FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedEnd of Internet neutrality in the USA

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2018 at 09:25
Originally posted by Vompatti Vompatti wrote:

It's just so weird how many people seem to have bought into the propaganda that net neutrality somehow protected smaller sites or their users when it's so obvious from how the internet works that the sites with the most traffic (like Google and Reddit) benefited from it the most.

Exactly.  

moshkito View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2018 at 09:39

It's just so weird how many people seem to have bought into the propaganda that net neutrality somehow protected smaller sites or their users when it's so obvious from how the internet works that the sites with the most traffic (like Google and Reddit) benefited from it the most.

And this is the reason why the big companies, like AT&T and Comcast, and Disney, and what not, are buying those folks out ... it will not only take out "competition", it will also keep all the money in-house and the issue with "bandwidth" is no longer an issue.

The good one now is will Disney buy Comcast, or Comcast buy Disney in the future? I already see this as a huge battle of the behemoths for supremacy on the airwaves ... but both Comcast and Disney need a serious take down ... their control of things is bad, and the FCC is ignoring it.
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
PSIKE, JRF/Canterbury, P Metal, Eclectic

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2018 at 09:42
Originally posted by moshkito moshkito wrote:

And this is the reason why the big companies, like AT&T and Comcast, and Disney, and what not, are buying those folks out ... it will not only take out "competition", it will also keep all the money in-house and the issue with "bandwidth" is no longer an issue.

The good one now is will Disney buy Comcast, or Comcast buy Disney in the future? I already see this as a huge battle of the behemoths for supremacy on the airwaves ... but both Comcast and Disney need a serious take down ... their control of things is bad, and the FCC is ignoring it.

It was a weird set of circumstances. Admittedly i jumped the gun in pointing the finger but that doesn't mean that my fears won't come to pass. The situation is getting worse and even though this was just a false alarm it has definately upped my paranoia as well as conditioned me to expect the absolute worse at any given moment. In the meantime, i'm just happy to surf the web with impugnity once again LOL

https://rateyourmusic.com/~siLLy_puPPy
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12