Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > Music and Musicians Exchange
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - What do you think about my latest new releases?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWhat do you think about my latest new releases?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: What do you think about my latest new releases?
    Posted: December 28 2017 at 02:30
Hi everyone, in 2017 i've released three album (in first 2018 i will realease many other, more prog really), "Furore" (italian traduction of "Grapes of Wrath of book of Steinbeck") is a concept album borned from mine soundtrack for a theather show presented in Biennale di Venezia 2017;
"Parti di raccolta differenziata" is... a simple another concept album that explain psychiatry for me "in music";
"Parti della Preda di Schroedinger" instead is a experimental like (not) commercial album, with many electronic sound but with a suite/medley of 27 minutes c.ca... 

I ask here because progarchives is my reference site for music (prog is almost all for me Heart)

Thank you all and sorry for my english...! :) Link below

https://open.spotify.com/album/07T0UNbUFwQqRQN9vkZWSD  (Parti di Raccolta Differenziata - Organica Random)

https://open.spotify.com/album/2LmLKSIIKAMAM1TgCIIxtS  (Parti della Preda di Schroedinger)

P.S.
I would like to call a new genre like "Progressive Wave", what do you think about this?
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2018 at 20:48
I have too many accounts as it is so I didn't sign-up for Spotify and couldn't listen.   Some other streamer?  or Youtube maybe?

"Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."   -- John F. Kennedy
france_mala View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2018 at 03:34
Hi, thank you for response, and sorry for retard of my answer, i've not receveid any notification... 
Yes, it is present in many of streaming services like Deezer, Play Music, Apple Music etc... In Youtube i've full only "Furore" ("Grapes of Wrath" from Jhon Steinbeck)... 

Link:

Thank You! :)

Francesco
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2018 at 04:04
Hi Francesco

I am really liking your music. It's got this experimental IDM thing going for it that suits my electronica fix.
I guess one could call it progressive wave. If by that you're also suggesting PA start up a new subgenre, then I must sadly disappoint you.
Prog electronic here on PA is not the same as on other sites. The only reason for PA having an electronic genre is that it was so intertwined with the Krautrock scene that you basically can't have one without the other. When PA decided to include the Krautrock genre it also got an electronic one. These bands were so interconnected that it wouldn't make sense otherwise.
That is why all electronic artists featured on PA have to have some kind of detectable sonic link to prog, and in most cases it's found via the Berlin School of electronics. That is why you will never see Aphex Twin, The Future Sound Of London, The Orb, Boards Of Canada and Orbital on PA. They have nothing to do with Prog. You actually remind me a bit of the latter (Orbital).
Anyways, just thought I'd mention this.

Edited by Guldbamsen - February 12 2018 at 04:05
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
france_mala View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2018 at 05:52
Thank you for the feedback! :)

No, i don't think absolutely to start up a new subgenre of PA, I love this site/community whit him format, and also for me electronic prog is german like - Krautrock etc... (but also french especially or italian artists, in addition to many other). "Progressive Wave" would like to be only a subgenre of modern electronic music in general (idm/edm), with original meaning of the word "progressive", not like "progressive house" et similia... 
Anyhow really thank you again for the feedback! (and sorry for my english!) :)

Francesco

(i love D. Adams) ;)
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2018 at 07:05
No no don't worry your english is fine. I certainly understand you well enough.
I'm glad you're on board with PAs somewhat odd take on progressive electronic, as it is the only way to make sense of the sub.
You also touch on another thing with your post - one that reflects how fluffy the word progressive has become. Progressive house and trance fx is not progressive...but they're still known under those monikers. Just like most of the prog bands we have included on PA aren't really progressive as much as they're playing in a style that once was considered progressive. It is however a very usefull sticker for people looking for more of the same stuff...but can also be very confusing as the language evolves and the words' true meanings evaporate in thin air.
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
 Post Reply Post Reply