Author
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
RIO/Avant/Zeuhl & Eclectic Team

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Aranis Call It A Day
    Posted: January 02 2018 at 13:15

Aranis Call It A Day

From the Aranis FB site, translation via FB

Hierbij een officieel bericht namens Aranis...
Zoals jullie weten is Aranis al bijna 16 jaar bezig zich te profileren met programma's met eigen composities of bewerkingen van muziek van anderen (gelijkgestemde) componisten. We gingen vele samenwerkingen aan met diverse groepen en gastmuzikanten en speelden zo’n 400 concerten in binnen- en buitenland met hoogtepunten in Japan, Verenigde Staten, Portugal, Verenigd Koninkrijk, Duitsland, Nederland, Polen, Tsjechië, Frankrijk en Letland. We brachten zeven full- albums uit en brachten programma’s in diverse bezettingen waarbij we samenwerkingen met lokale muzikanten en koren nooit uit de weg gingen. We wonnen Gouden Vleugels 2007 (de Radio Klara Tandemtrofee voor het meest beklijvende concert en de Jeugd en Muziek Prijs Kamermuziek), De Mano Mundo M3 Publieksprijs en onze CD’s werden meermaals genomineerd binnen de categorie ‘beste buitenlandse CD’. Onze laatste CD betrof een eigen interpretatie van het werk van Nirvana, terwijl ons huidige programma (dat nog niet verscheen op CD), de sprong maakt naar muziek van 800 jaar geleden.
Door het huidige politieke- culturele klimaat, is het helaas voor Aranis niet langer houdbaar om verder te groeien als groep. We leggen de lat hoog voor onszelf en proberen onszelf steeds weer uit te dagen en ons publiek te verrassen. Om een nieuw muziekprogramma te maken, zijn wij gemakkelijk twee jaar aan het werk.
Dat is de tijd die nodig is om nieuwe muziek te schrijven, in te oefenen, opnames te maken, een enscenering uit te werken, promotie te voeren, concerten te verkopen, …
De huidige culturele besparingspolitiek leidt vooral tot minder speelmogelijkheden voor minder commerciële muziekgroepen en minder subsidiemogelijkheden voor nieuwe artistieke producties.
Om professioneel te kunnen werken is er een minimum aantal concerten nodig samen met een basisondersteuning voor de creatie van een nieuw programma.
Deze basisvereisten krijgen we niet langer georganiseerd.
Daardoor hebben wij besloten om (voorlopig) met Aranis te stoppen. Uiteraard vinden wij dit heel erg jammer. De groep kwam nooit eerder zo goed overeen, dus daaraan ligt dit zeker niet. Bovenal zijn wij heel erg dankbaar voor alle kansen die we hebben gekregen: de vele cc’s en programmatoren die ons jarenlang hebben geboekt, de prachtige festivals waar we te gast waren, het fijne publiek etc! Het was een onvergetelijke tijd!!
We hopen dat er in de komende jaren wat zal veranderen op vlak van cultuur (al houden we ons hart vast).
En als er terug mogelijkheden komen zullen we met veel goesting verder werken aan nieuwe Aranis- programma’s.
Groet! Jana, Joris en de hele Aranisploeg!!!
NB: we plannen nog enkele laatste concerten tot einde seizoen 2018-2019 (deze verschijnen op onze website dit voorjaar).

An official message on behalf of aranis...

As you know, aranis has been working for almost 16 years with programs with their own compositions or edits of music from others (like-minded) composers. We went on many partnerships with various groups and band, and played around 400 concerts in Japan, United States, Portugal, United Kingdom, Germany, the Netherlands, Poland, the Czech Republic, France and Latvia. We spent seven full albums and brought programs in various occupations where we were never out of the way with local musicians and choirs. We won golden wings 2007 (Radio Klara Tandemtrofee for the most haunting concert and the youth and music prize chamber music), the mano mundo m3 audience award and our cds were nominated on several occasions within the category " best foreign CD Our last cd was an interpretation of the work of Nirvana, while our current program (which has not yet appeared on CD) makes the jump to music from 800 years ago.
In the present political climate, it is unfortunately no longer sustainable for aranis to grow as a group. We set the bar high for ourselves and try to challenge ourselves again and surprise our public. To create a new music program, we are easily at work for two years.
That's the time needed to write new music, practice, take pictures, make a staging, promote, sell concerts,...
The current cultural besparingspolitiek lead to less space for less commercial bands and less funding opportunities for new artistic productions.
In order to work professionally, a minimum number of concerts will be needed together with a basisondersteuning for the creation of a new program.
We can no longer organise these basic requirements.
As a result, we have decided to stop with aranis. Of course we find this very regrettable. The group has never been so good, so this is certainly not. Above all, we are very grateful for all the opportunities we have received: the many cc's and programmatoren who have booked us for years, the beautiful festivals where we were guests, the fine audience etc! It was an unforgettable time!!
We hope that, in the years to come, we will have a change in culture.
And if there are possibilities, we will continue to work on new aranis programmes.
Salute! Jana, joris and the whole aranisploeg!!!
NB: We plan a few last concerts until end season 2018-2019 (these appear on our website this spring).
Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on Progrock.com

https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-avant-jazzcore-happy-hour/
Man With Hat View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Jazz-Rock/Fusion/Canterbury Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2018 at 13:59
Such a shame to read, especially if I understand the reasoning behind the roughly translated text. 

Was hoping for another album of original material, but alas...I'll spin their second and Roquefort as they are my favorites from them. 

Edited by Man With Hat - January 02 2018 at 14:00
Dig me...But don't...Bury me
I'm running still, I shall until, one day, I hope that I'll arrive
Warning: Listening to jazz excessively can cause a laxative effect.
schizoidman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2018 at 17:23
Such a shame. I wish them well and thanks for some great music.

Making the useless useful 24/7.
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2018 at 17:36
That's a shame. I really like Aranis. I only have four of theirs: debut, II, Songs From Mirage and Roqueforte. I should check out the group's more recent music. I've long wanted to see them in concert.
Just a fanboy passin' through.
schizoidman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2018 at 21:39
Afenginn's work is quite similar to Aranis. I enjoy Afenginn quite a lot, too.

Edited by schizoidman - January 05 2018 at 10:24
Making the useless useful 24/7.
 Post Reply Post Reply