Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Gigs, Tours and Festivals
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

King Crimson European 2018 Tour

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AEProgman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: King Crimson European 2018 Tour
    Posted: November 20 2017 at 09:21
FYI, just announced last week via DGM email...date details to come on the 22nd.

KING CRIMSON EUROPEAN TOUR 2018 ANNOUNCEMENT

Next week, King Crimson will be announcing the dates for next year's European tour - visiting Poland, Germany, Austria, Czech Republic, Hungary, Sweden, Norway, The Netherlands, Italy, France and UK.

Dates will be announced on Wednesday 22nd November and pre-sale VIP tickets will go on sale on 23rd November. We will be offering both the Royal Package and also a new Courtiers Package. 

Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2017 at 09:56
clearly I won't be at any of these, but! I'm glad to see they are continuing to exist. Hope the free songs per gig continue too!
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
silverpot View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silverpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2017 at 15:25
Thanks a lot for the heads up, Progman. Thumbs Up
AEProgman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AEProgman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2017 at 06:43
Originally posted by Man With Hat Man With Hat wrote:

clearly I won't be at any of these, but! I'm glad to see they are continuing to exist. Hope the free songs per gig continue too!

Me either.  From your post, I was not aware those songs were free (thanks!).  Went to their website and downloaded a few, especially the one from the show I was at.  Having time to listen more intently, I hear a little more improvisation at times than I remember during the show...which is a good thing to me!
AEProgman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AEProgman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2017 at 06:55
OK, they posted the European 2018 schedule...hope some of you can make it, a must for any Crimson fan and for those that have never seen them (IMHO).

In addition to the regular tickets the band will be offering two packages - The Royal Package (as before) and a new Courtiers Package to try and prevent mass scalping of the best tickets. These will be available from DGMLive on the Tour page of the website and via the promoters in the UK and Germany.

As on previous occasions the touring is split into two sections.

The Summer concerts are as follows.

Wed 13th June
Poland, Poznan
Earth Hall

Thu 14th June
Poland, Poznan
Earth Hall

Sat 16th June
Poland, Krakow
ICE Congress Hall

Sun 17th June
Poland, Krakow
ICE Congress Hall

Mon 18th June
Poland, Krakow
ICE Congress Hall

Wed 20th June
Germany, Essen
Lichtburg

Sat 23rd June
Austria, Vienna
Stadthalle

Sun 24th June
Austria, Vienna
Stadthalle

Tue 26th June
Czech Republic, Prague
Forum Karlin

Wed 27th June
Czech Republic, Prague
Forum Karlin

Sun 1st Jul
Germany, Berlin
Admiralspalast

Thu 5th Jul
Sweden, Stockholm
Cirkus

Fri 6th Jul
Sweden, Stockholm
Cirkus

Sun 8th Jul
Norway, Oslo
Sentrum Scene

Mon 9th Jul
Norway, Oslo
Sentrum Scene

Tue 10th Jul
Norway, Oslo
Sentrum Scene

Fri 13th Jul
The Netherlands, Amsterdam
Concertgebouw

Mon 16th Jul
Germany, Munich
Philharmonie

Thu 19th Jul
Italy, Pompeii
Teatro Grande

Fri 20th Jul
Italy, Pompeii
Teatro Grande

Sun 22nd Jul
Italy, Rome
Auditorium Cavea

Mon 23rd Jul
Italy, Rome
Auditorium Cavea

Wed 25th Jul
Italy, Lucca
Piazza Napoleone

Fri 27th July
Italy, Venice
Teatro La Fenice

Sat 28th Jul
Italy, Venice
Teatro La Fenice

UK & European Autumn dates

Mon 29th Oct
UK, Bournemouth
Pavilion Theatre

Wed 31st Oct
UK, Cardiff
St Davids

Fri 2nd Nov
UK, London
Palladium

Tue 6th Nov
UK, Birmingham
Symphony Hall

Fri 9th Nov
UK, Manchester
Bridgewater Hall

Mon 12th Nov
UK, Glasgow
Royal Concert Hall

Thu 15th Nov
France, Paris
L’Olympia

Fri 16th Nov
France, Paris
L’Olympia

Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2017 at 06:59
Ahh nuts. I missed them the last time they visited Copenhagen due to back problems (I even had a ticket!!!), and now it looks as if it was my only chance to see Bob and cohorts in the flesh
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Sagichim View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sagichim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2017 at 20:24
I'm gonna kill myself if I'm not going this time.
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2017 at 00:14
I will definitely go to Cardiff
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
DDPascalDD View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DDPascalDD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2017 at 11:32
Fk yeah! Was hoping for this to happen, must go to see them indeed!!
AEProgman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AEProgman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2017 at 14:28
Hope you all can make it for sure!

Saw them on the Fall tour of the USA 2017 tour and they were a beast!  I believe the European tour will still be the 8 man lineup (3 drummers) with Bill Rieflin back at keyboard duties who did not make the Fall 2017 USA tour for reasons I am not sure of.  I rarely go to concerts anymore, but could not miss this when it came to town and I think it was the best show I ever saw/heard (although some of the 70s shows I saw were in altered states of mind and don't remember a darn thing...wink, wink).

Regarding Bill missing the Fall USA tour, I would give a positive shout out to Chris Gibson who filled in for him with only a 2 week notice before the tour started!  Can you imagine getting that call from Fripp and Co. and have to cram in all the songs they used on their sets.  Job well done Chris!

Edited by AEProgman - November 24 2017 at 14:35
Blaqua View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blaqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2017 at 18:47

I wonder if they are planning to record all their gigs for a future release, such as boxed set. In any case, they won't do that in Greece

Blacksword View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blacksword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2017 at 06:54
I'm gonna try and make the Palladium, London.
Ultimately bored by endless ecstasy!
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lazland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2017 at 09:47
And three tickets purchased for Cardiff today
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
Sagichim View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sagichim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2017 at 15:50
I preferred going for Amsterdam but the ticket's comission was insane, anyway I settled for Berlin. Man am I waiting for this...
Squonk19 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Squonk19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2017 at 16:19
I see they have by-passed the North-East of England once again. I think they might have had a good chance of filling the Sage in Gateshead?
“Living in their pools, they soon forget about the sea.”
AEProgman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AEProgman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2017 at 06:30
Just saw on Crimson's website, they have added 2 shows.  A second show in Amsterdam and another one in London.
AEProgman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AEProgman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2017 at 13:47
More shows added, from KCs web site pasted below:

Amid all the Christmas hullaballo it may have escaped your attention that three extra dates have been added to King Crimson’s 2018 tour. They are...

Essen 21st June 2018
Berlin 2nd July 2018 
London 3rd November
AEProgman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AEProgman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2018 at 14:04
Updated shows added.

Two extra shows in Berlin and Munich have been added to King Crimson's Uncertain Times tour taking place later this year. The additional performances are :

Berlin 3rd July

Munich 17th July
Crimsonsnowdog View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crimsonsnowdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 12 2018 at 14:42
I have seen King Crimson a few times in the last four years and even though I won't be making the trip across the pond, I'm interested to find out what changes they make to the set lists. The songs I still would like to hear would be: Great Deceiver, Lament, and Thela Hun Ginjeet. They usually put on a great performance and play for about 2 and 1/2 hours.
AEProgman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AEProgman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2018 at 08:00
The 1rst show of the 2018 tour set list at Poznan.  Second show there indicates a different set list via Levin's tour diary page.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>