Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > Proto-Prog and Prog-Related Lounge
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Is the album "Sabbath Bloody Sabbath" heavy metal?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedIs the album "Sabbath Bloody Sabbath" heavy metal?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2017 at 06:47
^Jesus.
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
mathman0806 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2017 at 07:40
^
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2017 at 08:15
Regarding the whole Jesus decided there is no sophistication in heavy metal issue, my not valuable contribution:

Being the son of a carpenter, and some say a carpenter himself, Jesus liked a bit of wood -- Norwegian Wood or otherwise. While having a particular affinity for wood due to his upbringing, Iron Age/ Bronze Age Jesus might have enjoyed working with, and wielding, metal had he had the chance (In Matthew King James version it is said that he did say, "Do not think that I came to bring peace on the earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword". I assume the sword would be iron and not wood, and iron is a heavy metal. Also, I wouldn't think that common (ie. base) metal (such as iron and various bands) would be too base for him (base metal or metal with lots of bass). Being the guy with the commoner touch as he is often depicted, when it comes to heavy metals, I rather suspect that he would have preferred the ones that may be deemed less sophisticated. So, say, he might prefer iron and tin over gold and silver. While all four are heavy metals, two are more base.

That said, Judas Priest did betray Jesus, sort of.

Edited a bit, as in my desire for brevity I felt I did not add enough to the digression to be worthy of a PA post-at-tangents and failed to answer the initial question to boot.

I classify "Sabbath Bloody Sabbath" as heavy metal.

Edited by Logan - December 22 2017 at 12:08
Just a fanboy passin' through.
Frenetic Zetetic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2017 at 17:09
Sabbath is primarily a heavy metal band with experimental tendencies. Sabbath Bloody Sabbath is their most prog approach, and my person favorite because of that.

"I am so prog, I listen to concept albums on shuffle." -KMac2021
Tillerman88 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2017 at 17:23
Not.today's for sure
The overwhelming amount of information on a daily basis restrains people from rewinding the news record archives to refresh their memories...
Mortte View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2017 at 00:09
Of course Sabbath Bloody is their most prog albums also the reason that Wakeman drank with them in the studio (someone´s has said he also played more in the Sabbath album than Topographic).
Frenetic Zetetic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2017 at 02:12
Originally posted by Mortte Mortte wrote:

Of course Sabbath Bloody is their most prog albums also the reason that Wakeman drank with them in the studio (someone´s has said he also played more in the Sabbath album than Topographic).

He definitely spent more time drinking and playing darts with Sabbath than working on Tales with the boys, lol.

"I am so prog, I listen to concept albums on shuffle." -KMac2021
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12