Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > I Have A Question For You......?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Am I being blacklisted?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrufordFreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Am I being blacklisted?
    Posted: December 15 2017 at 16:38
I've not been able to vote in polls or post new topics in the forum lounge for about a week. Have I done something wrong? What could cause a long-time member to lose privileges? Have I been a bad boy?  
Drew Fisher
https://progisaliveandwell.blogspot.com/
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2017 at 17:11
Very odd, Drew.  No blacklisting at all as far as I know, doesn't really happen here and I'm sure you'd have heard about any issue.

You might post this in the Collab section or PM an admin.

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
Guests View Drop Down
Forum Guest Group
Forum Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2017 at 02:54
I know it's weird how maybe personal and weird some of these technical issues can come off these days, but please accept the plain truth that this site just simply does not work, no matter how fun it might sound for us admins to mess with people.

So I don't know anything about this Drew, but post more details and we'll see, that is, are any error messages showing up when you try to post or anything.
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
PSIKE, JRF/Canterbury, P Metal, Eclectic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2017 at 07:44
Sometimes these things can be solved simply by upgrading your software. I had all kinds of problems until i did so and since then haven't had one little problem on this site :o

https://rateyourmusic.com/~siLLy_puPPy
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Man With Hat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2017 at 12:21
You haven't donated to the Man With Hat CD fund in awhile. Please rectify for service. 
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
The Dark Elf View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Dark Elf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2017 at 12:42
Perhaps the polls are graded on a curve and your choices have fallen off the spectrum.
...a vigorous circular motion hitherto unknown to the people of this area, but destined
to take the place of the mud shark in your mythology...
The Bearded Bard View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Bearded Bard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2017 at 13:45
Originally posted by Man With Hat Man With Hat wrote:

You haven't donated to the Man With Hat The Bearded Bard CD fund in awhile. Please rectify for service. 
Mellotron Storm View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mellotron Storm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2017 at 15:45
Originally posted by BrufordFreak BrufordFreak wrote:

I've not been able to vote in polls or post new topics in the forum lounge for about a week. Have I done something wrong? What could cause a long-time member to lose privileges? Have I been a bad boy?  

I believe it's for that 2 star review of Two Rainbows Daily, now I could be wrong but that's probably worthy of some sort of blacklist.LOL

Edited by Mellotron Storm - December 16 2017 at 15:46
"The wind is slowly tearing her apart"

"Sad Rain" ANEKDOTEN
progbethyname View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2017 at 15:56
Well Mr. Fischer you once said to me that Fields of The Nephilim remind you of The Cure.

The chains are off on that one! Lol. ;)
*Blacklisted*

Gimmie my headphones now!!! 🎧🤣
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
PSIKE, JRF/Canterbury, P Metal, Eclectic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2017 at 17:42
Originally posted by The Bearded Bard The Bearded Bard wrote:

Originally posted by Man With Hat Man With Hat wrote:

You haven't donated to the Man With Hat The Bearded Bard,           

well, duh, siLLy puPPy

CD fund in awhile. Please rectify for service.......  N O W !!!  

https://rateyourmusic.com/~siLLy_puPPy
Quinino View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quinino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2017 at 09:43
Now, seriously! - have you already found a solution to the problem? Was it software related ? It could be of future general interest to know this ...
dr wu23 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr wu23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2017 at 15:29
It's prolly that assinine captcha sh*te....
One does nothing yet nothing is left undone.
Haquin
Jaketejas View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jaketejas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2018 at 11:41
Friends ... and we're all friends here. I suggested the potential addition of a prog band to the archive, and my thread was locked 🔒
Like an intrepid reporter, I was gradually gathering new information and adding it through replies to my own post.
That's how I work ... a little bit here ... a little bit there ... like a squirrel gathering acorns for the winter.
If I did something wrong, please let me know. Perhaps I committed - unintentionally, of course - a forum faux pas.
If so, I humbly apologize. The band I suggested still rocks though!!! (Sorry again, my bad)
Guests View Drop Down
Forum Guest Group
Forum Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2018 at 12:20
^This probably isn't the best thread for this Gary, but I'll answer it here regardless.

Your thread was locked because to take threads in suggest new bands subforum seriously they need to have a lot more information to start with so when a moderator noticed a thread that doesn't even have a name of the band in the title and the post contains only three words without any links then he responded appropriately. I'm sorry about that but we can't let threads clutter the forum and hoping that members will add on to it later cause sometimes people are that lazy.

Feel free to suggest the artist again but before that please read this post first which was already in that subforum:  PLEASE READ - BAND SUBMISSION PROCEDURE. Also in general sense and not just regarding band suggestions, if your post looks more like a spam bot wrote it rather than a human then please make an effort to make it less so.
Jaketejas View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jaketejas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2018 at 14:56
Thank you so much. Understood!
Jaketejas View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jaketejas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2018 at 17:54
Getting the 🔐 made me sad, I must admit, but at the same time I felt a little bit ... well ... erm ... like a rebel ... which was, strangely enough, kind of ... good. I will ponder these mixed feelings.
Jaketejas View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jaketejas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 22 2018 at 12:17
I have reposted! I wish I had seen the "read me first " first.

This time I'm not locked 🔒 out (so far so good)

Thanks again!
Jake
 Post Reply Post Reply