Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedArs Pro Vita - Symphonic Prog from Brazil

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ars Pro Vita - Symphonic Prog from Brazil
    Posted: February 09 2018 at 20:08
Hi, guys, this is Ars Pro Vita, from Brazil.
Our composition involves the use of complex chord progressions mixing common and odd rhythmic patterns and unusual harmonies, with special attention in building concept albums and usually long tracks, using guitars, keyboards, drums, orchestral instruments, a bunch of effects, and musical instruments from various countries, which are incorporated to contextualize the song to the concept of the work, when it's needed. Influences: Genesis, Yes, Pink Floyd, Gentle Giant, King Crimson, ELP, Focus, PFM, Triumvirat, Renaissance, U.K., Procol Harum.

BIOGRAPHY
In early 2016, LF began to write poems on various subjects of humanitary themes, which quickly grew and turn to lyrics. At this time one day PJ, his brother, who had already composed many musical works with extensive experience in composition, proposed that they try to compose together. From there, LF began composing themes and fragments of melodic lines on the guitar. PJ in turn, for more than twenty years had been composing many instrumental themes on the computer. The union around the idea of composing albums together quickly happened with base on the subjects that LF was writing. By December the composition of the album ' Minor ' was initiated, when the lyrics were finalized. In September, 2017 the album was released, to an audience on a movie theater, in Porto Alegre, Brazil.

ALBUM
'Minor' (2017)

1 - UNHEARD - 14:17

i. Home of The Free    ii. Minor    iii. Abducted    iv. Silence is...

2 - SAILING THE SEA OF FEAR - 7:18

3 - A HERD OF SILENT SHEEP - 4:58

4 - INTERMEZZO A TERRA - 3:02

5 - FREEDOM IS A DISEASE - 3:31

6 - I’LL STILL SCREAM - 5:18

7 - THE BEATEN’S PATH - 8:09

8 - UNODIREKTA BILETO - 7:22

i. Vivus    ii. Per Aspera ad Astra    iii. Mortuus

9 - I JUST WANNA GO HOME - 2:30

Total playing time: - 56:25

Produced by Ars Pro Vita
All music, lyrics by LF Venegas ([email protected]) and PJ Venegas ([email protected])

David Fontoura - mixing and mastering at Soma Estúdio - Porto Alegre BR
Hot Machine Custom and Relic Custom Shop - guitar projects
Davina Marques - lyrics review

< -cfasync="false" ="/cdn-cgi/s/d07b1474/cloudflare-static/email-decode.min.js">

Edited by arsprovita - February 09 2018 at 20:16
 Post Reply Post Reply