Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Books and Miscellaneous Reviews
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

My Book of Genesis - Richard MacPhail

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Squonk19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My Book of Genesis - Richard MacPhail
    Posted: January 22 2018 at 16:42
Just ordered Richard ('Sound Friend') MacPhail's 'My Book of Genesis" and looking forward to reading it this coming weekend. A member of the Anon, close friend of the band, tour manager and all round support mechanism through the earlier, classic albums.

Has anyone bought or read it yet? Any views? Genesis books remain thin in the ground, so hoping it gets under the 'public school' reserve from this period. Not expecting 'The Dirty Truth' though - but I bet they got through a lot of Earl Grey at times!
"...and the man in the mirror has sad eyes."
Cosmiclawnmower View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cosmiclawnmower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2018 at 14:42
There was a chunk reproduced in the latest copy of 'Prog' magazine..

I haven't read Mike Rutherford or Phil Collins book.. I might get MR's eventually but not in any hurry..

I am quite intrigued by Richard Macphail's book and it will probably be the most honest account of the times; not only Genesis but other bands in the Charisma stable, roadies and the various package tours.

Ive got a spare copy of 'opening the musical box' by Allen Hewitt looking for a home if youre interested?
'The straight furrow is the labourers acknowledgement in the validity of art for art's sake' John Stewart Collis, 1940
Squonk19 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Squonk19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2018 at 14:59
^ Many thanks for the offer, Cosmiclawnmower. I've got it somewhere in the spare room - but thanks for reminding me. I must dig it out again along with Armando's book.

It was the Prog Magazine article that prompted me to get Richard's book. I thought it came in the post today, but it was the copy of Lucky Man by Greg Lake I eventually got round to ordering this week. Looks like I've got a bit of reading to do the next few weeks!
"...and the man in the mirror has sad eyes."
HackettFan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HackettFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2018 at 21:08
The first time I tried Hackett’s website and Amazon, it was sold out. Well, I could get it electronically from Amazon, but I wanted a print copy. Anyway, I checked on Hackett’s web store today, and was able to order it. I just have to wait for it to arrive now.
A curse upon the heads of those who seek their fortunes in a lie. The truth is always waiting when there's nothing left to try. - Colin Henson, Jade Warrior (Now)
HackettFan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HackettFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2018 at 21:03
Yes! It came in the mail today.
A curse upon the heads of those who seek their fortunes in a lie. The truth is always waiting when there's nothing left to try. - Colin Henson, Jade Warrior (Now)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic