That's what I would do. 

Edited by YESESIS - November 15 2017 at 15:48
Blinkyjoh View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2017 at 14:12
Have you searched bandcamp for titles?

Removed my suggestion, i can't believe there are so many titles called lightbringer on bandcamp!

p.s. the closest i've come is 
Tychos - Dive. Doesn't have the figures or tracks listed though. 
Hadal Sherpa - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fyegLArw5c

Edited by Blinkyjoh - November 29 2017 at 15:53
Rednight View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2017 at 14:36
Good luck!
"It just has none of the qualities of your work that I find interesting. Abandon [?] it." - Eno
AFlowerKingCrimson View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2017 at 14:55
You could contact the guy who runs a site called progstreaming. Show him that picture too. He might even be a member on here. Not sure.
 Post Reply Post Reply