Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedNew RPI band- Verganti

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: New RPI band- Verganti
    Posted: January 12 2018 at 14:06
Italy's Verganti supposedly formed over their theory that Darwin was wrong and Aliens started it all.   I don't speak Italian but after perusing  Verganti's 2017 debut Atlas song titles, I surmise Verganti's-Atlas is a concept album addressing their Alien theory of life.  

Verganti's debut album is available on Progsteaming.  To my inexperienced ears they sound RPI to moi. 

http://progstreaming.nl/pages/play-album.php?activeAlbum=2017-10-27-05 - Verganti - Atlas
Aussie-Byrd-Brother View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2018 at 14:47
Great find, Cindy!! I was getting a little bored with the opening couple of minutes, but then that great raspy vocalist comes in, and then music races in endless directions with plenty of the bombastic classical flavours we like. Quite comparable to the eclectic sounds of Banco del Mutuo Soccorso to my ears. You can tell right away from the first few minutes how skilled the band are. Will post the details in our RPI Group and see what the other fellas think.

Did you buy the CD of this? I think I might grab this one very quickly!

Ha, and I don't mind the concept, I'm a reader of Fortean Times, so I am always down for these sort of concepts!
omphaloskepsis View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2018 at 17:17
Originally posted by Aussie-Byrd-Brother Aussie-Byrd-Brother wrote:

Great find, Cindy!! I was getting a little bored with the opening couple of minutes, but then that great raspy vocalist comes in, and then music races in endless directions with plenty of the bombastic classical flavours we like. Quite comparable to the eclectic sounds of Banco del Mutuo Soccorso to my ears. You can tell right away from the first few minutes how skilled the band are. Will post the details in our RPI Group and see what the other fellas think.

Did you buy the CD of this? I think I might grab this one very quickly!

Ha, and I don't mind the concept, I'm a reader of Fortean Times, so I am always down for these sort of concepts!

Nope! I didn't buy a copy yet....I've been shuffling and adding to my top 10 Italian list.  I'm listening to a beau coo of new RPI releases.  Six months ago, I believed 2017 was an off year.  I don't anymore.  I've ended up purchasing 10 RPI albums since Christmas. Yeow! nMy collection is Mercury to your Jupiter, however I don't bear your RPI Collaborator responsibilities.   Plus my new semester starts Tuesday if its not iced, snowed in and cancelled. 
 Post Reply Post Reply