Forum Home Forum Home > Other music related lounges > Get The Word Out
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedHelp get prog on Canadian airwaves!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help get prog on Canadian airwaves!
    Posted: February 14 2018 at 10:34
Hi everyone! I'm a long time PA lurker and semi-active poster here and I play in a progressive rock band called Boreal Kinship. You can check out my signature if you want to hear our EP for a sampling of our music, and we're also on Facebook, Youtube and Instagram if you want to hear some live tracks that aren't on the EP. We've got a bit of metal, a bit of rock, a bit of jazz fusion, and a sprinkling of a lot of other genres - just a typical prog band that doesn't want to do the same thing every song.

Right now, we're in a competition called CBC Searchlight which is "CBC Music’s annual hunt for Canada’s next undiscovered talent". All I ask of you is to check out our music and if you like what you hear, head over to our Searchlight page and give us a vote - if you really like us, you can vote once per day until the end of the month.

One of the prizes for the competition is studio time at Studio Bell in Calgary, so you'll be helping us create more prog rock for you to enjoy. If vintage keyboards are your thing, they've got a crap-ton there (I went on a tour there and they even had a Birotron for crying out loud), and those would surely make an appearance on the album!

Thanks so much for taking the time to read!
 Post Reply Post Reply